z

Young Writers Society

I'm LJF! It's nice to meet you all!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:45 am
LJF says...

Hello, guys (and girls. I just call everyone guys and or dudes).
I'm LJF! I'm a high schooler living in the US. I was looking for a space to post my stories, but I wasn't sure where- my friend AlisontheWriter (Hi, Alison!) recommended YWS, I checked it out, it looked awesome, and the rest, as they say, is history.
I really want to write a novel, and have been trying since I was probably 10 or 11, but I always have trouble with my middles.
I just started a new story last week, and I'm really hopeful about it. I'd like to work on it a little more and build up some backlog before posting- so maybe by the end of January?
Until then, maybe I'll post some of my (really old, really bad) attempts at short stories and poetry.
Wish me luck!
-LJF
“In order to...apply the teachings of the Aincrad style...keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool.”-Reki Kawahara
"I’m glad I didn’t die there. I have to go home. I’ve still got things to do.”-Yukako Kabei

109 Reviews

Reviews: 109
Mon Jan 01, 2018 3:43 am
View Likes
neptune says...

Hey, LJF! Welcome to the site!
What kind of genres do you enjoy writing?
I can’t wait to see some of your pieces here!
you can request a review here!
Check out Squills!

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:00 am
LJF says...

neptune wrote:Hey, LJF! Welcome to the site!
What kind of genres do you enjoy writing?
I can’t wait to see some of your pieces here!

Hi, Neptune! I write a lot of fantasy, but I've never been able to finish anything longer than a 20-page short story.
I also like writing free-verse poetry. I don't think it's that good, but people seem to really enjoy it.
I've been getting more into contemporary realism- in fact the story I'm planning right now is a contemporary realistic fiction piece. I don't want to go into too much detail here, but it's all about music.
“In order to...apply the teachings of the Aincrad style...keep its secret motto in mind: "stay cool.”-Reki Kawahara
"I’m glad I didn’t die there. I have to go home. I’ve still got things to do.”-Yukako Kabei

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:52 pm
Iggy says...

hi LJF! welcome to the best site ever! :mrgreen:
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:11 pm
Panikos says...

Hiya, LJF! Can't wait to read your work. I love fantasy. :)
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

Words are pale shadows of forgotten names. As names have power, words have power. Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind