z

Young Writers Society

Hey, Not sure I should be here but here goes...

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:01 am
Beauties_Prototype says...

... Umm hey...
... Im Sarah...
... Im 15 and I've had an interest in writing for a while now...
... My spelling can be off quite a bit but im not afraid of a spell check machine to help me with my errors...
... I have always enjoyed writing...
... Not poetty, as I think poetry really desires a more advanced or different skill...
... Im not really sure If I should be here but I write quite a bit but Im to afraid to show my work to friends or family but complete and utter strangers is perfectly ok...
... Strange no?...
... Well if you have any questions dont hesitate to contact me...

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:09 am
Meshugenah says...

Hello!

I think you're in the right place, m'dear, so no worries.

I can't spell to save my life (ask around: Crysi, Firestarter, they like making fun of me. Meanies. But i get them in Grammar. Yep). Not showing work to family or friends seems really normal, actually. I've always felt more comftorable just posting something under a screen name than as myself, and letting others who are the same way critique it, and returing the favor for them.

So! If you have any questions, feel free to PM or e-mail me (all in my profile).

Oh yeah. Welcome to YWS!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 am

Thank you for such a warm welcome.

Well look at that, I seemingly proved my point.
A spelling mistake in my very first post.
Thats a real talent that.

915 Reviews

Reviews: 915
Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:46 am
Incandescence says...

Welcome Sarah,

I'm probably infamous around the poetry forums as being mean, inconsiderate, and so on. But I'm not that bad! Honest, I only want to see you get better.

Since I don't frequent the fiction forums so much, I probably won't be of much help to you, but if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

All the best,
Brad
"If I have not seen as far as others, it is because giants were standing on my shoulders." -Hal Abelson

Thu Oct 12, 2006 7:02 am

Well I will probablly be quickly labelled as a bitch...

See Im brutally honest as well...

But someone has gotta be or those who arn't to great are going to go on thinking they are and perhaps one day make a fool of themselves without being given the chance to improve...

Well thats how I justify my cruelty.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:01 am
Jiggity says...

Indeed. That being the case you oughta be the most receptive to your own dose of medicine. I circle the fiction forums, and poetic ones as well. I'll look out for your stuff.

Welcome.
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Oct 12, 2006 8:30 am
Myth says...

Greetings Sarah!

I'm exactly the same about my work, I really don't show it to my family but friends and the members on this site are always helping out with their critiques.

Enjoy your stay! :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:39 am

Im sure I will enjoy it here...

And of course, If you dare to give critisism you have to be able to take it equally as well...

And I respect others opinions as much as I want people to respect mine...

Thats the only way you can get through life I suspect...

Well this place is definately one for their welcoming party I will give it that...

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:46 am
Firestarter says...

Hey, Sarah, welcome to the site!

If you any questions/concerns just PM me and I'll be happy to help.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:52 am

Thank you Im sure Ill be very happy here...

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:55 am
Cassandra says...

As others have suggested: PM me if you have any questions or need any critiques, and I'll be happy to help!

Can't wait to see your work around the site!

--Cassandra
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:07 am

Thank you very much...

I just have to write my second book review and my work will be posted for you to love, hate, despise or treasure...

266 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 266
Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:01 pm
backgroundbob says...

I'm like Brad: I eat small babies.

Apart from that, I only hurt writers!

Hope we'll see your stuff around.

Bob
The Oneday Cafe
though we do not speak, we are by no means silent.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:28 pm
Roaming Shadow says...

... Im not really sure If I should be here but I write quite a bit but Im to afraid to show my work to friends or family but complete and utter strangers is perfectly ok...
... Strange no?...

Strange? Not at all. That's me all over. I've only let one person I know see only one piece of my work. And I have quite a few unfinished works. Trust me, from what you've said here so far, you're going to fit right in. And those who truly wish to improve will not see you as a bitch. They'll welcome you, as long as you justify every remark you make.

Anyway, welcome to the site, and enjoy your time here.
"In a fair fight I would have killed you."
"Well that's not much insentive for me to fight fair now is it?" (PotC: TCftBP)

I'm probably dead already, but that doesn't mean I can't take a few scumbags with me. ~Jak

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:30 pm
Wiggy says...

Hey Sarah!!!!! We've got something in common already-I love writing and I'm 15 too!!!! You'll love it here-the members rock, the crits are honest (sometimes brutally! :D), and the site is just awesome! I promise you'll learn soooo much, and everyone will help you if you need it. What kind of stuff do you like to write?

Introductions, introductions-I'm Wiggy, and I'm known to be insane. *looks around wildly* What's the turtle's name again? *comes back into focus* Right, right....jkjk I'm not that bad! :D lol But it is fun to be random. I'm reeeeeally glad you're here, and I'm sure you'll be a great asset to our community! If you have any questions or jsut want to talk, please pm me! I'm on here constantly. :D

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

It is only a novel... or, in short, only some work in which the greatest powers of the mind are displayed, in which the most thorough knowledge of human nature, the happiest delineation of its varieties, the liveliest effusions of wit and humour, are conveyed to the world in the best-chosen language
— Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey