z

Young Writers Society

I guess this is Welcome Back more than Welcome. Hi!

Reviews: 0
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:11 pm
View Likes
VincentOfEngland says...

It's been a long while, YWS. I remember coming here when I was 12, so fascinated by writing and how passionate some teenage writers were. I wrote some of my own works, and I was proud of them. Looking back now, they are very cringe worthy and something I'd never want to share with anybody. I was going through a lot of stuff back then, I had recently lost my Dad and it affected my writing to a degree. I also had the effect of literally all those teenage hormones in my head influencing my writing, which wasn't fun.

But, I guess, I'm back now. I don't know if I'm here to stay. Honestly, I've lost touch with my writing and I feel guilty for it. It was one of the only mediums I could express myself with and I lost it. I let games take over my life for a while, League of Legends, mostly. (I don't recommend it, honestly. It's just frustrating to play in the long run.) In that time I stopped reading and stopped writing stories. I'm just trying to grasp at ideas of how I could 'relearn' writing, I guess.

Most of the stuff I attempt to write, I lose confidence with. I'll get past my intro, thinking about how I can expand it from there and I honestly just struggle to come up with anything. It's like that childlike creativity I had is gone. All I see are flaws in whatever I write, and it's hard to come to terms with the fact that I've lost confidence in something I used to love doing.

There's me though, I guess. Sorry for the depressing welcome post. Also, if any other fellow 2010ers are still here give us a shout, I might recognize you.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:44 pm
Lava says...

Hello! I don't remember you (what was your username then?) but hi, I'm Lava!
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:35 am
Iggy says...

Welcome back! I hope you stick around. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

456 Reviews

Reviews: 456
Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:12 pm
EternalRain says...

Welcome back, hopefully you're here to stay and you'll be able to get in the swing of things with writing and such. :smt024 :smt020 :smt006 :smt023
“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.”

-- Lemony Snicket

Check out Squills!

Need a Review?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...
— Dr. Seuss