z

Young Writers Society

Alright.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:25 am
Velvet0Alchemy says...

I'm not sure why I keep joining forums. All I do is read other people's stuff without commenting and play games.

Hi, I'm Velvet LaFleur, better known as 'that redhead who talks like a book' or 'the anime girl who's always at the library' to both the highschoolers and college kids in the previous town I lived in. I'd like to write, but I always get sick of my ideas and scrap it before I have a clear path carved out. Occasionally, I'll sit and answer questions about a plot, or just run with a scene idea, but then again, I also occasionally fancy myself to be a proper lady. Or some super-awesome steampunk crafter/seamstress.

I'm on another forum for writers, too, but it's a little slow. Mostly, I skulk about, casually reading things and hoping to absorb some awesome into my awesomnemic brain. I'm too ashamed of my own pathetic commentaries unless in the midst of a game of drabbles, or I feel like I did really really really super great. Which isn't often.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:56 am
Iggy says...

Welcome to YWS!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:34 am
Lavvie says...

Hey Velvet!

Welcome to YWS! You seem like a cool person. :D

If you have any questions/comments/concerns, feel free to ask almost anybody. Although, keep an eye out for the people in green - they're moderators and most likely can help you with almost anything.

See you around!

Lav

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:07 pm
Pretzelstick says...

Heya and welcome to YWS. I'm sure that you are going to find a lot of book-lovers and anime-lovers on here. To help that interest and let you chat about it with other members,I suggest joining a club.The club button up top is right next to the forums,and so you click on that and choose which one you want.

What is your favorite genre to read/write?

Hope that you enjoy your time and your stay here. Sit down,buckle up,and enjoy the ride!

/Pretzel/
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:51 pm
Pompadour says...

Welcome to YWS, Velvet! Hope you have a great time here~
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:00 am
Velvet0Alchemy says...

Thanks everyone!

I'm mostly into fantasy stuff. And not that into anime. I'm into Japanese fashions and taught myself the language. I need more practice, especially reading.

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:56 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

Too often we crave the extraordinary in life, without even learning how to cherish the ordinary first. Friend, I promise you this: if you can learn to take joy in the simple mundane things in life, the extraordinary will take care of itself, it'll be on its way, hurrying towards you. But if you skip the first part, it'll ever evade you.
— Arcticus