Young Writers Society

Just a Hello and How I Found this Site

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:51 am
Phanzanu says...

Should I say hi?

Tough question. Ahaha.

I think most of you know these websites: Fanfiction.net and Fictionpress.com, and maybe some people know of the following: SKOW Awards, and Youngwriters101.

I have an abandoned account in FF.net whose user name I forgot. I have an account in FP.com under "Syrith Oruniah" but all works (only one... wah) are on hiatus. I'm a member of Youngwriters101 Y!Group.

Now then, where does that lead to? I don't know myself! :) But, uh, anyway, I've been surfing the net and found Fictionpress.com (I like it better than FF.net) on a site that monitors other sites' popularity. I happened to find this site on the list with the title that goes like this: "People who visit this site also visit:"

So, yeah. Here I am. I'm just here to lurk for a while, and when all my acad-weight get lighter, I might just post something. So, please don't kill me yet.

Hi to all Filipinos there! This is kinda cheesy but, Mabuhay!

17 Reviews

Reviews: 17
Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:25 pm
Lampshade says...

Hey Syrith! Nice to meet you i'm Lampsahde.
About my name...don't ask

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:30 pm
Cassandra says...

Hi, and welcome to YWS! You look like you've already been writing for a while...what genre do you like the most?

If you have any questions whatsoever, feel free to PM me!
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:52 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

So many articulate newbies... I want to cry.

I'm Grif, one of the moderators here. I hope you enjoy the site. If you find any nasty things, just send me a PM and I'll take care of it.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Sep 24, 2006 8:21 pm
Wiggy says...

Hey syrith!! I'm reeeally glad you're here!!! *huggles* I'm Wiggy, resident insane writer of YWS!!! I hope you have a great time here, and I'm sure you will. The members are friendly, the writing is great, and the crits are fantastic! You'll improve, and I'm sure you'll help others improve too! I hope you have a great time!

If you have any questions or just want to talk, feel free to PM me! *huggles again*

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Sep 24, 2006 9:46 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Greetings and Salutations Syrith,

I go by CL or Cal around here, though will answer to most anything. If you have any questions or comments what-so-ever please feel free to PM me. And Wiggy's not the only insane one around here. ;)

Have a cheesemuffin?

Yours,
CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:57 pm
Broken Wings says...

Hiya Syright,

I'm Wings! I'm new here too, but already I've found what a great site this is! I hope you find it as wonderful as I do!

--Wings
"Admitting that you don't like reading is admitting that you don't have an imagination." -- Broken Wings

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:58 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome to our wonderful abode. :O

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 25, 2006 8:55 am
Myth says...

Welcome Syrith!

I'm Myth. If you want any of your work looked over be sure to PM me.

What fanfiction do you write?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:32 pm
Persephonie84 says...

:) ~ Hey Syrith and welcome to the board. I hope you stick around & enjoy your stay. :D

Random avatar

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:21 pm
Phanzanu says...

Alright! It's been a week. :Sigh: Please excuse me for the late replies but I live in a dorm in my high school campus five days a week so I don't have much internet time. Plus, a storm had just wrecked havoc here in the Philippines last Thursday and from then up to just a few minutes ago (12mn Sunday-Monday my time), there's been a blackout. So yeah, I'm late for those replies! :P

Hmm. I don't know if you people do replies... but hey, who cares?

-> Lampshade: Hi! :)

-> Cassandra: Hi! I have been writing for a while (if you consider notebook fic notes and starting-paragraphs "writing") but I never really got myself writing serious pieces. I just got into a Creative Writing class for an elective this year and I hope to learn something new that would enable me to improve my writing skills.

-> Griffinkeeper: "So many articulate newbies... I want to cry." Why why why? There's a large questionmark floating above my head right now. :D

-> Wiggy: :huggles: too! Isn't "huggle" = hug + tackle? Or is it hug + cuddle? I know it's a word used in KOL Chat (Kingdom of Loathing). Hmm. Thanks for the greeting!

-> Caligula's Launderette: Greetings too. Cheesemuffin sounds great! :P But... strawberry muffins are better!

"I may be insane, but I'm not crazy."

-> Broken Wings: Hi! Ooooh, it's a fellow newbie. It's just you and me against the world of insane writers, Wings.

-> MisterWaffles: :bows and nods gratefully: Your name strikes a chord in my heartstrings. An image of a [s]marshmallow-man[/s] waffle-man appears in my mind everytime I do so much as glance at your username! Cute! :cough cough: Sorry... :D

-> Myth: Hiya! Thanks for the hello. I never really took fanfiction seriously so I only have a few :cough-two-cough: fanfictions, and both of them were written before I was even twelve. It makes me cringe everytime I remember them. One's a fanfic of "The Labyrinth" and the other's a fanfic of "Spirited Away". I don't even think that they should be called fanfics when they're less than 500 words each. :( I really prefer original fiction over fanfic, though, but fanfic story ideas do come into my head occasionally.

-> Persephonie84: Hi! Thanks for the welcome. I'll try to stick around (but curse acads! grargh).

---

So, uhm, thanks everyone! If my grammar's somehow bad, I apologize. English isn't my native language.

Random avatar

Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:27 pm
Phanzanu says...

Oops! I forgot.

-> Cassandra: The genre I like the most is... fantasy. Yep. Definitely fantasy. Followed by a "just right" romance and a "typical" general.

Basically, I like to read everything, just as long as the grammar's good and the plot is interesting, let it be historical, sci-fi, or young adult.

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:04 am
View Likes
-KayJuran- says...

"I know it's a word used in KOL Chat (Kingdom of Loathing)."

Hehe, so you're on KOL too... I sort of am... bit irregular, haven't visited the site in a few weeks, maybe even a month or two... but it's interesting to see that others on this site know of it.

Totally sucks about the storm, blackout, and anything else that goes with it. Hope all is well soon.

Feel free to message me for absolutely anything, whether you're lost or just want a chat. Have fun!

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

I'm effortlessly ironic.
— Link Neal