z

Young Writers Society

New to You, Old to Writing

Reviews: 2
Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:04 pm
View Likes
Levity says...

Hello!

My name is Fred Arnold. I am a Navy Veteran. I currently work and go to school full time, and I am pursuing a career in Journalism. I write for The Sandbox News, my school's newspaper. I volunteer and write newsletters for the Student Support Center they have there, and I run their social media.

I enjoy writing short length features that are mainly between 1,000-3,000 words, but I have always wanted to write a novel. I have gotten close a couple times with two projects exceeding 180~ pages, but I could never stick to it! I think it has to do with that writing stigma where everything you put on paper sounds like trash to you! Haha.

I work with HubPages a lot which has a great community, but it is not a website for longer novels and short stories. This is my attempt at finding a good place for that aspect of my writing!

Stay awesome everyone,

Fred Arnold
Staff Writer, The Sandbox News
fga1018@yahoo.com
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

179 Reviews

Reviews: 179
Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:20 am
r4p17 says...

Welcome to the site! I hope you like it here! If you have any questions, just let me know!
One writer with one imagination makes thousands of new worlds and stories." ~ Anonymous author

Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:37 am
View Likes
Levity says...

I will not hesitate! The Website is pretty self explanatory so I'm getting the hang of it pretty quick!
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 am
BluesClues says...

Have you ever heard of National Novel Writing Month? It starts on November 1st, and if you've had trouble seeing novels through to the end in the past, it can be a really good motivator.

Also I like to peer-pressure people into doing it, but that's beside the point.

Anyway, if you want to know more, here is the official NaNoWriMo website.

Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:33 am
Levity says...

Oh that site looks awesome!I'll definitely take a look at it. Thanks for the tip!

Usually I don't do peer pressure, but hey, how bad can it be??

Take care!

-Fred

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:43 pm
View Likes
ThereseCricket says...

Hi! Welcome to YWS! :D
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:11 pm
View Likes
birk says...

Welcome to YWS, Freddy! ;)
"I never saved anything for the swim back."

Do not mistake coincidence for fate. - Mr Eko

they're selling razor blades and mirrors in the street

Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:51 pm
View Likes
Levity says...

Thank you!!! Not many people call me Freddy! Haha.

Your quote... Gattaca. Such a great movie. :)

-Fred

Random avatar

Reviews: 94
Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:02 pm
JumpyDot says...

This is welcomespot, here to mock and destroy your dreams. (I locked the Jumpyspot in the closet! Haha!)
'Hello!'
Hi.
'My name is Fred Arnold.' Whatever.
'I am a Navy Veteran.' I'm a Time-Lord.
'I currently work and go to school full time, and I am pursuing a career in Journalism.'
Tough luck. No-one makes a living in that anymore, become a doctor instead.
'I write for The Sandbox News, my school's newspaper.'
I write fanfic about yo' mama.
'I volunteer and write newsletters for the Student Support Center they have there, and I run their social media.' Look at me! I'm so cool and great and stuff.

'I enjoy writing short length features that are mainly between 1,000-3,000 words, but I have always wanted to write a novel.'
lol, such loser. Much dumb. Jumpyspot's the same way, but he's not old like you. I love destroying your hopes and dreams.
'I have gotten close a couple times with two projects exceeding 180~ pages, but I could never stick to it!' You're like a spaghetti noodle. You look like one to.
'I think it has to do with that writing stigma where everything you put on paper sounds like trash to you! Haha.' ... n00b.

'I work with HubPages a lot which has a great community, but it is not a website for longer novels and short stories.' I work with a shovel and a mallet, maybe a couple of nails.
'This is my attempt at finding a good place for that aspect of my writing!

Stay awesome everyone,'
No.

'Fred Arnold' FAKE!!!! FAKE! SUCH FAKE!
'Staff Writer, The Sandbox News' That's totally fake to.
'fga1018@yahoo.com' Time to spam! Heehee!
Wow, that was mean. Whatever. In all seriousness: Welcome to YWS
Last edited by JumpyDot on Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm
Levity says...

You seem bored. You should try not wasting time and putting all that effort into something productive.

Stay awesome!

-Fred

Jumpyspot wrote:This is welcomespot, here to mock and destroy your dreams. (I locked the Jumpyspot in the closet! Haha!)
'Hello!'
Hi.
'My name is Fred Arnold.' Whatever.
'I am a Navy Veteran.' I'm a Time-Lord.
'I currently work and go to school full time, and I am pursuing a career in Journalism.'
Tough luck. No-one makes a living in that anymore, become a doctor instead.
'I write for The Sandbox News, my school's newspaper.'
I write fanfic about yo' mama.
'I volunteer and write newsletters for the Student Support Center they have there, and I run their social media.' Look at me! I'm so cool and great and stuff.

'I enjoy writing short length features that are mainly between 1,000-3,000 words, but I have always wanted to write a novel.'
lol, such loser. Much dumb. Jumpyspot's the same way, but he's not old like you. I love destroying your hopes and dreams.
'I have gotten close a couple times with two projects exceeding 180~ pages, but I could never stick to it!' You're like a spaghetti noodle. You look like one to.
'I think it has to do with that writing stigma where everything you put on paper sounds like trash to you! Haha.' ... n00b.

'I work with HubPages a lot which has a great community, but it is not a website for longer novels and short stories.' I work with a shovel and a mallet, maybe a couple of nails.
'This is my attempt at finding a good place for that aspect of my writing!

Stay awesome everyone,'
No.

'Fred Arnold' FAKE!!!! FAKE! SUCH FAKE!
'Staff Writer, The Sandbox News' That's totally fake to.
'fga1018@yahoo.com' Time to spam! Heehee!
Wow, that was mean. Whatever. In all seriousness: Welcome to YWS

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 am
Iggy says...

Hello and welcome to YWS, Fred! Please enjoy the site. :)
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
— Steven Wright