z

Young Writers Society

Greetings

Reviews: 2
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:09 pm
Binky says...

Hallo, 'tis I, of course such an assertion is meaningless since none of you know who I am, but, it's still most certainly true, I am me.

I decided to join this forum partially because I saw fit to annoy Sureal, but mostly because I enjoy reading, and whilst writing was always something I'd intended to do, I'm one of those people who puts things off, so I'm a-thinking I should take a step towards actually acting on an intention, and lo, by joining this forum, I have. Hopefully I can contribute at least a wee bit. :wink:
~ I swear I didn't bring it home ~

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:16 pm
Meshugenah says...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, or just bug Sureal. Becuase really, anyone that wants to bug him is welcome in my book ;)

Now.. Go write!
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:24 pm
Snoink says...

I second the "go write" statement. ;)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Reviews: 0
Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:25 pm
Nagem says...

Even though this doesnt mean much coming from the person that hasnt been on here due to debts to brother and so on...welcome to YWS. it is really an awesome website
I'm not a very good writer, but I'm an excellent rewriter. ~James Michener

The difference between the right word and the almost right word is the difference between lightning and a lightning bug. ~Mark Twain

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:16 am
Wiggy says...

Welcome, welcome!!!!! I'm sooo glad you're here!!!! You'll grow in your writing ability by leaps and bounds I'm sure! This site is AWESOME, the members ROCK, and the writing's great! Plus, since you know Sureal already, you're a step ahead!

I'm Wiggy, most insane person in YWS, always hyper, etc., etc. :D I really hope you have a great time, and if you need any help or just want to talk, please PM me! I'm on here 24/7, so yea...:D

See ya round the site!

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:53 am
Myth says...

Greetings Binky!

I'm Myth, like Wiggy, I'm on here most of the time. If you want anything critiqued be sure to PM me. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Sep 14, 2006 4:48 pm
Sureal says...

Who'd have thought you'd stumbled across my current hiding place?

This is kindda funny in a way. After all, we only really began chatting online after you (and only you) read my first ever and terrible (terrible terrible) short story on Druchii.net... back when we were both thirteen (and my spelling and grammar resembled that of an eight year old's). That's almost five years ago now.
I wrote the above just for you.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:17 pm
Binky says...

'Sgood ain't it. Of course the thing is that even if the first stuff you wrote was mince, you can progress from that, I on the other hand, have to start writing since basically I got my Higher English and then just let my "skill" atrophy. I shall definately force you to endure the shoddy makeshift rubbish I produce. It'll be 'fun'. :roll::wink:

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Sep 14, 2006 5:31 pm
Sureal says...

There are lottsa people here who can help you more with you writing that I.

Write summit up and then the members-who-are-better-at-critiquing-than-me will help yah out. So will I, but I won't help you as much as the members-who-are-better-at-critiquing-than-me .

Oh, and I see you've dropped the 'Death and' bit from your username. I actually noticed this earlier, but couldn't be bothered to mention it. For I am lazy and (etc).
I wrote the above just for you.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:56 pm
Areida says...

Binky Binky Binky Binky Binky!

Hee hee hee. Hiiiiiii.

You'll have to forgive me... I'm really hyper for no reason whatsoever (it's a Thursday afternoon thing; I have yet to pinpoint it's origins) and when I'm hyper I have this tendency to love saying newbies' names over and over and over. Dunno why, though.

Anyway! I'm Areida, call me Ari if you wish. If you're a friend of Sureal's then you must be pretty spiffy, so you can PM me if you have any questions or whatnot. Only spiffy people are allowed. Or losers that I take pity on. Hee hee.

Later!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Thu Sep 14, 2006 9:15 pm
Dream Deep says...

Greetings and salutations and so on and so forth...

A weird thought that just occurred to me: you talk a good deal like Poor Imp. ^_~

Anyway! Welcome to the site, Binky, hope you enjoy your stay!

~Dreamy

Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:02 pm
Binky says...

Meshugenah 'n Snoink: Woooh, I wrote something: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/viewtopic.php?t=10186

I kinda like it, but I've never been very objective to be honest, and the reason I joined is so other people can be mean and point out ludicrously glaring mistakes and call me an idiot so I can become better.

Nagem 'n Myth: Cheers, I'm sure I'll enjoy it here.

Wiggy: Yes, you are indeed demented, hopefully soon I can challenge for your crown though.

Sureal: Well, Death is cool and all, but c'mon, Binky? That's an awesome name, no one would believe I was male, it are so effeminite. :wink:

Areida: I used to have a saying, "Only on Tuesdays", perhaps you could take it and adapt it to Thursday? Tuesday is an inherently cooler day than Thursday though to be honest.

Dream Deep: I went and looked at some of Poor Imp's posts, 'tis indeed a fairly similiar style, but I have a whole world of annoying habits ready to unleash on any unsuspecting forum, so I'll become more unique, I swears it.
Last edited by Binky on Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:26 pm
Areida says...

Are not. Thursdays are way better. :P
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:24 pm
deleted6 says...

Hey i'm scottish too heh welcome to YWS.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Tue Sep 19, 2006 1:05 am
-KayJuran- says...

Hiiiii Binky! :D

Please excuse any hyperness.. it's late and I've had too much sugar today..

Anyway. Lol, you've had loads of replies.. I almost wonder if you need another one (!) but I think I'll have to greet you anyway. *hugs* Welcome to our site. Sign my 'save the kittens' petition? Hehe.

Yes.. I told you I'd had too much sugar.. ;) Feel free to PM me about absolutely anything and I should get back to you.

See you 'round!

--Kay
"There you go - sausages à la bread!" - Blue.

It is most unlikely. But - here comes the big "but" - not impossible.
— Roald Dahl