z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:46 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Welcome GuitarHero!

Do you have a nickname you want us to call you or something like that?

Please, make sure to read the rules on the first page.

Ohhh, fantasy, huh? I love fantasy. Can't wait to read some of your work! Are you going to post it on here? PM me if you do. I'd love to review it. :D

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding YWS, want me to review anything or just want to chat!

Welcome again!

~Stormy :D
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:35 am
Marked_Girl says...

Hey everyone~

I'm Marked_Girl, it's nice to meet you all.

..::Marked_Girl::..

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:45 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Marked! Welcome to YWS! :D

Here are a few rules for you:

1.) There is a 2:1 ratio rule here on YWS when it comes to reviewing and submitting your own work. This means you must review two pieces of work before submitting your own.

2.) Please do not use chat-speak or all CAPs in your posts. For example: "u r da g8est, ma boi" or "YOU ARE AWESOME!!! KEEP UP THAT WRITING!!!". You may use term abbreviations such as lol, POV and MC.

3.) Please review your work. If there are sex scenes or vulgar language, such as the F-word, please rate it R and so on.

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:39 am
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Marked! Selene has already explained you the rules, but if you want to know more, don't be afraid to create you thread. PM me if you need anything!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Mon Apr 20, 2009 5:03 pm
Cotton says...

Hi, I'm Lillie and I'm pretty new. My friend Becka advised me to get YWS (she's beckiw) and I'm so glad I acted on her advice - this is pretty awesome! She and several other people advised me to come here and say hi, so hi!
I'm a big reading fan - i have more books than I can count - but I live in a house of non-readers. Crazy!! Also I've been writing for as long as I can remember, and my first proper story was when I was in Year 2 and I wrote a 5-page long story about the time my sister's hamster escaped (hehe). I'm currently writing a 'novel'. It started in a very boring french lesson as a technical exercise when my friend and I started making up the plotline, and I, for some reason, thought it would be fun to see if I could write a story the length of a novel. Over a year later, here I am. I'm still writing the same story, but I started again for the third time the other day. Doh! Sometimes being a perfectionist (not that my work if perfect :P) and a harsh critic of my own work is tiring... Thanks for this awesome site!

Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:54 pm
Marked_Girl says...

Well you don't have to worry about that with me. I have writing issue. I try to write how i should, and TRY and kill as many spelling mistakes as possible.

..::Marked_Girl::..

Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:02 pm
VelvetyCheerio says...

Uh, hello. Not quite sure if this is how you do the whole "reply" system... Found this site through a friend, aaaaand, I guess you can call me Velvet, or whatever. I hope this is right, it's so confusing! XD

I'm used to the ease of fictionpress, this is just so alien for me. :P

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:29 pm
fluteluvr77 says...

Hiya Lillie! We've already met, flute buddy! :P And I'm sure Becki explained all the rules to ya.

Velvet! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! Of course your post is correct. In this website, there's nothing like a wrong post! Unless you violate these rules :

~2:1 ratio - For each piece you write and post make sure you've reviewed at least two others.
~Rate your works - Any works with explicit scenes or uses the f-word must be rated R. If it isn't rated such, then it shows up on the front page! :D
~Always use proper grammar and spelling. That is, limit chatspeak. An occasion 'brb' or 'lol' is fine. But, saying 'b' not be and 'g2g' really gets on people's nerves.
~Don't use all caps. No one wants to read something written LIKE THIS. Ya?

^_^ I think that's it for now. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, or just want to talk.

fluteluvr77<3
Love is the answer to life yet the slowest form of suicide.
Love is a paradox.
And that's why we love it.

Got YWS?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:49 pm
druthie says...

Hey! Guess I new here too...ha ha...oops I didn't know about the chat speak rule. I am just reading the rules know. Awesome site, perfect cure for facebook addicts...gives me a more creative and healthier way to spend my time.
In reality, killing time is only the name for another of the multifarious ways by which Time kills us.
-Osbert Sitwell

I hope I didn't brain my damage... - Homer

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:28 pm
Storm_Bringer says...

Hiya Druthie!

Welcome to YWS. Since you already explained the rules I won't go over them. :P

So, what genres do you read and write???

Welcome to YWS!!!

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions, need a review, etc...

~Storm
"You know when you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
~~~
Need a review?
One Stormy Review Coming Right Up!

Reviews: 4
Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:13 am
packmasterk2 says...

Hi I'm new here, I'm looking forward to meeting a lot of other writers then just the 2 or 3 at my school. (by the way, yes I'm a girl, the pic is just something i made)
You can never be perfect...
You are what you are~

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:45 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Welcome, packmaster. Here are some main rules here on YWS!

*The 2:1 ratio - Make sure you rate two other works before posting your own. People are more willing to review your work, if you've reviewed there's.
*Rate your works - Any works with graphic scenes or use of the f-word must be rated R. If it isn't rated R then it's on the front page.
*Limit chatspeak. Use proper spelling and grammar. POV, lol, brb, are all fine. srsly its soo anoying. <--- I can't even do it anymore.

So, if you have any questions, feel free to PM me!
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

Reviews: 4
Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 am
MioN YasumI says...

Haloo! Good...uh....uhm... :roll: sorry, I don't know what time it is on your side of the world... Oh, I know! :idea: (Can you scratch what I said earlier? I'm embarrassed...! Let me repeat that again!)

*Ahem*... Haloo! Good Highnoon...!*giggles* My name here is Mion! Nice to meet you all! I hope I make even 1 understanding forum-mate here!
(I wish this isn't like the other forum... :smt064 But I have a good feeling here after the introductions!)

You have to destroy to create. That's why in Revelation, the world must be destroyed before a paradise is born.

-Yasumi Mion

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:59 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Mion and welcome to YWS! It's great to see you here, and I love that animation. It's cute. Are you going to use it as an avatar?

Well, before you post stuff, I have to go over the rules. These are standard with just about every first greeting, unless someone's willing to let someone else explain the rules and other stuff.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. It makes sure that people get reviews for everything they post. Besides, the more you can find in someone's work, even if it's just what you enjoyed, it'll be beneficial to your own writing. Just so you know, a review can't be just "OMG! I loved this! Write more!!1!" It has to be about 3 lines to be counted as a review.

2. And next, write properly. This means no using chat/netspeak, also proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization. This is a writer's website, so it's expected of everyone here.

So, those are the rules. Now, why would you be discriminated? Discrimination is something that's just not done here, and I can say that with almost one hundred percent certainty. I don't know everyone on YWS, but everyone here's really friendly. Now, do tell us more about yourself.

Well, if you ever need anything, you can PM me. I hope to see you around sometime, Mion. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:09 pm
corey_hillis says...

Hey! Thanks for the advice! I will make sure to follow all the rules to the best of my abilities. WOOOO!!!

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads.
— Marianne Moore