z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members!

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:57 am
Juniper says...

Welcome Ethan! You made the right choice to follow the white rabbit. Welcome aboard!

Well, basically all you have to do is participate. You'll love it here! We have a 2:1 policy which means that for every one piece of work you post you should have reviewed two of someone else's.

And no! You are definitely not lost! The rabbit has lead you to the most awesome forum for young writers that has every existed. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me, and make sure to read the rules!

June
Welcome aboard!
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:32 am
Ethan- says...

Thanks,
You really made me feel welcomed
*sniff*

:)
Do cats eat bats?
Do cats eat bats...Do bats eat cats?

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:06 am
Demeter says...

Welcome, mnesomeeye and Ethan!

WV, you really live in Indonesia? Wow! What's it like there?

Ethan, your signature is really awesome.
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

Reviews: 0
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:17 pm
DarkWings says...

How should I start??
My name Is:Ariella.
I'm 13 years old.
I love writing poems usually sad ones about death.
anyways just wanted to say HI. :D

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:25 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey Ariella. :)

I like writing poetry too... some are sad I guess, but in a bittersweet kind of way.

welcome aboard!

Ethan:

Love your introduction. Wonderland it certainly is!
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:28 pm
DarkWings says...

I feel so small next to you guys. :oops: Finally I found a site where people care about writing.

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:39 pm
Stori says...

That's right! Welcome aboard to you all.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:59 pm
Master_Yoda says...

Hello everyone,

As I love to meet new people, I am truly pleased to make your acquaintance. I'd like to think of myself as a fairly eccentric personality, and may say some strange things from time to time. Please ignore them.

I enjoy writing; playing chess; reading; listening to classical, rock, and classical rock music; and most of all sleeping. I read mostly fantasy, and science fiction but am open to any genre. I judge a piece by its writing as well as its content. There must be a definite plot, and a twist always adds to the story. I have written both poetry as well as prose across multiple genres, and while most of my prose is fantasy, I find it far more difficult to invent an original world than to invent an original plot in this world. As such, I find that my better prose takes place in our own world.

I am a seventeen year old male from South Africa, and hope to both contribute to, and benefit from this wonderful community.

Reviews: 1
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:20 pm
Wynnyr says...

Hey :)

I'm Wynnyr,

I'm 18, and much more of a Journalistic Writer but I figured i would give this a shot. :) I like the site so far...

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Dec 07, 2008 11:31 pm
Mars says...

yrclever: Hello to you too! Don't worry, there are a lot of eccentrics here. (We are WRITERS, right? XD). The fantasy/sci-fi forums are pretty active (as well as other forums) so I'm sure you'll find some good reviews. You live in South Africa? I've wanted to visit there for awhile, ever since World Studies last year :)

Wynnyr: Hey, welcome to YWS! We have a nonfiction section here, so journalistic writing is very welcome. Glad you like it.
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 am
Master_Yoda says...

Thanks for the warm welcome kissthewitch. Its nice to know that I'm in such good company. As for South Africa, there isn't much to see here -- We're slightly more civilized than the rest of Africa, but not much. If you do one day decide to come visit, I would suggest a visit to Cape Town, as there are wonderful beaches there -- the likes of which are scarce in the world.
#TNT

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
-- Robert Frost

I review your reviews: viewtopic.php?f=188&t=94522

Random avatar

Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:21 pm
tkonchady says...

Hi. tkonchady here.

Pretty cool finally finding people like me who love to write. See you later!!! :D

268 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 268
Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:31 pm
Adnamarine says...

Hey there!

I'm glad you're excited. :) Check out the rules and such, and look at all the splendiforous things we've got here. It's truly amazing. You'll have fun.

So, welcome. :)

-Adna
"Half the time the poem writes me." ~Meshugenah

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:51 am
alltimelow778 says...

Hey,
I'm new I guess. I was on a writing forum type thing a couple years ago but I out grew it. This looks like the perfect place to pursue writing and meet others who love it as well! Can't wait to get started and meet everyone :)

280 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 280
Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:06 am
Nutty says...

Hey! You'll have fun here, I'm sure. Just make sure you check out the rules.
Welcome to YWS! Pull up a beanbag, there are plenty to go around ^^
It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.

But what about second breakfast?
— Peregrin Took