Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:41 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Here on YWS, we have three main rules:

1- Review two works before posting any of your own. This makes sure everybody gets a review, plus, people are very willing to return the favour. ;) It's asked you always keep that 2:1 ratio.

2- Chat-speak isn't well liked on YWS. It's asked that you always use proper spelling, grammar and caps. Some term abbreviations like lol, brb, POV and MC are okay (along with others), just don't overdo it.

3- Rated works are preferred here. If you rate your work, and it's not rated R, it'll show up on the front page of YWS. You might even get more comments. ^_^ Rated R works have the f-word and/or graphic scenes.

The line between poetry and prose can be very blurred at times. It's great that you're branching off into other styles. ^_^ Suicide stuff isn't my thing though. But, I'm sure you put a lot of thought into it. ^_^

If you have any questions, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:51 pm
Meep(: says...

Hey pusu_kala!
Well, here I can formally greet you:
Welcome to our silly but fantastically epic YWS family! :D:D:D
Hope you enjoy your (hopefully long) stay here!

~Have a great day! :D
Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

Reviews: 0
Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:01 pm
Fitharby says...

:D Hello everyone! I'm Catalina, 13 y.o and from Spain.
First of all, I have to thank whoever crated this site. It's so cool! Though I'm new here and still trying to figure out how it works, so far I really like it.
I would also like to say what excellent writers you all are- your stories are AMAZING, I wish I could write like that! You're all going to be really succesful in the future! I'll probably post a story soon, I'm not sure :?:
Anyway, just wanted to let you know what awesome writers you all are! (I'm not anywhere near good, mainly because my first language is spanish xD)

Catalina :D
'Don't write for a living, live for writing'

1272 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:07 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Be sure to read all the rules in my post at the top of the page. ^_^

Aww, thank you! YWS helped me a ton when it comes to my writing. Between critiquing and getting critiques, my writing quality went through the roof.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

~Rosey

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 pm
View Likes
dreaming says...

Greetings Earthlings, I come in peace..I think :p I'm the infamous Stasie, who comes from Russia, lives in Norway and studies in England. Yes I am one of those weird ones, but I have to tell you - life would be so boring if everyone was normal and therefore I love being such a weird and random creature on this planet! I'm new here, as you might have guessed, but I think that this site is very good and I hope to spend a lot of time here.

I have to tell you that I'm not a particularly good writer, and I haven't written for at least two years, but I have always wanted to write more, so I guess it's now or never...let's jump into it (hopefully it won't resemble anything like jumping into a lake in February)!

When it comes to hobbies I don't think I have any, besides watching television, hanging with friends and ocasionnaly reading a book or two. When I do read something I tend to like fantasy and some classic novels like "Pride and Prejudice" and "Jane Eyre".

I am very social and I live on facebook. Oh, and I'll definitely need a mentor, otherwise I will just get tired (short attention span for the win) and quit :( I hope to meet a lot of new people here :)

Dreaming
Save the earth...it's the only planet with chocolate ;)

1272 Reviews

Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:38 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Hope you've read the rules in the post at the top of this page. :)

I am willing to be your mentor should you want one that's not entirely official. :lol: The official mentors are found here. Although, I will say that I don't read horror, pure romance or sci-fi.

If you want to talk, just PM me!

~Rosey

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:32 pm
dreaming says...

Thank you Rosey :) Yes, I have read the rules and I'll be sure to follow them. I also checked out the mentors site, but I wouldn't mind more critics, so if you're not too busy?! ;)
Save the earth...it's the only planet with chocolate ;)

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:13 pm
Mrs_Miller_Punk says...

heyy I'm new here too
I just wanted to say hi and maybe meet some new ppl
could you also check out my first enty please?
thanks xx
"There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate's loot on Treasure Island."

Walt Disney

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:55 am
thatguy says...

well, I just started an account, and being the kind of person I am, I need friends. anyone? :)

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:49 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey thatguy! Nice to meet you and welcome to the whacky world of writing! I'm Vyper, and do you have any nickname you want to be called? Now, I see that you've already reviewed people's works. That's good.

Well, I'll leave it to others to explain the other stuff. You can PM me if you need anything, so don't hesitate. I hope to see you around sometime. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:14 pm
faithintheboys says...

Hi, I'm Faith, I don't really know what to say except I really want to improve my writing and this looks like the place to do it. Nice to meet you all!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:25 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Faith! I'm Kat, nice to meet you.
I will advise you to go to the Rules (click on the button on the top of the page that says "Help and Support" and then click "Rules and Guides"). If you want more responses, I advise you to create a thread.
Well, if you need anything, just PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

Reviews: 1
Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:57 pm
roisin09 says...

Hi people!
I actually joined about a week ago but I was being really stupid and kept putting my email address instead of my user name! I'm not that dumb usually, honest!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to getting started so..
Peace out!
x

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:29 pm
WaterVyper says...

Welcome to the site, Roisin! Is there any other name that you wish to be called? I hope you enjoy your stay here in the wonderful world of YWS, and you're free to PM me if you need anthing at all!

Before you can start writing, though, I have to go through the rules. Don't worry, I'll be quick.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means you have to review at least two works before you can post your own.

2. Use proper grammar and spelling. It helps you to be understood, and using chatspeak is painful to some.

3. Rate your works properly. If they contain the f-word or graphic scenes, then they must be rated R. Rated works will show up on the front page for everyone to see, and you want that, don't you?

So, I guess someone else can explain everything in more detail. I'm kind of rushing right now, but I can't seem to stay off of YWS. Well, I hope to see you around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:30 pm
GuitarHero says...

Hi everyone!
I'm new to this whole thing, but I've been a writer for a while! I'm working on a fantasy novel called 'The Warlock', and I'm here t look for friends and fellow writers!
"I say one thing and you melt like warm nutella'

Forever is composed of nows.
— Emily Dickenson