z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

72 Reviews

Reviews: 72
Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:45 pm
GrapeNerd says...

Hi there everyone, I'm new here, I would highly appreciate it if you viewed or reviewed my first entry.
galaxy forever

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:10 pm
Nightnotes says...

Hello members of YWS!

I'm a total newbie. I just joined today and am still doing my best to get the hang of things. I love to write, and have been looking for a serious webpage for young writers like this one for a long time.

This seems like a lovely, close-knit group of people and I can't wait to dive right in!

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Sat Mar 23, 2013 8:11 pm
crossroads says...

Hello new members! Welcome :3

If you happen to need anything, feel free to let me know!

Aria~
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Reviews: 0
Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:40 am
KarlinKJ says...

Hello everyone! I've been searching for writing sites for at least a year now and finally came upon this one. I'll be posting work soon. So yeah, just thought I'd say hello :)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:55 am
CandidDreamer says...

Hello :)
My name is CandidDreamer. I am 15 years old and I love writing. Im new here, so please be gentle ;) lol. ill be posting my story so keep in touch.
Stay Dreaming! ;)

Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:38 pm
View Likes
symphonic says...

Hm, I seem to have neglected introducing myself -which may or mayn't be a side effect of the fact that I joined this site, then winked right out of existence for a spell. But, as I'm back (for) now , why shouldn't I introduce myself?

So, er, I'm symphonic, as my username suggests. Feel free to call me whatever you wish, but I'd rather not divulge my real name. :p I have a deep-running adoration of cats, and have one of my own. His name is Taggle, and he's a five-or-so year old grey tabby. He's a tad overweight, but I love him to bits.
My hobbies include playing the violin (badly), reading (this is less of a hobby and more of a full-time occupation), writing (badly), watching BBC Sherlock and Doctor Who (obsessively), and petting Taggle. I'm not exactly a "people-person" by any stretch of the imagination, and my attempts at socialization often come out a bit stilted. (I'll probably end up as a crazy cat lady later in life.)

As well, I have a question as to the workings of the reviewing system on this website. And, that is -how does it work? Do I just read random pieces of writing and offer my substandard suggestions?

That's all, I believe. Au revoir!
"The answer is yes -you are being presumptuous."

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:42 pm
Iggy says...

Greetings and welcome, everyone!

Check out The Buddy System and adopt a mentor today! (Or is it vise vera? Hmm..)

It's a cool club where mentors, like me, help out newbies, like you, in every way we can! Whether it's a basic tour of the site, advice on anything, reviewing your work, or just a friend to talk to, we are here for you! Stop by today!

Cheers.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

Reviews: 3
Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm
Gallahad says...

Hello, Gallahad II, descendant of the conqueror of all (Gallahad), here!
This is my first forum-like site, so forgive and correct me if I do anything wrong, please!

I've decided to start writing because recently characters who beg to be put in stories have begun appearing in my head. So I started looking up writing sites and this one seemed interesting, and now I'm here.

Random avatar

Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:47 am
DecPan says...

Hey guys, just registered here, Im pretty good at writing stories, I like to make people laugh, so..... WATERMELONS! 8)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:24 am
Rurouni says...

Hi! I'm pegasusgirl2! I love writing and drawing, fiction is my favorite writing style. I like writing in the present tense.
Cookies!

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:00 pm
View Likes
Iggy says...

Greetings and welcome, Gallahad, DecPan, and pegasusgirl2. :D
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:04 am
View Likes
champ321 says...

Hey, what's up guys!

I'm new to the young writers society and I'm looking forward to see what kind of fresh talent is out there. I recently uploaded the first half of the first chapter of a book that I'm working on called Qualm Meadows. It's a fantasy fiction story revolving a told by three separate families living in a community in Southern United States.

Anyways, just wanted to say hi. Get my face out there. Hope to meet some cool people on this site!

JMR3
Today all of your dreams come true.

JMR3

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:56 am
ANADIR says...

I just joined this seemingly amazing website, because I am looking for help on writing my book, UNLEASHED:AWAKENED. The book is a mostly, modern day story about a teenager who was arrested for a hit and run and sent to jail. He is rescued by a man with magical powers, and learns he is part of an ancient prophecy to save the World (a middle aged version of Earth, but with magic). But, first he has graduate from college. He is the worlds only hope, but can he survive College first?
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

57 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 57
Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:31 am
Animal says...

Hey Welcome ANADIR
Nice Name. If you need help in your project 'UNLEASHED', I am there.

And welcome champ321
deleted

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:25 pm
View Likes
skorlir says...

Honestly quite surprised all you folks are still using this huge welcome mat!

But, since it's not been beaten to death, I'll say hello. I like to write; or love to write; or intermittently shift between the two emotions; but I definitely love to read.

I'm not such a big fan of the real names business going around the internet lately, and I like my handle, so you can call me Skorlir. Anyway, I look forward to becoming involved!

Perhaps one did not want to be loved so much as to be understood.
— George Orwell, 1984