z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:16 am
GlitterGabbi says...

Hi! My name is Gabrielle and I had this other account with the username: Gabbi, I'm 10, I just made another account because I use this email more often. So yea...
[Insert Signature Here]

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 am
crossroads says...

Hey, new people, welcome!

I hope you'll love it here - I know it, actually. If you need anything, feel lost, need advices about writing/reviewing, want to meet new people or just talk to someone, feel free to message me (or some of the other YWS mentors, found in The Buddy System topic)

See you around!
Aria
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

Random avatar

Reviews: 1
Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:16 pm
sponde25 says...

Hey I am new here.
I have been checking out the sites and I have absolutely fallen in love.
I will try my best to post entries and do reviews but it would be difficult amid my board exams going on.

117 Reviews

Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:51 pm
crossroads says...

Hi, welcome!
I'm glad to hear that, I've fallen in love as well :3
What kind of stuff do you write?
As for reviews, you can join one of the teams for the Review Day tomorrow, it's lots of fun and you could earn yourself a star or a couple ^^

Message me if you need anything ^^

Aria
- they/them -

Reviews: 0
Sun Jan 27, 2013 7:57 am
gluaxspeed says...

Hello everyone! I'm new here and would like to gives this site a shot! Hope to see all of you around!

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:40 pm
niteowl says...

Hi gluaxspeed and welcome to YWS! This is an interesting day to come around since today is Review Day! Every so often, a day is scheduled for us to go review as many works as possible (our goal is 650 today). No one is allowed to submit new works during this time (in case you were wondering about that). Although you can't join a team anymore, any review you do will count towards the total. I encourage you to go and read what's out there. This will give you a sense of what people are writing and you'll see a lot of quality reviews. I also encourage you to check out the Critique Tutorials in the Knowledge Base to improve your critiquing skills.

Lastly, since you're a new member, it's tradition for me to give you a gift! Happy reviewing and enjoy the site!
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :x :P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :smt001 :smt002 :smt003 :smt004 :pirate2: :pirate3: (: :smt006 :smt007 :smt008 :smt009 :smt010 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt014 :smt015 :smt016 :smt017 :smt019 :smt020 :smt021 :smt022 :smt023 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032 :smt034 :elephant:
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

27 Reviews

Reviews: 27
Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:06 am
Panda11 says...

thank you...i rilly like mrdr mistres "in case you whanted to know"..thats whay...I'M WRITING ONE!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:34 pm
RylieJane says...

Hello everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(FYI: I created a weblog with this exact same post, but it is of high importance, so I wanted to post is else where as well. I think this is a perfect place to do so. So please continue reading!!!)

I am relatiely new to this site. I would like to introduce myself and clear up some questions and concerns about my identity.

My name is Rylie and I'm almost 23 years old. I am a writer and a poet and a philospher, and a debater, and an overall fun person. I like to sing, dance, read, converse with others, do volunteer work, and I want to make the world a better place. I am accepting when it comes to diversity and I strive to always be respectful and considerate of others. It is never my intention to demean, offend, or make anyone feel bad. I am all about maintaining a positive outlook on life and being the best person I can be.

With that being said, I have faced several blatant and rude accusations that I am not who I claim to be. I don't really understand where this is coming from or how I've given anyone the impression that I am anyone other than the person that I claim to be. I have been nothing but kind, friendly, and sociable, and accepting of everyone that I have met so far on this site. Therefore, when people randomly accuse me of being someone else, it really hurts me. I have done nothing wrong and I have done nothing to make people think I am someone different than the person that I claim to be. So really, there is absolutely no excuse or reason for people of YWS to treat me with anything than the utmost consideration, kindess, and respect. I have been nothing but friendly and cooperative to YWS folks and YWS rules/policies/guidelines. I don't think it's too much to ask for the same kindness and respect in return.

In conclusion, I am new to this site and I was told that it is a great site and that everyone that is a part of the YWS is very kind, friendly, helpful, respectful, and talented. If all these things are, indeed, the case here, then I am honored to be part of such a wonderful group of people and I think I will enjoy my time with you guys very much!!!! :) However, if people are unfriendly, unhelpful, disrespectful, and continue to attack me with false accusations, then I will just leave YWS. I would like to find a place of belonging here at YWS, but if I am disliked, disrespected, and unwanted, then there is really no point of me staying on this site. I was to emphasize that there are some people on YWS who have been very nice and respectful--so I'm not pointing fingers at the entire YWS community. But there have been a number of people who not been very kind or respectful, which is why I feel that this message is well warrented.

So basically, that's my spiel and if you have any comments, thoughts, or questions, please let me know :) If I have not yet met you, please introduce yourself! I'm a people person and I just love meeting new people! :)

Hope you all are doing well!!!! :)

--Rylie

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:38 pm
BilbosToes says...

Hi everyone :D
Yay, I'm new too :') as you may have guessed, so feel free to look at my work (albeit it is fairly non-existent, one submission (?)) and I will have a read of yours! Share and share alike, right?

Reviews: 2
Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:37 am
luxaeterna says...

Hello.
Lux Aeterna.

117 Reviews

Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:50 am
TwistedMuffins says...

Hi Riley, Bilbos, and Aeterna!

Welcome to YWS! I'm TwistedMuffins, but you can call me Twisted, Twisty, Twister, Muff, Muffins, Muffin or Sox xD

If anything, just drop by my wall and drop me a message! I'm sure we all can get along well!

Rylie, I write poems and I dance too! That's one thing we've got in common! :D What type of poems do you write?

Ah, yes. Everyone here is very friendly, and talented! But if someone has been disrespectful to you, you could always just report them :3 You don't have to leave! But if you deem it fit, then very well! I hope, though, that you stay here for a long time, and make a lot of new friends! :D

Bilbos, hi! I'll definitely have a look at it! What are your interests, though? ^^

Aeterna, what genre do you like to read/write? :)

-TwistedMuffins
If I were to have a super power, it would be to time-travel, so that I could turn back time, and erase your very existence.

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:33 pm
View Likes
Jony says...

Hi, I have only been on here for a few days but I have found YWS to be a great, helpful, fun and safe place for writers to post some of there work. The people I have met so far have been SO welcoming to me and I appreciate a lot, its hard for a new writer to put his or her writing in a place were people will post their opinion about whether it be good or bad. I love to read and write. I play the trumpet, piano and guitar. I love to travel and am known to be a very funny person. Right now I have a novel that you might want to go out and review. It's called Yank and it is a comedy about a boy named Jessie who has just moved to Britain to live with his aunt after his father died and his mother abandoned him. I am open to any and all constructive criticism and I love to review other peoples work so if you have something you want me to review, feel free to message me or whatever. :D
“In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die:
Ever drifting down the stream- Lingering in the golden gleam- Life, what is it but a dream?”
― Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking Glass

-Jon7670

Reviews: 1
Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:22 am
stephyethier22 says...

I just wanted to introduce myself. Just call me steph, it makes life easier. Please be patient with me I'm super rusty. I have done any writing in a few years. Message me to talk more. :wink:
Your Angel

117 Reviews

Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:19 pm
crossroads says...

Wow, a lot of new people.. Welcome aboard everyone!

I hope you'll love it here, and if you need anything, feel free to message me :3
- they/them -

Reviews: 0
Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:44 pm
SRMeredith says...

Hello sweet lemon drops !
I'm SRMeredith. If you would please check out some of my work I would greatly apperciate it.
I posted my first personal essay only a few minutes ago. It's called "Wasteland". Please check it out!
Thanks so much!
No one is ugly, society is.
SRMeredith xx

In short, Mrs. Pontellier was beginning to realize her position in the universe as a human being, and to recognize her relations as an individual to the world within and about her.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening