z

Young Writers Society

Welcome New Members! [2]

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:16 am
MyLifeRevolvesAroundMusic says...

Hi! My name's Luciano. I live in Spain and bla bla bla.

I love art, music (NO KIDDING!), sports and science. I like to play video-games and tell jokes. I also write stories, poetry and songs. But I'm bad, which is why I joined.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:32 pm
WaterVyper says...

Welcome to YWS, Luciano! Do you mind if I call you that? Anyway, it's great to see you here! Don't worry if you're bad; I am too. That's what everyone's here for: to help you iprove! But first of all, I gotta give you a quick run-down of the rules.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means you have to review two works before you can put your own work up. It makes sure everyone gets a review. It also helps improve your own writing and the reviewee's.

2. Use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. We're on a writer's site and it is painfl 2 reed ritin tht is lke dis. It makes your posts easier to understand.

3. Rate your works properly! If they contain the f-word or graphic situations, then please rate them R. If your works are rated and they are not R, then they'll show up on the front page for everyone to see.

Well, those are the rules. If you haev any questions, you can PM me. I hope to see you around sometime! Great meeting you, Luciano.
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:45 pm

My comments are in CAPS... muahaha!

WaterVyper wrote:Welcome to YWS, Luciano! Do you mind if I call you that? Anyway, it's great to see you here! Don't worry if you're bad; SHOULDN'T THAT BE A ; INSTEAD? I am too. That's what everyone's here for: to help you iprove! IMPROVE But first of all, I'VE gotta GOT TO give you a quick run-down of the rules.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means you have to review two works before you can put your own work up. It makes sure everyone gets a review. It also helps improve your own writing and the reviewee's.

2. Use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization. We're on a writer's site and it is painfl 2 reed ritin tht is lke dis. I HATE THAT WRITING. I'M GOING TO PUKE It makes your posts easier to understand. OF COURSE

3. Rate your works properly! If they contain the f-word or graphic situations, then please rate them R. If your works are rated and they are not R, then they'll show up on the front page for everyone to see.

Well, those are the rules. If you haev HAVE any questions, you can PM me. I hope to see you around sometime! Great meeting you, Luciano. I AGREE

Random avatar

Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Musical Girl wrote:hello. Im new here, <and this typing with correct spelling is getting on my nerves! i mean, i dont do it on purpose, i just type so fast that thats' what comes out!>
anyways, as I was saying. Im new here, and i was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take me under their wings and talk to me. i love art, music, and just other random things. skating is amazing, as long as i dont fall.
anyways, thanks for listenning.

I also love art, music and skating as long as I don't fall! Hi-five bro!

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:17 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey Luciano! Welcome to YWS!
May I make a suggestion? Save your reviewing for works :wink:
Anyway... Spain! Welcome neighbour! I'm Portuguese ^^
I hope you'll have great joy here. Have fun!

*Kat*

P.S: PM me if you need anything!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:45 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hello Luciano; welcome to YWS!

Ah Spain, I just got back from touring there a few weeks ago. Is it still lovely out? It is absolutely dreadful where I am, but thankfully it's getting nicer. Lucky European people.

Anyway, I see you know our rules here. I also see that you enjoy nit-picking, so why don't you run along over towards our literary section? I'm sure you'll love it there, because we have many works of literature awaiting a review.

Oh, and a few other rules (because you know how we love those ;))! Make sure your review is at least three sentences long or it won't count as a review. Making it a constructive review will also make it beneficial to the writer, so point out those errors, like in the above post, and the writer will love you.

Also, be kind and considerate to other members while here on YWS. That way you'll make lots of friends in no time.

If you have any questions or would like a review, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:59 pm
Terpsichore says...

I am a 17 year old girl living in South Africa, this is my first post on the forum.
I only write when the mood strikes me, and I only show people when I think my latest effort is good enough.
My username is "Terpsichore" who is the Goddess (one of the muses, apparently) of dance. I am a dancer as well, and like to think I express myself in a more artistic way.

I am a bit of a hypocrite - I hate it when other people make massive grammatical/spelling errors, but you'll probably find my posts riddled with them.

So hi all! *waves*
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword. I will maim you with a weapon, but destroy you with a word. -- A.C.G

Random avatar

Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:17 am
tmaestro101 says...

Hi I'm T or Tahirah. I'm new here but I've already submitted two new stories and I'm looking foward to meeting new people and getting feedback for my writing.
Tahirah (aka T)

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:31 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome Terpischore and T!

Just a little reminder to scroll up and read the rules at the top of this page in WaterViper's post. ;)

Terpischore- I'm a dancer too! That's so cool that Terpischore is the name of the dancing muse. Wish I had thought of that for my username! (Even though I'm pretty happy with mine. ^_^)

T- Double reminder- Be sure you post four, three line reviews before you submit anything else. That will make sure you're within the two reviews to one story posted rule.

If you have any questions, PM me!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Apr 03, 2009 2:50 am
Jackie_Perez09 says...

Ummmm, hi peeps. My name is Jackie Perez {big surprise there lol} and I like to watch anime, read, and write. I live in Texas, America, and true to where I live, i have a hick country accent :) . I don't mind it though. My stories are so-so compared to a lot of people out there and I can't spell or cook to save my life. It may seem wierd but when I write stories I give them and their characters theme songs {I listen to everything; rap to classical to country} and it helps me write ^ ^. I'm pretty easy-going if a tad lazy. So yeah, can't wait meet new people and to see what the big wide world thinks of my writing.

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Apr 03, 2009 3:06 am
Jackie_Perez09 says...

Ummmm, hi peeps. My name is Jackie Perez {big surprise there lol} and I like to watch anime, read, and write. I live in Texas, America, and true to where I live, i have a hick country accent :) . I don't mind it though. My stories are so-so compared to a lot of people out there and I can't spell or cook to save my life. It may seem wierd but when I write stories I give them and their characters theme songs {I listen to everything; rap to classical to country} and it helps me write ^ ^. I'm pretty easy-going if a tad lazy. So yeah, can't wait meet new people and to see what the big wide world thinks of my writing.

14 Reviews

Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:30 pm
Terpsichore says...

Rosey Unicorn, what type of dancing do you do?
:) Nice to have all sorts of art forms around here, I think. :)
The pen is indeed mightier than the sword. I will maim you with a weapon, but destroy you with a word. -- A.C.G

14 Reviews

Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:13 pm
Terpsichore says...

Ahhh! Just been pointed out to me that I spelt my username incorrectly. Stupid typo! Quite funny considering I mentioned in my first post I'd make stupid mistakes all the time...
:) Just a correction: It should be "Terpsichore" not "Terpischore". What an idiot... :oops: :oops:

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:16 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome Jackie_Perez!

Just a little reminder to read the rules in WaterViper's post above yours. ;)

Terpischore- I do everything when it comes to dance, xD But right now I'm not talking classes. I can't find a style that fits.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:06 pm
pusu_kala says...

Hi Ive joined recently and I especially enjoy writing poetry but now i've sort of jumped of the line and written a really dramatic and vivid short story- i hope someone would read: the girl, and tell me If it was worth reading =)
Perverted mushrooms rule you

“Christmas won’t be Christmas without any presents!”
— Little Women