z

Young Writers Society

Arkaia Wolff

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 28, 2009 9:07 pm
View Likes
Arkaia says...

Hello to all of the YWS members reading this. My name is Arkaia Wolff. Actually, to be precise, my penname is Arkaia Wolff. My real name doesn't really matter.

As I am not one hundred percent sure what to put here, I guess I'll start with the facts. I am a fifteen year old female living in Hawaii with my mom, dad, and two brother. I am the oldest of three children as my brothers are twelve and nine. I have brown-blonde hair, though I bleach most of it bright blonde. I have blue eyes.

I have two cats, a male named Vegas and a female named Zelda. They both have very definitive personalities, and I would miss them terribly something ever happened to them. I also have my baby, a dachshund-poodle mutt. His name is Moki.

I often write poetry or songs, although I dabble in short stories and such. I usually tell the story from the enemies point of view since I do work best with darker souls.

At the moment I am working on a song that makes very little sense unless you can really concentrate on it, and a book about two demons sent to kill a fallen Angel.

I am a Furry, for those of you who care, and I'm really not ashamed to say it. I am not a furv, but I am a Furry. I don't really have my own anthro just yet as I would like to have so many different animals. Soon, however, I will design Arkaia.

I love to draw, usually animals or anthro's. My style is anime, and I need serious work on hands.

I do have a few problems with my writing. Such as the fact that I adore coma's and tend to overuse them. I definitely need to work on that. I also need to work on being more descriptive with less words. I spend paragraphs talking about one thing... I need to learn to spread it out.

I am a new member to YWS, but I have been writing since I was in first grade. That was when my teacher in Tennessee assigned us an assignment that would decide my fate. We were to write out own short story and illustrate it. I'll never live down that assignment because my teacher decided it was so good she wanted to show it to the Board of Education. I'm never showing that work to anyone else, I can tell you that right now.

That's about all the important stuff right there. I'd love to talk to people, get to know some. I'll be doing reviews as soon as I can find that review layout I worked out for myself. (Just to keep my scatterbrained self doing neat, orderly, understandable reviews.)

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:21 pm
View Likes
peanut19 says...

Hi Arkaia, I'm peanut! Welcome to YWS. I understand why you haven't shown anybody your work in a long time, but YWS will help with you work and the members always give nice, helpful reveiws. I live in Tennessee, but I've never had that happen to me :).
Here are a few rules for YWS:
*NO CAPS or cht spk. Both of these are ways we don't talk on this site, since we are writers. In chat, you can use brb and lol but in your work please do not.
*The 2:1 ratio. This means your are supposed to review twice for every one non review you post, I see you have already been doing that.
*Rate your work accordingly, G,PG,PG-13,R. If you rate something R it won't be shown on the frontpage, it will stay in it's forum.
*Keep language in your literature, and if you use quite a bit of it rate your post R.

These are the few rules we have, stick to these and you will be fine :wink:

PM me if you have any questions.
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:00 am
View Likes
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

That was a very impressive introduction post. I think you'll fit right in. =P I'm glad you're willing to do reviews, people love reviews! It's also a good way to make friends and get reviews for your own work.

I won't write it out again, but peanut19 gave you the basic beginner rules. Just follow those and you'll do fine.

I think you'll like it here. If you have any problems or questions feel free to PM me anytime.

Once again, welcome!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:35 am
View Likes
mizz-iceberg says...

Welcome to YWS Arkaia!

I like you! : D You seem very talkative. I like talkative people. and living in Hawaii sounds fantastic! And Valor is right, you'll fit right in at YWS!

Did you know we're having a radio show on August 2? You should definitely tune in, or maybe even call in, in that way you will be introduced to many members, and they'll be introduced to you! :D Or you can always drop in the chat room.

So, tell us a bit more about yourself. I know you've already told quite a bit, but I am more questions. :D

Regarding Music:
Favourite artists/bands?
Favourite genres?
Favourite songs?

Regarding Food:
Favourite Drink?
Favourite fruits?
If you were to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?

Regarding writing!
Favourite genre to write in? (you did mention you like writing dark stuff, so I'm thinking fantasy.)
Prose or poetry?
Brainstorming technique?
What are you writing at the moment?

And...regarding reading!
Favourite writer?
Favourite genre to read?
Favourite book?
Prose or poetry?

I know that's a lot of questions, but I feel I can only really know a person once I know the answer to these questions. I love it when people ask me such questions. I could babble away all day answering them.

So, anyways, you let me know if you have any questions, concerns, or run into any problems. And of course, you can always PM me for a review!

Have fun, and I'll see you around!
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 am
View Likes
Arkaia says...

Thank you guys! I'm glad I found this place - though it was by default. XD I was looking on google for other things and saw the site.

Regarding Music: I don't really have favorites for most of this. XD
Favourite artists/bands?
Favourite genres?
Favourite songs? Mummers Dance - Lorena McKennitt

Regarding Food:
Favourite Drink? Barq's root beer
Favourite fruits? Strawberries
If you were to eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be? Fruit. To be more specific, strawberries.

Regarding writing!
Favourite genre to write in? Fantasy/horror
Prose or poetry? I dabble in both. :3
Brainstorming technique? I create characters first, then the story follows. To brainstorm, I grab a song that fits the mood of the story and come up with a plot that keeps the mood and pace.
What are you writing at the moment? I am writing... a lot, actually. I have so many ideas right now that it's getting hard to pick just one. XD

And...regarding reading!
Favourite writer? Tamora Peirce or William Shakespeare or Erin Hunter. Not to mention tons of not published writers who do some very amazing works.
Favourite genre to read? Fantasy, Horror, Romance
Favourite book? Ooh, I don't think I can pick. I love reading far too much.
Prose or poetry? Either or. They are both fabulous.

What about you, Mizz?

oh to be a cat in a pile of towels
— ChesTacos