z

Young Writers Society

Hello, and thanks for having me.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:23 am
Alec Laine says...

Hello everyone! My name is Alec Laine.

I'm so happy I found this site, I desperately need critique for the novel I'm working on. This seems like a really nice place to find people willing to read my work. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all, and I'll see you in the Writing section. Keep an eye out for "Shaman" in Action/Adventure Fiction.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:58 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Alec and welcome to YWS! :D

Here are some rules to help start you out:

~Please review at least two pieces of work before submitting your own. This is known as the 2:1 ratio rule and it keeps balance within the Literature forums.

~Do not use CAPs or chat-speak, please. DON'T TALK LIKE THIS and dnt tk lyk dis.

~Please rate your work appropriately. If there is mature content or vulgar language, please rate it R.

Also, if you'd like an Instructor to review your work, please PM one from this thread-

post580878.html#580878

So do tell us more about yourself. What genre is your favorite? Do you like poetry or fiction? What author would you like to meet the most and why? Who or what inspires you to write? What's your favorite book/trilogy/series?

If you have a question, please feel free to PM me.

~Selene
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:50 pm
peanut19 says...

Hi Alec, I'm Peanut. You're going to love YWS. So you said you were working on a novel, that's awesome. If it's over 5,000 words you can post it in the Advanced Critique forum, that way people can read it as a whole instead of in individual chapters. But if you haven't gotten that far, just put them in the Adventure forum. I look forward to reading it.
There is also Chat, where you can meet new people, along with the people who say hey in the welcome forum. It's a good way to make new friends on the site. You can also make your own blog, for other people to read and comment on. Have fun on YWS!
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:47 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

hello I am SimonCowellLuver but everyone calls me SCL or Just Simon. it doesn't matter :lol:
Welcome To the YWS! :smt039

here are a few rules i might point out to you...

:arrow: 1 2:1 ratio which is if you post a writing you must write 2 reviews

:arrow: 2 No Caps for example LIKE THIS It is just plain annoying

:arrow: 3 no chat speak like ttyl or lol

:arrow: 4 rate your work pretty self-explanatory

:arrow: 5 be respectful to others

Most importantly Have Fun! :smt038

The names are in different color I will tell you who they are.

red-Admin
Green-Moderators
Black-Normal
Blue-Greeters
Purple-Instructors

i don't think I am forgetting anything :smt042

if you have any questions feel free to pm me anytime.
Nice to meet you
SimonCowellLuver :smt032
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:13 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS Alec Laine ^^ I'm Shina, one of the instructor-greeters here on the site. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS, so...

Welcome!!!

So, as part of my job, I'll list some of the rules for you:

No chatspeak. Use proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation at all times.

NO CAPS! Or else.

Rate your work accordingly. If it's rated R, then please do so.

When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back.

2:1 Ratio. Review 2 pieces of work before posting anything.

That seems to be about it.

Now, for questioning!

What do you like to write?

What do you like to read?

Who's your favorite author?

What are your hobbies?

What makes you unique?

Welcome again ^^

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:59 pm
Alec Laine says...

SeleneForeverDream wrote:So do tell us more about yourself. What genre is your favorite? Do you like poetry or fiction? What author would you like to meet the most and why? Who or what inspires you to write? What's your favorite book/trilogy/series?

angels-symphony wrote:Now, for questioning!
What do you like to write?
What do you like to read?
Who's your favorite author?
What are your hobbies?
What makes you unique?
Welcome again ^^

I'm sorry for not answering these questions earlier. I was away over the weekend. But here goes.
I've always liked mystery and adventure, with a bit of science fiction mixed in. I love both poetry and fiction, and consider myself to also write both. My favorite author is Isaac Asimov, because of his amazing way of seeing into the future, how our world might look like if robots became intelligent. My favorite book is (as cliche as it may be,) 1984. My hobbies include writing, making music, skateboarding, photography, cinematography and drawing. The thing that makes me unique is my diversity. I always seem to come up with an idea, so I can start being creative any time.

Thank you so much for making me feel welcome, and I look forward to read, review, write and submit here at YWS. See you on the forums!

The true adventurer goes forth aimless and uncalculating to meet and greet unknown fate.
— O. Henry (William Sydney Porter)