z

Young Writers Society

Random Facts Are Great!! Hello!

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:18 am
Silversun says...

Hello, I'm Kate. :) I'm loving this website so much! All the people here are so nice and creative and I've only been on it what, a couple hours?

I'm super tall, that's right a towering six feet and I'm only fifteen. I have really curly blonde hair that sometimes agrees with me and sometimes doesn't. People with curly hair know what I'm saying about that. I have gray/green/blue eyes. It's one great ol' mix up mash up if I do say so myself. Strange fact #1 I have bright yellow around my pupil.

I have a crazy yellow lab puppy that I love. She honestly makes every moment of my day, and I also have a really old sheepdog who has cancer. Who knew dogs got cancer?

I play a lot of sports, so if ya'll interested in basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, swimming, softball, or gymnastics talk to me about it! (I don't do all of those sports currently but I have at one point in my life. I also could not live without music. I listen to it basically any time that I possibly can. I play Xylophone and Marimaba and Bells in the band, but trust me, I'm not a geek.

If you have any hints, questions, exclamations or whatever please post! I'm brand new here so any advice is appreciated. I love meeting ya'll, because I honestly haven't found a grumpy person yet. ;) Don't prove me wrong.
Have you ever smelled sunshine? Have you tasted the color orange? I know how you can... post880303.html#p880303

This is a gift. It comes with a price.
Who is lamb and who is the knife?
-Florence and the Machine

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:53 am
Meep(: says...

Silversun wrote:Hello, I'm Kate. :) I'm loving this website so much! All the people here are so nice and creative and I've only been on it what, a couple hours?

*Squee!* Welcome to our gigantic YWS family, Kate! :D
Yes, this site can get very addicting. Be warned XD (Oops, I think I've warned you too late!)

I'm super tall, that's right a towering six feet and I'm only fifteen. I have really curly blonde hair that sometimes agrees with me and sometimes doesn't. People with curly hair know what I'm saying about that. I have gray/green/blue eyes. It's one great ol' mix up mash up if I do say so myself. Strange fact #1 I have bright yellow around my pupil.

I. Want. Your. Height.
Seriously.
And. Your. Eyes.
Gimme please! XD

I have a crazy yellow lab puppy that I love. She honestly makes every moment of my day, and I also have a really old sheepdog who has cancer. Who knew dogs got cancer?

Aww, I hope your sheepdog'll get better D:
I have a Maltese dog. She's so silly XD

I play a lot of sports, so if ya'll interested in basketball, soccer, tennis, volleyball, swimming, softball, or gymnastics talk to me about it! (I don't do all of those sports currently but I have at one point in my life. I also could not live without music. I listen to it basically any time that I possibly can. I play Xylophone and Marimaba and Bells in the band, but trust me, I'm not a geek.

Dood, we must talk soccer, basketball, netball, volleyball, softball, swimming, badminton and tennis.
Especially the first sport :) Support any soccer teams?
Also, I must listen to music at every possible opportunity XD
Who are your favourite bands/artists and songs?

We will get along just fiiiiine :D
And I'm fifteen too! Just without the awesome height D:
It's kind of tough playing sports like netball and basketball when I'm defending opponents way taller than me XD

Anyhoo! We've got a few rules you should observe for the duration of your stay:
1) Keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to an absolute minimal.
2) Rate your works appropriately. R-rated works contain adult content and strong language.
3) Keep any obscenities confined to your works.
4) We have an important 2:1 ratio rule, that for every piece of work you post, you should review 2 others not done by you. It helps us keep the balance in the forums
5) Need to freshen up, or answer nature's call? Have no fear, the YWS bathroom is here!

If you've got any questions, feel free to PM me! :D
Have a great day!
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:11 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Kate and welcome to YWS! :D

I'm almost six feet tall myself and I just turned 14. ^_^ Join the tall club! :D I'm 5' 11".

On YWS, we have a bunch of things to do besides the Lit forums. There's chat, where you can make new friends and talk with other writers. You can get there by going onto the YWS main page and scrolling down until you find the 'Chat' box. You may also join YWS groups, because there's a ton of fun stuff you can do there! There are many groups, so pick some that interest you and you'll be making friends in no time! :D

Also, if you'd care for a review from one of our Instructors, please contact one from this thread-

post580878.html#580878

Mind if I ask a few questions? I'd love to know you better!

~Who's your favorite author?

~What's your favorite genre?

~Fiction or Poetry?

Have a question? Would you like a review or a friend? PM me and I'll be happy to help! :D

~Selene
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

73 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:16 pm
Silversun says...

Meep:

I think I already am addicted! I stayed up wayyyy to late last night. I seriously fell asleep at my laptop on here :P!

I don't really have any specific soccer teams, sorry!, but whenever the U.S.A. team is playing someone I watch and get really into it!

I listen to a lot of alternative type music really. Jack's Mannequin, the Killers, Muse, and Linkin Park are just a few of my favorite bands. I could really go on for a very long time about my favorite artists, because I can just never choose. Although my current favorite song (it frequently changes) is kind of an old one, The Kill by 30 Seconds to Mars.

And yeah, I'd be that tough girl to guard in basketball because of height! But that's okay, a lot of my frieneds....all of my girl friends, are shorter than me!

And I do have one vital question. How exactly do you rate your works?

SeleneForeverDream:

Yay for the tall club! Do you play any sports?

Also, my favorite authors would have to be Jane Austen, Stephenie Meyer, Rick Riordan, Charlotte Bronte, and more. But those are very high up on my infinite list!

Hmmm...favorite genre eh? I'd have to say that I love fantasy. I think all the different fantasy stories are amazing. Imagination is truly infinite. But I'll also go for a good Realistic Fiction book or Historical Fiction. I went through a Boylen faze.

And definitely Fiction, although I do love poetry too....
Have you ever smelled sunshine? Have you tasted the color orange? I know how you can... post880303.html#p880303

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:09 pm
Meep(: says...

It should be illegal for the two of you to be so tall *envy*

Kate: Linkin Park and Jane Austen!!! <3
To answer your question:
When you post your work, below the title box and description of the post,
There should be a row of circular buttons with ratings next to them:
G, PG, PG-13 and R.
Just click on the appropriate one :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:38 pm
fairygirl says...

you are sooo lucky to be tall! I'm a little shorty, but I cover up by saying 'I'm not short, I'm fun size, silly!' but that doesn't change the fact, though third child in a family of four, am the shortest. I'm-I guess- average for a thirteen year old, but my little sis is like, REALLY tall. Haha, I'm going to catch up one of these days.I'm brand new on this site too and I totally LOVE it. I'm with you on the 'adicted' part: I was on for like four hours last night! ;)

what's your favorite color?

if you could meet anyone in the world, who would it be and why?

what is your favorite place to be?

do you have any siblings?

If you could go anywhere in the world, no expense, where and why?

haha, thanks! ;D

~*~fairygirl~*~
“"Up is down"? Well, that's just maddeningly unhelpful.”
~Jack Sparrow, At Worlds End

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:48 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

I'm very non-athletic sadly. I do enjoy mountain biking, though, but that's about it. It's awesome that you like sports! :D Everyone says I'd be good at basketball, but I'm actually horrible at the basics. Hopefully I'll find a sport I'm good at some day...

Ooo, Jane Austen! I love all her stories, and I have her complete works in my library. I believe there's a Jane Austen group you can join on YWS if you're interested. Also, Stephanie Meyer's Host novel is one of my favorites. She created a very intriguing world with people being taken over by other little alien creatures inside their minds. Have you read that novel or just the Twilight series?
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

73 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:10 pm
Silversun says...

Meep(: :
Don't worry! Everyone is exactly the height they should be :P

Fairygirl:

My favorite color is lightning blue. It fits me so perfectly.

If I could meet anyone it would have to be...umm...okay you'll all think I"m jsut a crazy fan but I'm not. I would love to meet Taylor Lautner. I think he seems like a cool person but I can't tell if he seems full of himself or not so I'd like to find out. :) But if I was going for a more serious person to meet it'd have to be the President so I could give him my opinion of the world.

My favorite place to be is in my own fantasy worlds. During writing I really get into it. But in the real world I love being in South Dakota because that's where my grandmother lives. It's honestly one of the most beautiful places in the world to me.

I have two brothers that are 6'9 and 6'10. It's fun to be around them because I feel normal sized. They're both very sarcastic though, so I am too.

If I could go anywhere I think it'd be New Zealand. For some reason I've just always wanted to go there. I hear it's very beautiful!

How about you? How would ya'll answer these questions?

SeleneForeverDream:

I know, Jane Austen is sooooo legit. :P The Host was a very great book, although it reminded me a bit of Animorphers? I think that's the name. They both have somewhat the same creatures. Almost. But yes, the Host was a great book.

97 Reviews

Reviews: 97
Fri Jul 24, 2009 6:04 pm
SpencerNolanRivers says...

Hello, Kate! My name is Kiara (though, you can call me Kiki), and welcome to YWS. I am also fifteen, but wont for long. My birthday is next week.

You are incedibley lucky with genetics for being six feet tall, you are exactly a foot taller than me. I am five foot zero. And yes, I am fifteen.

Have you reviewed anyone's writings or posted any of your own yet? I'm curious to read some of your stories already.
House: People interest me. Conversations don't.
Foreman: Maybe because conversations go both ways.
House & Foreman: Like Thirteen.

73 Reviews

Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:28 pm
Silversun says...

Hola Kiki!

Yes ma'am I've posted exactly two chapters of a story! and I'm not sure how much I've reviewed exactly! And I do consider myself lucky about genetics :P

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:25 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome SilverSun ^^ I'm one of the instructor-greeters here on YWS. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs here on YWS.

Since everyone just about covered the rules, I'll teach you how to get reviews...

Go to this link to visit the Instructors Speciality Thread. There, you'll find biographies and a list of the instructors here on YWS. You'll be able to find the instructor that would be fitting to do a review for you.

Also, you can visit the Will Review For Food Thread [url]http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum188.html
[/url]

The instructor's request thread are there, so you just post in their according to their guidelines and you should be all site.

Welcome to YWS ^^ (again)

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

The reason a boat sinks isn't the water around it. It sinks when water gets into it. Don't let what's happening around you weigh you down.
— dalisay