z

Young Writers Society

It's awesome I stumbled across you all!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:28 pm
Amadea says...

Hey there!

Just want to introduce myself. I'm Amadea (like Amadeus Mozart) De Groot, junior at the University of Maryland studying social psychology, married and lovin' it!

To be honest I haven't REALLY written anything that I feel comes from ME since I was young and writing without concepts. I quit writing in high school because writing just didn't come smoothly anymore and somehow all my ideas were "silly."

Sometime early this year I realized I wanted to give writing another try. I took a creative writing class and have been trying to get back into it. The hard part is trying to bring the creative me out of who I am now and accepting that writing is not going to be like it was when I was younger.

It's been great reading people writings and the reviews and I'll just see where this takes me!

Amadea

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:39 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Amadea (like Amadeus Mozart <--- awesome!!!) I'm Kat *shakes hand*. Welcome to YWS! *throws confettis*

Don't worry, YWS will be a great joy to you, as it is to all of us! It has increased the quality of many people's work, as my own, since I'm just a youn girl with silly ideas. Anyway, here on YWS we have a few rules you should know about them. Check The Rules. If you follow them, you won't have any trouble around here. If you don't, the Mods (Moderators) will be all over you :P

No, we're all nice here. That's the second major rule. The first one is to have fun!

So, you're married? You're pretty young *smiles*
Let's know more about you!

Ice cream or cookies?
Do you like gelo?
Have you ever heard of 3 Doors Down band?
Rock or pop?
[/random over]

So, it was great to meet you, and feel free to PM me (the second buttonat the end of this post) if you ever need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:21 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello Amadea I am SimonCowellLuver also known as SCL or just Simon. Welcome to the YWS! It is nice to meet your aquaintance. :smt006

Well let me go straight to the rules ok...

1 2:1 ratio all this means is that when you post a story or poem etc. You have to write 2 reviews.

2. no caps for example: LIKE THIS its annoying it like you yelling at people.

3 no chat speak like ttyl

4 Be respectful don't write anything about anyone that you wouldn't like written about you! :smt023

Most importantly Have Fun!!!! :smt109

If you have any questions feel free to pm me anytime ok!

See you around.

SCL :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Amadea! Welcome to YWS!

Good for you for getting back into writing! It's a great outlet from everyday life, as well as something fun to do. The feeling you get when you pour your heart and soul out into words is worth it, in my opinion. And don't worry, I'm sure inspiration will find you.

If you'd like a review from one of our Instructors here on the site, please follow this link-

post580878.html#580878

Also, check out what YWS has to offer! There are groups you can join, blogs you can view and make one for yourself, and Chat you can check out! To find chat, go to the YWS main page and click 'Chat'. You can get to the blogs and Groups section by clicking them on the header.

I have some more questions to add to Kat's!

~Do you like writing on paper or on the computer?

~What's your favorite genre to write in?

~What's your favorite novel/trilogy/series?

~What author would you like to meet and talk with?

If you have a question, would like a review, or want to talk, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:06 pm
caitlin*elizabeth*rose7 says...

Hi, Amadea! (wow, that name is cool :D ) I'm Caitlin, and welcome to YWS!

So, I think I've been beat to the part about The Rules (*snaps fingers in anguish*), so I guess I'll just ramble on with my inquiry :D

Who's your favorite band? What kind of music do you listen to? What do you like to write about? Who's your favorite author? Do you like Chinese food? I love Chinese food! What's your opinion on global warming? What is the best color in the world? Do you write poetry, or fiction? Do you play any instruments? Any super unusual instruments? Do you have a dog? A cat? What is your absolute favorite kind of food? Have you ever murdered a spider? Are you writing a novel, or a short story, or nothing in particular, or something I haven't mentioned yet?
Okay... That was like, the longest inquiry I've ever typed! :D Phew! (you don't have to answer any of those)

PM me if you need anything! :D

*caitlin
Two camels in a tiny car!

"The trouble with Borrowing another mind was, you always felt out of place when you got back to your own body, and Granny was the first person ever to read the mind of a building. Now she was feeling big and gritty and full of passages. 'Are you all right?' Granny nodded, and opened her windows. She extended her east and west wings and tried to concentrate on the tiny cup held in her pillars."
— Terry Pratchett, Discworld: Equal Rites