z

Young Writers Society

This is an emergency!

Reviews: 4
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:26 pm
jimishine says...

I've joined the Young Writers Society!

By the looks of the site, the internet is proving to be a successful vehicle for poetry.
However, I can't help but feel that such an archaic form of expression feels out of place in this digital stronghold! Out of place I say!
[spoiler] Oh books...they will never know our forbidden love[/spoiler]
Hello to you all, and I'm happy to be part of things.
TO REVIEWING!!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:19 pm
Demeter says...

Wow, Jimishine. xD Hi and welcome!

I'm really glad you're eager to review – you'll be getting very far. :P YWS is a great place to both improve your own writing and to help others do the same. I hope you'll find us rewarding, whatever it is you like to do most here.

So, you're a poet, eh? Do you write something else, too? Do you have a favourite poet/author? Lately, I've been really into Japanese tanka poems. I don't know any Japanese myself, but I've been reading the Finnish translations (I'm Finnish), and the translator is really good. Most of the tankas are very beautiful, they're like photographs.

I hope you have a good time here! And just PM me if you have any questions.

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:27 pm
Mars says...

XD

Welcome. :)
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jul 21, 2009 4:47 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Jimi! Welcome to YWS!

Here are a few rules we have:

~Please review at least two pieces of work before posting your own. The 2:1 ratio rule is very important to YWS because it keeps everything in check and balanced. It doesn't really make sense if you post something and expect reviews, when you've reviewed nothing, so it evens out.

~Do not use all CAPs and chat-speak, like dnt tk lyk dis and DO NOT TALK LIKE THIS!

~Rate your work. If there are mature scenes or vulgar language, please rate it R.

If you have a question, feel free to PM me!
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:37 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

xD
Hey!
Welcome to YWS!
Feel free to PM me if you need anything!

- Fraggle

Some books should be tasted, some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly.
— Francis Bacon