z

Young Writers Society

New, But Not Really New

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Fri May 29, 2009 10:07 am
tiffanyann says...

So I joined just a few days ago, hence the term relatively new. Everyone seems so freindly here. And welcoming too. :D I think I would love to be always new or relatively new and never be old. Wouldn't it be cool if that happened? I'm not talking about growing old and aging here. I'm talking about being brand new every single day. Kind of like when one day begins and the day before is erased along with everything that was in it. A clean slate, a fresh start for each and every day. As in like the day before never even happened. Like even the things that go on and on without stopping won't even get old. It's always going to be fresh and exciting. :D Wouln't that be nice? Never having to get old. Always being new. But, then again, it's just a thought.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat May 30, 2009 12:47 am
Chloe(: says...

Haha, that would be kind of fun. But no one would remember you, or anything. That would be cool to write a story about.

Welcome to the awesome website called Young Writers Society. Many people refer to it as YWS, since "Young Writers Society" is not something that we feel like talking each time we refer to this amazing place.

We do have some rules here:
:arrow: The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

:arrow: Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

:arrow: Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them.

:arrow: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

:arrow:Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

Feel free to PM me if you need help or want me to review something you wrote. :lol:
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

101 Reviews

Reviews: 101
Sat May 30, 2009 1:32 am
God says...

'Lo 'Lo how're you?

I'm God, at least thats what my name says, long story.
if the name offends you, feel free to create one of your choosing, everyone else does... well, everyone who is offended by my using the *cough* Lords name.

so, welcome to YWS, feel free to PM me anytime, for whatever, be it questions comments, or you jsut wanna chat.

well, thats it for now,

Peace,
God
Don't take life too seriously, no one gets out alive

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:32 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

As Vivacious, YWS has some pretty easy rules to follow. But as you can see, there are people with colored names, and those tend to get confusing.

:arrow: Distinguished Members, or the 'veterans' of YWS, are Orange. These are people who have been top posters, but maybe don't have as much time to hang out and post on YWS.

:arrow: Admins, or Administrators, are red. They run the website, so respect them :wink:

:arrow: Moderators are dark green, and Junior Moderators are light green. We usually call them Mods or Jr. Mods. According to the Sticky, "Moderators are responsible for maintaining civil discussions, ensuring that vulgar language is appropriately used, warning members when they are out of line, and at all times acting as a representative of YWS."

:arrow: Instructors are purple. It's their job to help as much as they can with writing. If you'd like a good, thorough review, PM them, and I'm sure they'd love to help.

:arrow: And lastly, Greeters, like Vivacious, are turquoise. They help to make new members such as yourself feel welcome, and provide that little bit of assistance they need until they're up and ready to be off on their own. *sniffle sniffle* They grow up so fast! :(

Anyways, PM me if you need anything, weather it be a review, or just a friend to chat with!

x

- fragile_heart(!)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:20 am
Snoink says...

Oh no... I wouldn't like to be a newbie again. XD I was kind of an ass when I joined. That is, I thought I was the greatest writer ever and I just wanted to tear people's writings apart and make them mad at me. Funnily enough, they actually wanted me to critique more. And thus, I got stuck in this particular addiction. :P

But it's good! And we're glad to have you! Just... have fun here. And remember, being a newbie has its perks, but you definitely want to get settled. After all, we won't hurt you once you get settled. :P

Anyway, if you need any help, feel free to bug me! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:23 pm
Hannah says...

Hey, Tiffany! Or, maybe Tiffany Ann? Ann? What can I call you? In any case, I'm Hannah. ^_^ Teehee~

I can relate to the idea in your first post, actually, but I have some super advice that I heard from an old, dead guy named Ralph Waldo Emerson. He says 'Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can.' I think that if we can learn to accept our mistakes, there will be nothing holding us back from feeling like clean slates every day. Teehee~ I have an overdeveloped guilt complex and tend to linger on mistakes longer than I should. <_<;

In any case, remember how instructors are purple? Well, here I am! An instructor! Please feel free to PM me whenever you put up a piece of your work. I will be glad to review and critique it and do what I can to help you. Let me know, also, if there's anything specific you think you need to work on and we can work at it together. ^_^ Just drop me a line, okay?

Welcome to YWS! <3

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:05 am
Meep(: says...

Darn it! Beaten to the punch line again!

Anyhoo... Welcome to YWS! *pops champagne*
I'm Meep(:, a Bluey/Greeter. We're the cyan coloured ones :D

You're from the Philippines! Hey fellow Asian! :D
*is Singaporean* I can understand a teensy bit of Tagalog ^^
I hope you're having a fantastic time in YWS so far, it can get real addictive, so brace yourself XD
Take note that we have 3 admins, should you ever want to approach them for any reason: (They're perfectly harmless and won't bite. But their pitbulls will ;))
We've got Nate - the Creator of YWS, as well as Firestarter and Meshugenah! :D

Do check out our YWS chat! It. Is. Epic. *nods*
Questions? Go ahead and PM me, I'd love to hear from you ;)

~Have a super dee super day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:35 pm
tiffanyann says...

I guess I can just say one big thank you to everyone for the replies or just ignore them but I don't want them to feel snobbed. So here goes.

God:
i'm a christian and though i'm not offended, i really can't call you god cuz you're using someone else's name and it's a diety's name, no less. Of all the other names that could have been used....... tsk, tsk, tsk.... well, i guess there's worse names. but still. since you said i can call you whatever i want to call you, i'll just call you G. i'll pretend i didn't see the other two letters

Vivacious:
vivacious. now that's a good name. ( unlike some people. no, offense G.)
thanks so much for the helpful info and just taking the time to post a reply and being a buddy.

fragile_heart:
thanks so much too. big help. and just for greeting me.

Snoink:
thanks for sharing and for posting a reply.

Hannah:
people call me Tiffany but you can call me Tiffany, Tiff, or Ann or whatever you prefer. t.y. to you too.

Meep:
wow you're also from Asia. most people there can speak chinese, right? if you do speak chinese, then we'll have one more thing in common.

to everyone who has offered to answer any questions i might have:
i actually have a few questions but since everyone has offered to entertain them, maybe i'll ask one question per person. i don't know yet.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:26 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello i am SimonCowellLuver also known as SCL or just Simon I don't care really since my name is so long. :lol:

Well The rules are
1 2:1 ratio is very simple actually when you post a writing you must write 2 reviews.

2 No caps for example: THIS its annoying

3 No chat speak like rofl :smt003

4Have Fun!! Is the most important rule i think.

Also be creative (well its n ot a rule) Just a small tip from me. :smt026

Well that is about it.

See you around.
SimonCowellLuver
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

Edna began to feel like one who awakens gradually out of a dream, a delicious, grotesque, impossible dream, to feel again the realities pressing into her soul.
— Kate Chopin, The Awakening