z

Young Writers Society

My name is Margaret..... and I'm addicted to peanut butter

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:15 am
Unwritten says...

:D Hey whoever chooses to read this (I appreciate that, by the way, because there have to be hundreds of these postings, so if your reading mine that makes me feel a little irrationally special.) I'm new here. My name is Margaret. I am from Chicago. My favorite foods are peanut butter, Chicago pizza, and a really good burger. I binge read mystery novels when I'm not swimming or playing the piano. And my very first concert was to see Hilary Duff. I was 10 and even young me knew the highlught of the concert was when the speakers caught on fire and everyone had to evacuate the theater.

Oh, and I looooove writing. Obviously. I really hope this comunity helps me improve my writing skills and I really look forward to reading new, undiscovered talent. Who knows, maybe I'll read the first works of a future famous author? Maybe I'll be one. :wink:

Well anyway, I hope you guys enjoy what I write, and I sure hope I enjoy what you write as well.

For now, M

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:23 am
Mars says...

Hey Margaret! Welcome to YWS.

Dude, peanut butter and Chicago = total wins. Anyway, there are two rules I should probably alert you to before anything else:

1. No chatspeak. Things like LOL are okay, but don't replace numbers 4 words and use proper capitalization. It doesn't look like you have a problem with this. Yay!
2. The ratio rule. To keep the site running, we ask that every member complete two reviews of other people's works before posting anything of their own [and then keep that ratio]. That way everyone gets comments, and we spread the love.

The rest of the rules are here - check them out. :)

maybe I'll read the first works of a future famous author?

Definitely. Maybe you'll be that author. Speaking of which - what do you write, fiction, poetry, both? Genre? Etc? You should PM me when you need a critique. =]

-Mars
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Tue Jul 21, 2009 6:50 am
Jiggity says...

Haha, peanut butter is pretty great. Burgers pwn.

You've certainly come to the right place for writing, improvement and just co-mingling with all the other struggling, dementedly determined would-be authors here, xD. It's actually really fun. Looking forward to see what you can do, hope you enjoy the site and if you have any issues, feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns with a PM or otherwise.

Cheers
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:12 am
Snoink says...

How coincidental! In the works, my siblings and I are planning a murder mystery radio show... but enough about that!

Welcome to YWS! If you need any help, feel free to bug me. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:09 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hey Unwritten, and welcome to our wonderfully wacky world of YWS! Haha, these Mods are trying to take over my job *eyes* hehe, I'm joking, guys. I'm Selene and it's a pleasure to meet you, Unwritten! :D

So have you noticed that these YWS members above me have all different colored usernames? That's because they are part of our YWS staff and all have important jobs that help run the site!

Blues- Are Greeters, such as myself. We welcome new members and introduce them to the site.

Purples- Are our lovely Instructors! They review people's work and improve their writing.

Light Greens- Are our JMods, Junior Mods, Junior Moderators, or whatever you prefer to call them. They control specific forums.

Greens- Are Mods! They control all forums.

Reds- There are three Admins here- Meshugenah, Firestarter, and Nate. Nate is the creator of YWS, and they all make sure YWS runs as smoothly as possible.

Oranges- Are Distinguished Members or retired Mods.

If you have a question, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

It's like being in love, discovering your best friend.
— Elizabeth Wein, Code Name Verity