z

Young Writers Society

offthechainjoe aka me

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 pm
offthechainjoe says...

Hello everyone (assuming people see this post) My name is offthechainjoe and I'm a new member to the Young Writers Society

A very long time ago my friend made an account on here for me to submit my stories. I don't know if there's a rule about having multiple accounts, so if I've violated any kind of rules, I appologize. I do not plan on using two accounts.

Reasons I've made my new account

1.) My old stories are garbage and I want everything I do to be fresh
2.) I like my new username better

Anyway, I've got the same story I'm sure most people on this site might have. I've wanted to be a writer for years, but things often get in the way: School, family, writers block...

I would really like to improve on my writing skills and hopefully I can get that accomplish through this website.

However, I have one thing on my mind that's bothering me... I want to be an author some day. I want to publish my own novels some day. As far off from now as that may possibly be, can writing stories and uploading them onto the internet on a website like this cause any reproductions that may keep my goals from being realized?

I.E. IS THERE A CHANCE SOMEONE WILL STEAL MY STORY?

Once I get a straight answer for that, I'll see if want to continue being a part of this community.

Second, I would love to become friends with many people on this website who have a similar dream as mine. I love to read and would be more than happy to give people advice/helpful tips for their own stories and work and such.

Well, anyway, that's all I have to say for now. Hope I don't sound like a jerk or anything... Hope everyone has a great day too

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:49 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey offthechainjoe! Welcome (back) to YWS!

To answer your question, which jumped out at me, no. As soon as you submit something to YWS, it is copyrighted. In case you want to check for yourself, you can look here: http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/copyright.php. That has the copyright policy of YWS.

Since you've been here before, I'll assume I won't have to explain the rules. That's good, as we can move on. Prepare yourself for a few questions.

Who's your favorite author?
What do you write?
What are your hobbies?
Which movies do you like?
What are your favorite colors?
Do you have a favorite unconventional anything? (For example, my favorite pen color is purple)

So, great to meet you, offthechainjoe! If there's anything you need, you're free to PM me. I hope to see you around the site soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:21 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey!

Welcome back, I guess. I'd really like to read your stories someday, since I have trouble writing short stories, and they all turn out longer than they should be. :oops:

Yes, YWS is copyrighted, which is a rather good thing too, or else I would have never posted anything on here.

Well, feel free to PM me if you need a critique or something!

See ya around.

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:19 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome (back)!

Also, you can always remove things from YWS should you want to publish. Just hit the "edit" button at the top of the post and get rid of the text. You can also use the Advanced Critiques section and add your work as an attachment. Attachments are not visible to guests. ^^

I think a lot of us have dreams like that. I know I do. There's just something so accomplishing about seeing your stuff in print.

PM me if you have any questions!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

Wist is Ley's mind, confirmed
— WeepingWisteria