z

Young Writers Society

Don't Worry...

Reviews: 0
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:03 am
Huston says...

Well now that I have trapped you into this topic with my clever title....Ha I am kidding, anyways Hello!

I started an account last year but I soon couldn't on any longer and had to stop getting on, well now that its in the middle of the summer and I have nothing to do after football I decided to start writing.

Well I should introduce myself, You can call me Huston, Not the Texas, Houston, or Houston we have A problem. :D

I live in Montana and no I am not a hick or a cowboy to answer your future questions, :lol:. I look forward to getting to know the whole YWS crew and get some encouragement to write some more.

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:38 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello Huston! It's nice to meet you.

I'm still not sure what hick means, but eh, great to see you! Welcome to YWS! And don't worry, I'm sure you'll get plenty of encouragement. I've seen some people requesting for otehrs to PM them to get writing.

Well, before we start of, I gotta explain the rules. You can find them at the link, but here's a quick rundown of the more famous ones.

1. Keep the 2:1 ratio. That means you review at least two other works before you start putting up your own. Additionally, a review has to be at least 250 characters, or some 25 points before you can have it counted as one.

2. Write properly. That means we ask that you please try to use proper spelling, grammar, and capitalization at all times. It makes your posts much easier to understand, and it will avoid any misunderstandings. *checks over last sentence* Well, that sounded a little redundant, don't you think?

3. Rate your works. If you rate your writing, then they'll show up on the front page so everyone can see. If your work has any graphic scenes and/or includes the f-word, we ask that you rate it R. In a related rule, please keep all swearing confined to the literary forums.

Well, those are some of the most referenced ones. For a full set, you can check the link I gave you above.

So, why don't you tell us more about yourself? What do you like to write? What about read? Do you have any favorite movies? What about your other hobbies? What's it like in Montana? Is there anything else you want to say about yourself?

Anyway, it was nice speaking to you, Huston. I hope to see you around sometime. If there's anything you need, you can PM me. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 am
caitlin*elizabeth*rose7 says...

Hey, at least I'm not calling you redneck hobo! (just kidding!)

Welcome to YWS! I am Caitlin, and I will be your guide. (you're actually only the second person I've ever welcomed... I screwed up the last one I did and posted it twice :cry:)

So. The dreaded set of rules...

1. DONT USE ALL CAPS. ITS ANNOYING.
2. Dnt use chtspk ethr. It's prty annying 2. Lolz and omgz every now and then are acceptable.
3. 2:1 ratio; give two reviews before you post something of your own. It keeps thing in balance here.
4. If your post contains foul language, rate it PG-13. If it has explicite content (gory details), rate it R. It's like a movie :D !
5. Be nice when reviewing, and try to give your best opinions and advice.
6. Have fun! :D (ugh, I'm starting to sound like some corny school assembly :()

Le Coloured Names:
^A blue name means a Welcomer. They basically do what I am attempting right now.
A purplishblue name means an Instructor. They instruct, I guess.
A dark green name means a Moderator. They manage the forums.
A light green name means a Junior Mod.
An orangish name means a Distinguished Member.
(Finally!) A red name means a System Administrator. They can do absolutely anything to the site.

So what sort of things do you like to write? Do you do something like poetry, or do you mess around with stories? What do you like to read? (this is quite inquiry-ish) Oooh! Have you ever had some thing interestingly crazy happen to you? (I've had quite a few of those myself)

Well, enjoy YWS! :D PM me if you have any questions, need any help, etc. (or is it ect? I nevvver remember)

*caitlin
Two camels in a tiny car!

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 pm
Huston says...

Well....Where shoiuld I start. I love to read most o f you all probally do to. I read mostly fiction type books as I do not like to read Bio's or stuff of the like. Truth be told I have not really sat down and wrote...yet. I have this whole new novel plot in my head and I am trying to work out what will happen before I do the snowflake method.

In Montana it is hot in the summer, cold in the winter. On my way to town we usually see a couple deer or other wild animals. The mountains are great and if you lived up here your whole life you wouldnt know that you miss them until you go down south. If I could I will post some of my pictures when I went to yellowstone. : :D If you live close to it, its a must go.

Well I love to watch comedys, the stupid kinda comedys as my Mom would say. :P Yes I like Jackass, Will Ferell, and Adam Sandler. You can probally guess why my mom calls them Stupid Funny.

I play football and basketball at my highschool, I have a big group of friends and like to hangout with them.

Well I think thats enough for now, why dont some more of you tell me about you. :lol:
Last edited by Huston on Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:56 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Huston and welcome to our happy, huge YWS family. I'm Selene, and it's nice to meet you, Huston. ^_^

On the YWS, there's a ton of stuff you can check out and do. Here's some of them:

~We have an awesome chat room here. If you go into the YWS main page, if you scroll down a bit there should be a box for the YWS chat. If you click on that, you can enter and talk to other members on the site. It's a quick and easy way to make new friends, too.

~There are blogs you can look at, and even make your own if you click on the big 'Blogs' button in the header. You can give helpful advice to other members, and receive it in your own blog.

~YWS has a bunch of groups you can join based off of what you're interested in. There are random groups to fan groups, and you have the liberty to join whichever ones you like.

More questions!

Do you prefer handwriting to typing your work?

Do you have any pets?

What's your favorite food?

Which form of poetry are you most familiar with?

What are the names of some of your favorite characters, whether they're in a story of yours or another?

If you could meet any author, who would it be and why?

If you need anything, don't be afraid to ask because everyone here is friendly and willing to help. That being said, if you have a question, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

-deleted-
Last edited by SeleneForeverDream on Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:50 pm
Huston says...

I want to handwrite my work but I am woried I would write so much that I could not understand my handwriting. So I write a little and then type it into my computer.

My farvortire food I dare say is Wings, BBQ Wings.

I have one Dog who is about 2 years old and as big as a bear, well not literaly. When we got him from the pound he looked like a normal black lab. But now he is huge and we think hes a lab cross with some other huge dog.

I would meet either Christopher Paloni or Anthony Horowitz as I love their books and would want some writing tips.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:01 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Huston! Welcome to YWS!

I've never been to Yellowstone, and I don't live very close to it either, not even in the same country. But I've heard loads about it. It would be a good idea to post pictures up. you can post them up in your blog, or if you want to critiqued on the photography you can post them up in the Art and Photography forum.

So, how are you liking YWS so far? If you have questions or concerns feel free to PM me. If you want any reviews you can PM me for that as well, or just leave a the link to your story in my will review for food thread.

Good luck with your writing!

See you around!
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:18 pm
View Likes
WaterVyper says...

Wow, you have a dog? I do too. She's a golden, four years old and absolutely adorable. Montana sounds nice. It sounds cool that you get to see wild animals. It's unlikely you'll find any at all in my city, or the area surrounding it. I usually have to get off the entire island to be able to see any animals in the wild.

Well, if you're having some plot troubles, may I recommend the Writers Corner. There, you can post progress on your novel, get help with an outline, and ask for plot critiques. It's a very good forum if you're in need of help.

The snowflake method is very handy, isn't it? I signed up for the newsletter, and it's very helpful.

So, how are you going so far? Any problems? You can PM me for anything you need help with. If you have anything you wrote reviewed, you can PM me for that as well. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:57 pm
Huston says...

Nope no problesm very easy to get along with people on this site and find everything. Thanks for all the Help!

-Huston

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb