z

Young Writers Society

Well, here goes nothing.

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:36 am
Dash_ says...

Hey I'm Dash.
I'm not very good about new starts and talking about myself but I'll give it a go.
I turned 15 two months ago. I live in Australia.
I'm trying to learn Spanish
That's pretty much it.
Oh my friend gave me the link for this site on thedollpalace.com
They have a story section and I was asking for an opinion and she said if you want brilliant opinions go here so I did.
Yeah thats my life story with bits left out.

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:28 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Dash and welcome to YWS! You've come to the right place, because if you want a brilliant opinion on your story there are certainly enough brilliant people to help you. :D

So here's some rules to help you get started!

~ Please review two pieces of work before you submit anything. This is the 2:1 ratio rule when it comes to reviewing and submitting your own work, so please try and keep that up.

~Please don't use chat-speak or CAPs.

~Please review your work. Rate it based on content, so if there's sex, bad language, and so forth rate it R.

Do tell us more about yourself! What do you like to write? Fiction or poetry? Any hobbies? Sports? What are some of your stories about?

If you have a question, or would like me to review your work, feel free to PM me.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:03 am
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Dash!

Your icon made me smile. :) I adore Ron.

Spanish, and Australia! Definitely interesting.

I'm sure there's more to you. Tell us your more about yourself. What's your favourite genre to write in? To read? Music? Favourite writers? And my personal favourite: Favourite foods?

Anyways welcome to YWS! I hope you're liking it so far. Be sure to check out the help and support section and read the guide for new members. You can always PM me if you need any help, have any question or concerns, or just want some reviews.

Selene is right, YWS is the perfect place for finding great reviews. But you've also got to do your part by reviewing other peoples worth as often as you can. Try to keep the ration of reviewing other works, and posting your own works 2:1.

Anyways, I guess we'll be seeing each other around.
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:17 am
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Dash ^^ Welcome to YWS! I'm Shina, one of the instructor-greeters here ;) It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

The dollpalace, huh? I've always wondered how people found out about YWS xD This one is definitely an interesting story.

You want brilliant opinions? Well watch out because YWS will make brilliant look like an understatement *_* seriously :P

When the instructors or mods get to your work, they'll shred it to pieces, but trust me, your work will become much better than the original. Take their suggestions and I can guarantee that you'll become ten times better than you are right now.

Just make sure to follow the rules, be nice, and be professional ;)

Good luck & Have fun!

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:53 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey!!! Welcome to our wacky family!!! I'm Zoe, or more commonly known as Dragon.

Um, so there isn't really anything for me to explain anymore, so I'll just be another welcoming face.

Yes! YWS is the perfect place to find great critiques! Everyone will tear it to pieces, but you'll find that you can get ideas that you've never had before, and your writing will improve a ton. :)

Australia? Lucky. I'd love to go someday.

Hm. Spanish. I take french myself, so I can't really help you there. Interesting, though.

Love your avatar. I love the Harry Potter series.

So, on to the hard questions......
Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!!

See ya around!!!!

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

Reviews: 4
Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:10 am
Saramander says...

lol, love the avatar, by the way ;)

If you're learning Spanish, you should try reading something by Pablo Neruda. He makes the language sound so much more beautiful than the how-to-speak-spanish books (understatement of the year), and they usually have a side-by-side translation. "Twenty Poems of Love and a Song of Despair" is beautiful... <3

Anyway, welcome and all that jazz!
"Il n'y a qu'un seul bonheur dans cette vie, d'aimer et d'être aimé. " - George Sand

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:06 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey Dash! It's nice to meet you.

Learning Spanish, hm? That sounds nice. I only know a few words of Spanish, and it's mostly random things. If you'd like to learn languages, there's a usergroup here, Language Usergroup. Creative name, no? Anyway, it's a group about the discussion of languages, and helping others learn it. I must warn you though, it hasn't been active in a while. However, there are some good guides and tips there, which I think you'll like.

Anyway, it's nice to meet you! Strange that I've been to almost every continent,yet the one closest to where I live (Australia) remains untouched. I'll have to visit there sometime. How are things there in Australia? I've heard that it's very beautiful.

Well, what do you like to write? Are you leaning more towards poetry, or prose? If prose, what genre? What are your other hobbies? How about interests in movies and/or music? Anything about you that you'd like to share?

It's great to meet you, Dash! I hope to see you around sometime. If there's anything you need, you're free to PM me. I hope to see you around soon, Dash! See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

Keep your face always toward the sunshine - and the shadows will fall beyond you.
— Walt Whitman