z

Young Writers Society

New KId Here

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:31 pm
FATES-VILLAN says...

Hi I'm Jay and I'm Writer AS You've Guessed.......................I Really Don't HAve Many Finished Projects I Think That's One Of My Biggest Problems (Me Not Finishing Projects) But I Have Been Trying Very Hard To Finish A Comic Book That I've Started REcently...............THe Only Problem Being I've Never Writen An comic Before So If Anyone Has Any Tips On That They Are Welcome! :lol:

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:16 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Jay!!!! Welcome to YWS!!!!!!

A comic book? Wow. I remember I tried to make one when I was in 2nd grade. Let's just say it didn't go very well.......

I never finish projects either, but at least I try.... :oops:

Okay, so three basic rules.

1) 2:1 ratio. That means for every poem/story that you write, you have to submit two reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long.
2) No caps or chat speak! Proper grammar please!!!!
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that contains swearing, etc.)

Um, yeah. That's about it.

So, tell us about yourself. Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!!!

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Blue got the rules down very well, so I'll jsut give you a link to the rest of the rules. They care found here

Finishing projects can be something really hard to do. It helps if you don't re-read work and just keep on going forward. That's what's kept me on track many times. ^^

As you might have noticed on the site, some people have different usernames. The colour rainbow is:

Blue- Greeters. They go through Welcome and greet most of the new members.

Purple- Instructors (like me!). We go through Literary and post the best critiques. If you want good ones, come to one of us!

Light Green- Junior Moderators. They lock threads, make sure all posts are in the correct forums, and edit posts for content.

Dark Green- Moderators. They deal with the major stuff on the site, like member arguments and just making sure things run smoothly on the surface of the site.

Red- Admins. They take care of the programming of the site and major bugs.

Black- Normal members. All great!

I've been noticing you around fantasy a lot. ^^ Great to see you take an interest in the site! What other genres do you like?

PM me if you need anything.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:47 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello and Welcome, Jay!

I can't really offer you any advice on comic books. But, I'm sure you'll meet other members who can, or if you want you can start your won group for comic books (let me know if you need more details no how to).

Couple of basic rules:
>No chat speaking. Tht meanz ritng lyk dis. This is after all a site for writers so lets try to keep our writing as professional as possible.
>PLEASE DON'T WRITE IN CAPS. IT'S GIVES THE IMPRESSION OF YELLING. IT'S RUDE AND ANNOYING.
> We try to keep a ratio of reviewed works and posting work of your own 2:1. So, do at least so reviews before posting a work of your own. :)

I suggest you check out the help and support section. If you have questions, concerns, or just want a review feel free to PM me.
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:15 pm
View Likes
Hawkie says...

Welcome, Jay. ^^

If you're looking for writer friends, this is definitely the place. ^^

Anyway, welcome to YWS!

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 pm
forever.always says...

Welcome to YWS Jay! :D

I'm pretty new here myself, I only joined a couple of days ago, so I'm still getting used to the site. It may look a bit confusing at first, but take it from me, you'll get used to it. :)

I recommend clicking around, looking at forums, and reading the threads...they are all very helpful.

That's cool that you are making a comic book! Hope that turns out well!

Welcome again! 8)
"I've got too much soul for the world." -Too Fake (Hockey)

Surround yourself with people who are serious about being writers, and who will tell you, ‘Hey—you can do better than this.’ Who will be critical of your work, but also supportive. And who will not be competitive in a negative way.
— Isabel Quintero