z

Young Writers Society

Hi Im Rhys :D

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Sun Jul 12, 2009 5:45 pm
rlw92 says...

Hey people! My name is Rhys, known else where as rhys chaos, known here and over most of the net as rlw92.
I have always been interested in reading books since i was a wee lad, i believe a good story is better than anything else in the world when it is well told and presented in a simple easy to understand way. And the basic reason i would like to become a better writer is simply i would like to become a better writer. lols. Yes that simple. No blind wise man came to me one day in a dream holding a pen saying i am destined to write. I would simply love to be able to sit down with a group of friends or get up in front of a few people and be able tell a damn good story.
Lil bit about me is i am a straight forward person on the net, if I don't like your story I will tell you up front and possibly give you a list why, if i loved it will just tell you I loved it and not tell you why. Love does not need an explanation. In real life though i am rather rough, i enjoy a joke and a drink with the mates and am a single part of a most wacky bunch of characters i call friends.
I am not a sports fan but i am a huge fan of pro wrestling and am actually thinking about becoming one some day, but it is a dream and one of my rather mad ones none the less.
I have already released some pieces on here for yall to read and would love a review or two if you got the time.

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic50223.html

http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic50580.html

Other than that thank you and I hope your all tidy people.

Name edited out; we try not to share full names on the net.-- Juniper

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:13 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Hey Rhys ^^ I'm Shina ;) One of the instructor-greeters of YWS. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

Never do the following:

USE CAPS!

Uze chtspek gurlfraaaaaaan.

Post two pieces of work for every one review.

Insult people and use mean words like a toilet-mouth.
----------

Remember to be professional, to be nice ;) We want good, clean fun ^^ With writing.

I see you like good stories and you're free to give out criticism ^^ Excellent, the instructors on YWS are ones to shred work to pieces, but it's all in the hope that you'll become ten times the writer you are right now. So just be careful when you post something, because if you ask for it, you will get it.

Remember to review two pieces of work before posting to keep the flow of things going here ^^

Also, just be active! The best way to learn the ropes of YWS is to just go out there.

Good Luck & Have Fun

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:54 pm
Linx says...

Hi there, Rhys! Welcome to YWS, the best website on the internet to learn how to write gooder. ;)

Now, here on YWS, you must have noticed that some of the members' names are colored. That's because they have certain jobs. Here are them real quickly:

Red :arrow: The red members are the bosses, or the admins. There is Mesh, Firestarter, and Nate. Nate is the main admin and owner of the site. Be wary and bow infront of him whenever you are graced with his prescence. :wink:

Dark Green :arrow: These dark green people are the moderators. They watch over the site and keep it all good and clean. If you have a problem, like if you want your story locked, just go to one of them. For example, Snoink and Juniper are two mods.

Light Green :arrow: the light green people are the junior moderators. They are not quite moderators yet, but they will be some day. They each have their own part of the site to look over. They are basically moderators, but only a little bit. Clo and Hannah are two JMods.

Purple :arrow: Purple members, like me, are instructors. They are the best reviewers on the site. If you ever need a review, we are the people to go to. :)

Blue :arrow: The blue people are the greeters, the ones who greet the new members to this wonderful site!

And that's the colorful members!

Pro Wrestling? Wow. I don't watch a lot of it, but a lot of my friends do. I'm really not drawn to it, but I know you need to be tough to play. Right?

Anyways, welcome to the site! I hope to see you around!

~Linx
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:09 am
Mira says...

Hiyas, Rhys! It's very nice to meet you! I'm Mira! :)

Welcome to YWS! I'm sure you'll love it here and I'm glad to see that you're already getting active in the forums! :)

Anyway, what's your favorite type of music? Your favorite genre of writing? Favorite author?

PM me if you have any questions and I'll try my best to help ya out. :)

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:19 pm
Demeter says...

Hi, Rhys and welcome to YWS!

Hopefully you'll find your stay here very plesant. Actually, I don't mean to sound like a hotel receptionist, so sorry about that. xD I mean what I say, though.

So! If you're having any problems or questions, don't hesitate to contact me!

See you around,

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

26 Reviews

Reviews: 26
Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:17 pm
rlw92 says...

Thanks for the warm welcome ladies it is well recieved. I do hope to enjoy my stay here and learn everything i can about story telling, any help or advice would be superb.
Pro wrestling, yeh it is tough and i don't really consider myself a tough person and I have always considered it a form of physical story telling rather than just landing eachother on our heads, although i have been told im rock for my size lols.
Favourite music: Any kind really i go through phases but anything with emotion in and feeling i love.
Favourite genre: Has to be horror always considered myself an adventure guy but tell the truth i am and always will be disturbed and quite dark.
Favourite author: Stephen King. Yeh I know he can write BS sometimes but when he writes a masterpiece he writes one.

don't try me bro
— Seirre