z

Young Writers Society

Making my entrance~

Reviews: 0
Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:00 pm
Sheshia says...

Hello everyone! My name is Kami and I have been reading and writing stories every since I could remember. Books have guided me through life so far, giving wonderful adventures and inspiring dreams. I have recently decided to finally write my first novel in hopes of creating a series. I am looking forward to getting to know other aspiring and successful writers and hopefully be able to give and receive advice!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:36 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Heya Sheshia and welcome to our big, happy YWS family!

We have some rules here that are important to follow, otherwise the Mods will hunt you down. ;) And you don't want that.

~Please review at least two pieces of work before posting your own. This is a big rule here, so make sure you keep this up. It's called the 2:1 ratio, but preferably you'll review more. :D We love people who review, because that means more people will review your work, and more people will be reviewed. Everyone's happy that way.

~Please don't use chat speak n tk lyk dis or use caps and TALK LIKE THIS! You may use some abbreviations, like lol and MC.

~Please rate your work! If there is sexual content, excessive cursing, or anything of the like, please rate it R and so on.

So do tell us a bit more about yourself. Do you have any hobbies? Any favorite foods? Do you prefer hand-writing things to typing? What's your favorite dessert?

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me anytime. ^_^
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:04 am
Mira says...

Hiyas, Kami! Welcome to YWS! *holds out a piece of cheesecake*

It looks like Selene told you all the important things about the site, so we'll just focus on you. :)

What's your favorite genre? Who's your favorite genre? What about your favorite animal? Oooh! And I'd love to hear what your favorite type of music is!

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

Reviews: 0
Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:17 am
Sheshia says...

Thank you both for the warm welcome!

To answer both of your questions!:

Hobbies: I love to workout and play sports with friends, definitely swimming and volleyball! If you count guitar hero as a hobby or any video game in fact..

Foods: Definitely chicken pad thai and potstickers, you can't go wrong with either.

Writing: I like to plan my stories in a notebook, drawing connections and creating character plots and themes. Then I type the stories, if find it flows better for me to type because it goes much faster and when I get going fast on something good I can still read what I'm typing compared to my lovely scribbles in the notebook.

Dessert: My favorite dessert would have to be homemade dark chocolate raspberry cake. Its delicious and goes very well with a nice glass of wine!

Genre: My favorite genre is science fiction and fantasy. I can never get tired of a good fantasy story and the imagination other authors can conceive!

Author: It is very hard to choose a favorite author and to be honest I enjoy almost any piece of writing I read and find great things about all. So, I can go from loving Laurell K. Hamilton's sci-fi vampire romances to classical literature.

Animal: I love cats, I definitely am a cat person. If you couldn't tell from the little avatar picture! Adoooorable!

Music: Once again I am very easy when it comes to music. I enjoy almost anything.. except country (I have a few artists I can listen to though). I love listening to classical and soundtrack scores while writing stories, it gets my mind motivated! Other than that I love to listen to Muse, they are my favorite band!

I hope I didn't bore you with my responses! I'd love to hear some interesting details about you both as well!

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:40 am
SeleneForeverDream says...

Oooh, I love your favorite food and dessert! *drools on keyboard* I love any sort of Thai food, and as for desserts... well I like all of them. :D

The novel I'm writing is fantasy... if you want to call it that. Almost like a religious fantasy sort of story. I love reading fantasy, and so do a lot of other people on here. Science-fiction and fantasy get lots of attention in the Lit forums, so no worries about people reviewing your work. ^_^

I'm a cat person, too, and I think your avvie is just the cutest! I love my kittens, they're just so adorable! I have a little kitty at home who's almost two and he's sweet, too.

I like writing romantic fiction, and any type of story you'll see from me, whether it's sci-fi, fantasy, or whatever, it's going to have a touch of romance. Because that's how I roll. :razz:
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 am
Mira says...

Guitar Hero is so much fun! :) I suppose you could call it a hobby if you want it to be. ^-^

And the thought dark chocolate raspberry cake just makes my mouth water! I think I'd have to say anything chocolate just seems declicious! *giggles*

Classical music is just amazing, and, like you said, soo helpful when it comes to writing. And Muse is a wonderful band! I'll listen to pretty much everything... unless it's too rappy or metally. I'm just not really into that...

Cats are adorable and I'm with Selene when she says your avatar is just too cute!

I myself write science fiction and fantasy. I love the genre. :)

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

The first thing I do when I have a good quote is always to put a goat in it. uwu
— Liminality