z

Young Writers Society

Hello. Greetings

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:46 am
LyrasPan says...

Hi, I'm LyrasPan - after my favourite character of course.
I found this site ages ago but went through a phase of not writing but now I'm back and have created my account.
I love to read and write fantasy, but mainly only write short stories. This is because i am very bad at sticking to plans and so keep them short so the plot doesn't run away.
Show me the ropes, talk to me...I'd love to hear from you.

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:51 pm
Mira says...

Hiyas, Lyras! Welcome to the wonderful world of YWS! :)

I'm Mira. :)

Anyway, there are a few rules that I'll just let you know about before anything else. :) Hope you don't mind.

~ 2:1 ratio - This just says that you need to critique two other pieces of work before you can post any work of your own.

~ No chatspeak or caps.

Um... As you may have noticed, there are several different colors for usernames. :)

~Black - These are the normal members. :)
~Purple - Instructors! These lovely people critique work and try to help everyone better themselves.
~Blue - Greeters! These wonderful members greet all the newbies and make their arrival to YWS as fun as possible.
~Green - Moderators! Light greens are juniors and dark greens are the real deal. Moderators make sure everything is okay throughout the site.
~Red - Administration! Admins run the site. Without them, coming to YWS wouldn't be possible.

Anyway, back to you!

You like writing short stories? That's super fun! :)

What's your favourite type of music? Your fave author? If you could meet one person from a book, who would you meet?

If you have any questions or concerns just PM me! :)

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:46 pm
imapoemperson says...

Hiya LyrasPan, I love your user name!

I am guessing that you have read The Golden Compass. Have you read the rest of the series?What book is your favourite? How do you think the book compared to the movie? I am usually on the side of the book, and I thought that they left out quite a lot on the movie. I watched it when I was halfway through the book.

I hope you enjoy YWS!
"We played Pin the Tail on the Reason My Life Feels So Insufficient, and nobody won." -Megan Moriarty

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:17 pm
SeleneForeverDream says...

Hiya Lyra and welcome to YWS! I'm Selene and it's wonderful to meet you. :D

Oh a His Dark Materials fan! :D There's a group here on YWS for people who like the Philip Pullman trilogy. If you just click the 'Groups' button at the top of the page, you'll see lots of groups you can join. The group I'm referring to is the 'His Dark Materials' group. Groups are a lot of fun and you can meet a lot of great people.

Another place you can meet some great people is our YWS chat room. You can go there by going to the YWS home page and there's a little box that you can click on to open up the chat.

Here's some more questions!

~What do you like to eat most?

~What's you favorite animal?

~Do you like any other books besides the His Dark Materials trilogy?

~Poetry or fiction?

~What's your favorite board game?

If you have any question or would like a review, feel free to send me a PM.
Got YWS?

You judge others upon their actions, but you judge yourself by your intention.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:15 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hello I am SimonCowellLuver it might seem weird but i am obsessed. Welcome to YWS.
Well there are a few things that you need to know...
the 2:1 ratio of course.

There are different colors for the names because to tell you who is who. For example red is administrators, blue is greeters, green is for mods and so on.
:D

Hope you have a good time creating.

Remember always be creative!

SCL (SimonCowellLuver) :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

Reviews: 1
Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:51 pm
LyrasPan says...

Hi guys, thank you for all the warm welcomes :D

In answer to some of your questions;

My favourite food is lasagna
Favourite animals are monkeys and dolphins
Any books within the fantasy genre and I will give it ago. Also a big Potter fan!
Prefer fiction but some poetry can be fantastic
Don't have a favourite board game but if i had to pick one it would be monopoly because my family just have the best laughs playing it (even though we only play once or twice a year =D).
I have read the whole 'His Dark Materials' trilogy and Northern Lights/The Golden Compass is still my favourite. The book is so much better than the film its unbelievable!
My favourite type of music is any form of pop, alternative and rock.
Favourite author is Phillip Pullman and i would love to meet Lyra and Pan!

I think that's all the questions, *he-he*. :lol:

LyrasPan

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
— Someone Incredibly Noncommittal