z

Young Writers Society

Hey everybody

Reviews: 2
Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:09 am
Mrob says...

:D Hey my names Michael but I prefer Mike or Mikey, I was so stoked when I came across this link, I've always been a huge fan of Fantasy/YA novels, and just recently took up writing my own stuff.
I'm just glad there's a site for young writers to communicate and to share this common passion we all have. I can't wait to read other peoples stuff.

I'm also deeply interested in the tips/criticism aspect of this site.
Bettering myself as a writer is at the top of my long list of to do's.
Hope to hear from you all soon
MiKe
<SERENITY>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:31 am
Snoink says...

Hey Mikey! You're probably going to be known as Mrob on the site, but hopefully that's a good thing? Anyway, just want to say welcome. Fantasy stories have always been my thing as well, but usually, I get bored with the repetition of topics, so I like making my own stuff up... which sometimes isn't a good idea as the ideas can be rather rotten at times. But hey! Life is for living and learning, no? :D

If you ever need any help, just bug me. :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

267 Reviews

Reviews: 267
Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:15 am
View Likes
Boni_Bee says...

Hi Mike! yeah it's a great site hey! I was really happy when I found it five years ago! :) Welcome! I hope you really enjoy being a part of this community!

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm
Mira says...

Hiyas, Mikey! I'm Mira! *hands a cookie*

Fantasy and young adult novels? Those are some of my faves too. :)

Anyway, I think I'll just tell you a few rules real quick. :)

~ 2:1 ratio - This just says that you need to critiqe two works before you post something of your own. :)
~ No chatspeak. Pls do not tlk lyk dis. However, I don't think I see any problems with that. ^-^

Um... I suppose I'll teach you about the different members, too, and then I'll stop being boring. :)

Black - These are the normal people. :)
Blue - Greeters! They welcome everyone to YWS.
Purple - Instructors! These people critique people's work and try to help the world of grammar become a better place. :D
Green - These are moderators. Light greens are junior moderators and dark greens are the real deal.
Red - Administration! They run the site and make YWS just plain awesome.

So, you just recently started writing? It's pretty awesome, isn't it? :D What do you work on most? Novels, I'm guessing because of your comment, but have you worked on any poems?

Smiles!
~ Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:35 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Mike, welcome to YWS! :D

Mira gave you the really important rules, but make sure you read them in full if you haven't already. :) Also, if you haven't already, I would check out the Groups. There are about a million so you're bound to find some that you like. :) I would recommend joining some of them. It's a great way to make friends, cause you're talking with people that have really similar interests as you. There are several groups for improving specific areas of writing, like Character Development and Plot. There are more than that, but I don't remember what they all are. :) That's for you to find :D

So now for some hard questions if you're ready...
Who's your favorite author? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of berry? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? What kind of music do you listen to? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:26 am
Mrob says...

Mira wrote:Hiyas, Mikey! I'm Mira! *hands a cookie*

Fantasy and young adult novels? Those are some of my faves too. :)

Anyway, I think I'll just tell you a few rules real quick. :)

~ 2:1 ratio - This just says that you need to critiqe two works before you post something of your own. :)
~ No chatspeak. Pls do not tlk lyk dis. However, I don't think I see any problems with that. ^-^

Um... I suppose I'll teach you about the different members, too, and then I'll stop being boring. :)

Black - These are the normal people. :)
Blue - Greeters! They welcome everyone to YWS.
Purple - Instructors! These people critique people's work and try to help the world of grammar become a better place. :D
Green - These are moderators. Light greens are junior moderators and dark greens are the real deal.
Red - Administration! They run the site and make YWS just plain awesome.

So, you just recently started writing? It's pretty awesome, isn't it? :D What do you work on most? Novels, I'm guessing because of your comment, but have you worked on any poems?

Smiles!
~ Mira

Hey Mira, I appreciate the tips, will definitely take them into consideration.

As far as writing is concerned I just recently started my own Fantasy/YA novel.
Poetry, not so much. I've written a few poems over the years but they weren't anything special, I guess I'm just no cut out for that kind of writing.
<SERENITY>

Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:38 am
Mrob says...

tnme22 wrote:Hey Mike, welcome to YWS! :D

Mira gave you the really important rules, but make sure you read them in full if you haven't already. :) Also, if you haven't already, I would check out the Groups. There are about a million so you're bound to find some that you like. :) I would recommend joining some of them. It's a great way to make friends, cause you're talking with people that have really similar interests as you. There are several groups for improving specific areas of writing, like Character Development and Plot. There are more than that, but I don't remember what they all are. :) That's for you to find :D

So now for some hard questions if you're ready...
Who's your favorite author? What's your baked good of choice? What's your favorite kind of berry? If you were a shoe, what kind of shoe would you be and why? What kind of music do you listen to? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

-Carly

Hey Carly, I'll definitely look up a few of those groups, I want as much help as I can get.

Here are the answeres to your questions, I have to say I enjoyed answering them.

Author: It's a tie between JK Rowling & Whitley Strieber.
Baked Good: Chocolate Chip Cookies
Berry: Strawberry
Shoe: If I were a shoe I'd definitely be one made by Vanz, because not only will I look nice but I'll be able to handle just about anything thrown my way.
Music: Honestly, it depends on the mood I'm in. I'll listen to just about anything as long as there isn't any explicit language or excessive screaming.
Marine Animal: If I were a marine biologist I'd, without a doubt, study Giant Squids. The fact that scientists have never found one alive in it's natural habitat is fascinating. I guess the mystery behind their existence is why I find them so appealing. I love the idea of the Unknown.
<SERENITY>

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:48 am
alohajuice says...

Giant squids scare me. But the unknown can be amazing. Welcome!!!!

Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
— Dr. Seuss