z

Young Writers Society

Hey everyone!

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:19 pm
burgs2009 says...

Hi everybody,

My name is Nick, i just joined today with the hope of getting some of my work out there and to get some of my already published work (1 novel and 1 small book of poems) a bit more noticed. I'm 25 and have been writing for about 9 years. Unfortunately i have quite a short attention span so my output is very low! I have a large number of uncompleted novels, some of which i hope to complete within the next few months. My published works are:

1) Supernatural horror - The Demon of Clarington House: Jason Bardsley lives with his fiancé, Leah, in a two bedroom flat. One evening Leah is attacked and beaten into a coma by her ex boyfriend Mark. After confronting Mark, Jason is sent to Clarington House, a mental hospital in Bristol, in order to help control the rage he has developed towards Mark. Whilst at Clarington House Jason begins to write a book, a supernatural horror about an ancient demon stalking the streets of Bristol for innocent girls and harvesting their souls. When Jason begins to experience strange dreams and visions, one of which is a girl he believes to be the protagonist from his book, he realises that his book is beginning to merge with reality and that the demon is trying escape from the confines of the written text. Enlisting help from a group of friends, Jason sets about to defeat the demon and save the world from the peril it faces should the demon escape.

2) Venting - A small collection of poems from the author of The Demon of Clarington House. From heartfelt tributes "A Poem for the Legends" inspired by the death of legendary actor Heath Ledger on the 22nd January 2008; to angst filled ventings of personal feelings in "Inside Me".

Both works are available at Lulu.com

I hope to have a short story, Country Girl, uploaded by the weekend.

Anyway, that's me.

Any questions!? :D

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:01 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS.

And le me just say I am very impressed you have published works. >.< And probably a bit jealous. I'm not even sure where you start to get something published. =P (Though finishing something would be a good start, methinks >_>)

I'm sure you've read the rules, but I'll bug you anyways;
1) Review 2 works for every one piece you submit for review. If you're hoping to attract reviews and attention, I highly recommend you review even more than that. People love people who give them reviews. ^_^
2) No chat speak, but I'm sure that won't be a problem.
3) If you rate your work, it appears on the front page. So I recommend you do that if you want more people to see your stuff.

Again, congrats on being a published author! That's very cool. XD

PM me anytime with questions.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:17 am
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

That's so cool that you have published work! Well, Sleeping Valor already gave the rules, so I'll give you the guide to the colors. You may have noticed some people have colored user names, here's what they mean:

Light blue: Greeters, they greet new members and answer all their questions.

Purple: Instructors, they give the best, most in-depth reviews. So, feel free to ask them for one.

Light green: Junior Moderators, the have moderating power on some forums.

Dark green: Moderators, they have moderating power in all forums.

Red: Site administrators, they make sure the site is running smoothly.

Orange: Distinguished members, retired mods.

So, welcome to YWS, and I'm really looking forward to reading some of your work. :)
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

23 Reviews

Reviews: 23
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:45 pm
burgs2009 says...

Thanks for the welcome guys!
I wouldn't be too impressed with the published work, after all they're only self published! :D
I'll definately bare in mind reviewing as much as possible, especially if it means more allies!

Thanks again guys. Any questions, i'll give you a buzz.

119 Reviews

Reviews: 119
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 pm
SimonCowellLuver says...

Hey Whats up? Nice to meet you I am SimonCowellLuver but most people call me SCL. So you are really lucky to have publish work like others said.

I wished i could get some publish...wait...I do have some published. I forgot I do have some writing published into a book. It is awesome to feel that you got something you wrote published into anyone can see it.

Congratulations. Welcome by the way.

If you ever need me PM me anytime.

See you around.

SCL :)
3 facts: 1.You can't lick your elbow
2. you just tried it
3. I caught you cause i saw you

The quote generator! That's a genius idea.
— Necromancer14