z

Young Writers Society

Oh darn... Is it yet another new member?!?!

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:43 pm
Ayraify says...

Hey all; this is Ayraify. :D I'm new to these forums; and I hope to make lots of virtrual friends here. 8)
About me? I'm not sure if I'm an eccellent writer or not; though my friends tell me I'm a really good writer :oops:
I hope to see you around sometime soon!

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:43 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey Ayraify!!!! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!!!!!!

Everyone here's really nice, and I'm sure you'll make a ton of new friends soon! Including me, if you'll allow me. :D

Well, everyone has their own opinion about writing. For example, I don't really care for mine, but all of my friends, teachers, and relatives love them. I'm not sure if they're just being nice or not, but I guess I'll never know....

Okay, so there are three basic rules. You better follow them, or else the mods will eat you!!! Just kidding. As I said, everyone's really nice, except for in their reviews.

1) 2:1 ratio. That means for every story/poem that you post, you have to submit three reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long.
2) NO CAPS OR CHAT SPEAK. See, I just broke the rules just now. So don't follow my example, okay?
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that contains swearing, etc.)

So, on to the hard questions.......
Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? If you could be anything in the universe, what would you be? Favorite animals? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM if you need anything!!!!

See you around!!!

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:48 am
Emerson says...

Hello and welcome to the site! If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I'm not much of a frequent member but I'm hoping to come back more often now. ;-)

What genre do you write? Poetry? Short stories? Also, this site isn't about start as a good writer - it's about becoming a good writer. And the truth is, everyone here is becoming a good writer. There is no "perfect"!

Hope you enjoy the site.
β€œIt's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:55 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome!

It's good that your friends tell you you're a good writer. I personally don't have a lot of confidence in my writing and hearing positive feedback really helps me overcome that. Which is why this site is a good place to share your work. :)

Just a few quick rules you'll want to know before you get started:
1) For every piece you submit, review two for other people. Everyone gets reviews that way and people appreciate it if you do (sometimes they'll even review something of yours).
2) No chat speak.
3) If you rate your work, it will appear on the front page. Hint, hint.

That's about it, I think. Feel free to PM me anytime. Enjoy the site! (It's very cool, really)

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

Reviews: 0
Thu Jul 09, 2009 11:14 am
Ayraify says...

Thanks for all of the warm welcomes; everyone! :D

The first draft is a trip to the amusement park. The next drafts are returning there as a safety inspector.
— SunsetTree