z

Young Writers Society

Just as awkward as the rest of 'em.

Reviews: 4
Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 pm
kmb_7803 says...

Hi, I'm Kate.
I'm new, obviously.
I typically write short stories, of many topics and genres.
I would love to meet you! Really, yes, you!
Show me the ropes, talk to me, whatever...I'd love to hear from you.
Kate

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome Kate.

^_^ Short stories, huh? That's cool. I personally have a lot of trouble with them myself. I'm not very good at skimming on descriptions or making plots that can fit into a few pages. It doesn't help that our English teacher made us read 'The dead' this year and it was both long and exceedingly boring. o.O I did like 'The most dangerous game', though. (But that's not something we read in class :( )

So, the ropes are these:
1) For every piece you submit, you need to (it's a rule) review 2 for other people. It's a good way to make friends and attract reviews for your work, so if you have the patience for it I recommend you do it as much as you can.
2) No chat speak, it drives people nuts. Writing in all caps is also not a good idea.
3) Rate your work. if you do it will show up on the front page. :wink:

I hope that's helpful. Be sure to read the full rules as well. If you need help, PM me anytime.

Good luck!

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:52 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey Kate!!! Welcome to the wacky world of YWS!!!!!

Short stories, huh? I try to write short stories, but they always end up being longer than the should... :oops:

Okay, so three basic rules. Follow them, or the mods will eat you alive!!!! Just kidding. Everyone's really nice here, except when it comes to reviews.

1) 2:1 ratio. That means for every poem/story that you post, you have to submit two reviews. Reviews are generally three lines long.
2) NO CAPS OR CHAT SPEAK. Please. They just succeed in giving people headaches.
3) Rate your work! (ex: R would be a piece that contains swearing, etc.)

Um, that's about it. I'll let the greeters (blue) explain the rest.

So, tell us about yourself. We're very nosy, as you'll soon find out.
Favorite color? Flavor of ice cream? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything!!!

See ya around!

zOe :smt043
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

You have to write the book that wants to be written. And if the book will be too difficult for grown-ups, then you write it for children.
— Madeleine L'Engle, Author