z

Young Writers Society

Good Morning Starshine

Reviews: 3
Sun Jul 05, 2009 5:56 pm
Vonika says...

Hallo!

I'm a 20 year old artist. I've been a writer since I was about 7, and I prefer to write historical and romantic works. People are so fascinating to study and write about.

I'm also a theatrical props artisan, which means I make really cool things. :wink: I can post pictures later of what exactly I do if anyone's interested.

I'm also a photographer. :)

I did come here a couple of years ago but I made a new account, so I see how things work around here. Still, feel free to help me around if you feel like it!

Vonika
Last edited by Vonika on Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:41 pm
Roo 2 says...

Hello Vonika!

I'm Roo. :) Wow, that sounds so cool! I also love art and literature, I come from a family of artists (storyboard artist-oil painter-cartoonist dad, fiber artist mom, electric guitar genius-comic book drawing brother...) so I'm constantly around it.

Are you working a novel or thinking of one, or do you prefer short stories?

You'll be getting a visit from a Greeter (blue title) or an Instructor (purple title) very soon, and I'll let them do their jobs and explain the rules and how things work on YWS, but I just wanted to welcome you to the site and offer a hand if you ever need one. I'd love to critique your work anytime you post it, so PM me and I'll rush over. :)

Actually, PM me whenever you're lost on the site or just need a friend, because I'm always available to listen/chat. I can't wait to hear more from you, see you around the forums, huh? :D

<3,
-Roo
If all the world is but a dream---fantastic posing greed---then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

---
Roo loves yoo. <3

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:19 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Vonika! I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user-name if you'd like. But if you've come up with another name, such as a nickname for one of the two, feel free to call me that. ;)

You're an artist? Cool. Whenever I try to make art, it goes great for the first half of the project, then I try something ambitious and it turns into chaos. Then I usually spend the second half of the project trying to fix it, but it usually turns out to be, well horrible.

Anyhoo, we do have some rules here...
------->The 2:1 ratio! You have to post two reviews before you post something of your own. People are more likely to review your work if you review their's.

--> Keep curse words where they belong, in Literature. And if you do put them in your writing, rate it R.

---->Prty Plz dnt tlk lik dis. Is vry anoyin. Ocassional brbs, or lols are okay, but don’t overuse them. We are a writing society, you shouldn't be too lazy to type a little word. That also counts punctuating and capitalizing when needed.

----->: NO CAPS! WE HATE CAPS!!! WE HATE THEM!!! Even if you HATE something so badly, please do not use caps.

---> Try not to use many smilies. I know, it’s tempting with all the cool ones out there, but please limit them.

So, feel free to PM me if you need help or would like me to critique something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:13 pm
bludragon525 says...

Hey Vonika! Welcome to YWS!!!!

You're a photographer? I am too! Well, not really, but I still love taking pictures.

Have you noticed our little rainbow yet? Vivacious is blue, because she's a greeter. Here are some other colors.

Green : Mods (Junior are light green, senior are darker)
Blue : Greeters!
Purple : Instructors (They're the ones you want to go to if you need something reviewed)
Red : Administrators

Have you written any novels yet? My novel's nonexistent at the moment, but I do hope it will be finished before I'm 25!

So, favorite authors? Favorite ice cream flavor? Hobbies besides art and writing?

Feel free to PM me if you need anything (or if you just want someone to talk to)!

See you around!

zOe
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:18 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

I'm fragile_heart(!), but everyone just calls me Frag or Fraggle. I too am very much into art and literature! A lot of my aunts and uncles are artists of different viraties, so I can understand where you come from.

I'd love to see some of the stuff you do! I spend most of my time in Art and Photography, actually. :) When I'm not there, I'm here, greeting new members!

Have you checked out our Will Review for Food section? It's a sub-forum in the Longue, and you can get people to critique your work, or start your own thread and wait for them to pile it!

I'm sure you'll love it here at YWS. We're all one big, happy, quirky family.

With love!

- Fraggle

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:07 pm
Kamas says...

Hai there Vonika!

I'm Kamas (and this * :smt026 * my smilie)

I felt the need to lighten up this greeting thread.
I thought you'd enjoy it a little more instead on a rule and information dump.

Well then.

I think I'll explore the site a little with you here.

Let's start at your profile You could go to the chat (where I hang out lots) or to your blog (which is harder to keep running then you would think) :smt003

Well in a blog I love to post surveys (which i love to do) or about your day etc. Tell us about yourself
What's your favourite ice ceam flavour? Or animal? or do the famous survey of 111 questions (it's fun)
:smt044

in the chat there are the regulars (like me :smt005 ) and the people who need to visit the chat more to get the hang of it. The chat taught me how to type faster :smt024
just jump right in, its quite fun.

Then there's the Literature Forums. *sighs*
You like historical and romantic fiction as well as art! I love Art, but as for stories I tried :smt102
Poetry comes the easiest for me. I love poetry but you should try other stuff.

Likeee... Storybooks! Those are fun! Or Science Fiction is interesting (to read at least I've never tried)
Don't be discouraged if it doesn't work out! Try again if you enjoyed it! :smt115

Then there are the Community Forums. Those are funnn

F is for friends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is anywhere and anytime at all

Down here in the deep blue sea

:smt082 I swear i'm not crazy

Check it all out!
You'll find something you'll love to do I know you will!
PM for anything anytime :smt026 I need something to do while I don't sleep.

Good Luck and have fun

Kamas~~
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

Reviews: 3
Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:33 am
Vonika says...

Thanks for the warm welcome!!

To answer one of your questions, I have not actually written a novel...I've written fanfiction, but even that is not completed (and I don't count it.) I have millions of ideas, but it can be a monumental task for me to put them down on paper.

One of my favorite authors is Charles Frazier (Cold Mountain). Brilliant writer...and I love me some Stephen King, too :)

By the way, my favorite ice cream flavor is Rocky Road! LOL :P

I have writer's block. I can't write. It is the will of the gods. Now, I must alphabetize my spice rack.
— Neil Gaiman