z

Young Writers Society

Hello Hello

Reviews: 0
Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:25 pm
bootsie93 says...

Hello to all out there already engaged in this new life of writing! This is my first time ever experiencing this kind of thing, so if there is anything I need to know that would be helpful feel free to tell. I don't really know what else to say... I guess I could tell a little bit about myself for starters.

The first time I began writing was in the fifth grade when we were all writing our own imaginary stories. I remember getting ready to read my newly drafted horror story to the class and feeling giddy and anxious to share what I'd written. When I think back on it now, I laugh at the memory that I was only ten at the time and writing a horror story at that.

I've always had a passion for writing whether it be a fictional piece or even a persuasive essay for school. I love the feeling of putting fingers to keyboard and typing away all the gathered thoughts in my head. It sometimes feels like an escape for me, when I need to let out anything congested inside of me.

I hope to meet a lot of people on this site and get introduced to the online world of writing!

~Kira :)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:36 pm
Kamas says...

Hey there bootie93

Im the one formally known as kamasgirl95 but now Im Kamas.

Welcome to the marvellous world of YWS!

We have some rules here that are important to follow or the moderators will eat you *jokes jokes*

1. There is a 2:1 ratio here, 2 reviews for each post you make. People are great and there are tons of stuff to review. Reviews are at least three lines long but its funner to tear things up;

2. Chatspeak. Things like "lol" and "brb" is accepted in the chatroom but it is a writing site so keep to a minimum.

3. Rate your work! You don't want to offend people! So anything with swear words and graphic content should be rated R. If you aren't sure PM someone for help! I happily will as well as other people!

4. No caps. *shudders* They give us writers headaches.

Okay well thats it for now.
Onto the funner stuff! Our rainbow of colours:

Different responsiblities equals different colours;

Blue: Greeters. They welcome the new people to this marvellous site

Purple: Instructors. They give the bestest :D reviews

Green(s): Moderators (dark green) and junior moderators (light green). They're all the great!
Red: Administrators. Well, just what it says. (;

Orange: Distinguised Members. Retirees, they don't post often but they're great when they do.

And then there's Shina xD Kidding.... Sort of.

You'll fit in just great and I hope to see you around!
Post an About the Authors and tell us about yourself (not too much) and PM if you do :P
Ill see you around dear.

Kamas~~
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:17 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS (a smilie production):

:pirate1: <--- this is Teague, Queen of the Cacti!

:smt035 <--- This is Jared (bigbadbear), but it should be violin.

:twisted: <--- It's Snoink! The leader of the completely evil plan!

:smt027 <--- This is Hawkie, she's a super Avatar fan!

:smt029 <--- This is Nate. He rules YWS.

:smt020 <---- Meet Music (Musicaloo7311)

:smt013 <--- People from TW sound like this

:smt051 <--- It's Nutty-Senpai! She can fly!

:pirate2: <--- Samuel Garrison, but lest pirate-y and more colonial.

:smt059 <---- Hey look! It's me! Angel's Symphony xD (Shina)

:elephant: <--- This is the dancing elephant. He is often used.

:smt032 <--- This is Mars, she's outta this world.

:smt068 <--- It's Gal (galerius)! The ten-year old girl on YWS who's going to be 11 soon!

:smt061 <--- Stella Thomas! She's just like Dorothy *nods*

:smt026 <--- This is Kamas ^^ One of our very spirited and happy members.

:smt075 <---- this is what happens when the mods catch you with caps, and by "you", I mean everyone with a title below green.

:smt100 <--- Most newbs look like this.

:smt113 <-- This was June (springrain) on June 29th.
But usually she's working overtime like this ---> :smt024 She tries (and usually succeeds) in making sure everything is reviewed.

:smt050 <---- Meet Rosey, she's the one who owns the color pink on this site and who comes up whenever unicorns are being spoken about.

:smt079 <--- Meet Evi (should have pink hair), one of the younger YWS members like me who seem all nice and friendly...until she reviews you.

:smt117 <---- This is Jabbs (jabberhut), just imagine this smilie without the smile guy and the chicken, and you've got a hut!

:smt034 <---- Meet Lin. She does the the YWS news.

:smt106 <---- This is Demi (demeter), she's Simba!

:smt064 <--- This is Pork (prokaryote). He's umm... The smilie says it all :P

:smt062 <---- What usually happens during the Purps Vs. Blue wars

:smt022 <--- People before YWS

:smt017 <---- When the new members first get online

:smt006 <---- And then the greeters come and say "hi" to them.

:smt055 :smt040 :smt007 <---- The new members once they get the hang of things

:smt074 <---- And then the instructors come in and shred their work....

:smt089 <---- they end up, like this.

:smt044 <--- And after they realize how much better their work is, like this.

:smt045 Mhmmm, and that's the summary of YWS in smilies.

Any questions? Or are you good to go :smt023 ?
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:11 am
bludragon525 says...

Hey! Welcome to YWS!!!

I'm Zoe, but a lot of people just go by my username, bludragon. Or Dragon, to make it short.

So, hope you got the basics down. All you need to know is 1) 2:1 ratio (really, don't mess this up! It's not that hard to forget, is it?) 2) No chat speak or caps, and 3) Rate your work and watch out for the mods! (just kidding. They're not so bad).

Ranking! Okay, so you probably have noticed the rankings beneath everyone's username (Novice, Junior Writer (me!) Writer, etc.). Let me explain them in a rather crude way.

Ranks depend on how many posts you make:
New Member: 0-4 posts
Novice: 5-14 posts
Junior Writer: 15 - 49 posts
Writer: 50 - 99 posts
Senior Writer: 100 - 249 posts
Novelist: 250 - 499 posts
Speaker of the Forum: 500+ posts
Master of the Forum: 1,000+ posts

So, tell us about yourself. Favorite authors? Favorite ice cream flavor? Hobbies besides writing?

Feel free to PM me if you have questions (or if you get lost. Believe me, it's not that hard!)

See you around!

zOe
Help! I can't remember if I'm the evil twin or the good one!

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:58 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey there Kira! I'm Chloe, but feel free to call me by my user-name or a nickname of one of the two.

I feel the same way about writing. A lot of us here do :)

So, would you like to know what those pretty stars under the avatars of others mean?
Ze Yellow Stars
5 Reviews = 1 Star
25 Reviews = 2 Stars
75 Reviews = 3 Stars
150 Reviews = 4 Stars
250 Reviews = 5 Stars

For Blue Stars:
350 Reviews = 1 Blue Star, 4 Yellow Stars
450 Reviews = 2 Blue Stars, 3 Yellow Stars
550 Reviews = 3 Blue Stars, 2 Yellow Stars
650 Reviews = 4 Blue Stars, 1 Yellow Star
750 Reviews = 5 Blue Stars

For Red Stars:
850 Reviews = 1 Red Star, 4 Blue Stars
950 Reviews = 2 Red Stars, 3 Blue Stars
1050 Reviews = 3 Red Stars, 2 Blue Stars
1150 Reviews = 4 Red Stars, 1 Blue Star
1250 Reviews = 5 Red Stars

That's a lot of reviews, don't worry. Most of us haven't reached that level of awesomeness ;)

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help, or would like me to critique something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:19 pm
Ego says...

Hi Kira ^^

Welcome to YWS! If you can make it through the massive block of rules, introductions, and info-dumps that precedes this post, I will be thoroughly impressed.

Don't worry if it's your first time around this kind of thing--we've all been through it, and we're all still alive and well. ^^ Personally, I joined YWS four years ago, near its launch. I've been here ever since, and I love most seconds of it. That said, it must be pretty scary for you, being new to a site as big as this one. If you ever need any help navigating the site, or if you have a question about the rules and customs of the site, I'll be able to help you out better than most.

What was your horror story about? I started writing seriously in seventh grade--a horror story as well, coincidentally--and never looked back. As for the catharsis of writing, I'd have to agree. Every piece you write contains a part of you, and anyone who reds your work will find themselves intimately involved in the inner workings of your mind.

That said...once again, welcome! Speaking for everyone here at YWS, we look forward to reading what you have to offer. :)

--Dono

PS: Here is a link you may find useful, if you would like to fore-arm yourself about the rules of the site.
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

If you steal property, you must report its fair market value...
— John Oliver