z

Young Writers Society

Hey!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:34 pm
Envy-the-Sinners says...

Hey everyone!

I'm Marieke and I'm a 20-year-old Communication student from the Netherlands. I've been looking for a community such as this one for a while now. I would really like to read other people's stories and review them, and have my own stuff read (and hopefully reviewed), too. I'm amazed to see so many young people writing! I'm really curious to see what kind of stories you write! :)

To tell you some more about me, writing has been my passion my whole life. I can't remember a time when I didn't write (except lately, because of my studies). I mostly write fantasy stories, and emotional poetry. I used to write in Dutch but I started writing in English when I was 16. I find I can express myself better in English, and I think the English language is more beautiful than Dutch, for writing at least. Thankfully, my English has improved a lot since I was 16. :P

I haven't written much in the past 2 years, because of my studies, my boyfriend, and other things that take up so much time. But I intend to start again. I have a few stories outlined, and I can't wait to start writing them! I just need to learn some time management. :P

I'm off to check out this site!!

x Envy-the-Sinners

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:58 pm
Kamas says...

Hey there Marieke!

I'm Kamas and I will greet you soooo
( this is me according to Shina who I know you will meet -----> :smt026 )

Welcome to YWS!!! :smt003

You'll love it here!
There are rainbows of people here to help and yes a few rules.

Let start with the rules.
then well get to the fun stuff

Rule #1 2:1 ratio. 2 reviews for 1 post of your own posts so review lots. A review is at least three lines.
Rule #2 No chatspeak or caps. It is so because this is a writers site and THIS IS ANNOYING :D *looks around and whispers* I think I just got away with that one
Rule #3 Ratings. Rate your work (Note to self :smt005 ) Anything with graphic suggestions or swearing should be rated R.

Okay now onto our sunny little rainbow

Red: Admins. They rule this site, Nate is the creator *bows*

Dark green: Moderators. Funny people that are lovable;

Light green: Junior Moderators. There are lots, (beware of Juniper, and her reviews by the dozen)

Orange: Distinguished Members. They were important until they retired :smt016 joking. No they're great but aren't around much.

Blue: Greeters. They are the people who welcome you guys (known as newbies)

Purple: Instructors. they have amazing reviews and insane amount of points *is jealous*

Note: Beware of the Blus vs. Purps wars (don't ask you'll see)

okay well thats it.... Right? :smt044
Well anyways Have lots and lots and lots of fun

PM me with questions,

Kamas~~
"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world - not even our troubles." ~ Charles Chaplin

#tnt

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:26 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Hi Marieke <--- like awesome name :P I'm Kat, nice to meet you! Welcome to Ol'YWS family! *shakes hand*

I'm glad Kamas has already mentioned the baisc rules and our *rainbow* to you, so I won't bugg you mroe about that. I can only ask you to check the Rules, since there are a few more you should know about. Also, if you want to knwo mroe about how to get around check the 'Help and Support Wiki', under 'Help and Support' (one of the big buttons at the top of the page) or here's the link ^_^

Now, on to you!
I would really like to read other people's stories and review them, and have my own stuff read (and hopefully reviewed), too. I'm amazed to see so many young people writing! I'm really curious to see what kind of stories you write!

That's a really good attitude! it's glad to know that you also want to review other people's work ;) Check the 'Read and Review', under Writing (again, on the buttons at the top of the page). All the writing forums will appear :D Also, if you want a review you can always request one either by PMing someone or checking the Will Review for Foor. it's on the Community Forums, as a sub-forum of the Lounge, a great place to hang out.

I used to write in Dutch but I started writing in English when I was 16. I find I can express myself better in English, and I think the English language is more beautiful than Dutch, for writing at least.

I didn't wrote in Dutch, but I wrote in Portuguese, and now I even thing in English. I can express myself much more easilly in English. Actually, right now I usually only miss Portuguese words. The English term for it comes to my mind but not the one of my main language xD

Nice to meet you, Marieke! If you need anything feel free to PM me ;)
*Kat*
P.S: Great to have you with us!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:49 pm
Envy-the-Sinners says...

Hi Kamas and Kat!! Thanks for the welcome! And all the explanations! :)

Kat: it’s cool to hear you like my name! :D It’s actually a very common name here in the Netherlands and Belgium (I still love it, though). But I guess it sounds pretty unusual outside of my country.

I actually like reading and reviewing other people’s work. :) I know I just want my story to appeal to people, and so it’s good to hear what they think about it and what they think should be improved! And I think I can learn a lot, too, by reviewing and from reading other people’s critiques.

Kat, I have that sometimes, too, that the English word comes to mind but I can’t think of the Dutch word! It even happens when I’m talking with someone. Sometimes I just say the English word. :P

See you around!

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind