z

Young Writers Society

Hi everyone

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:35 pm
Ica says...

This is Ica, finally I have no excuses not to write.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Ica, welcome to YWS! :D

That's good, you've used up all your excuses. :) And what a perfect place to get back in the game. :)

So if you haven't already, I'd recommend reading the Rules because they give a lot of good info on the site and they'll keep the (usually nice) mods off your tail :)
The main things to keep in mind are pretty simple:
-2:1 ratio -> for everything you submit for a review, we ask that you review at least two other things first
-No chat speak -> we want to keep this site as sophisticated as possible so try not to talk lIkE tHs :) Try to use proper spelling and grammar too. (If you're not sure if you've spelled everything right and want to check, above the reply window is a button that says 'check spelling')
-Rate your work -> if what you submit has a lot of violence, swearing, or sexual content, try to rate it to reflect that because there are a lot of younger users here that might not want to read that.
-Swearing -> it's okay in your work, but outside of that, try to keep it to a minimum.

Are you ready for some hard questions?
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? If you could meet one author and ask them anything you wanted for an hour, who would you meet? What's your favorite kind of cookie? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

537 Reviews

Reviews: 537
Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:38 pm
Evi says...

Hey Ica! :twisted: Oh, yes. With YWS around, you won't find any excuses. Write! Write!

So, welcome to the site! ^_^ I'm Evi, and I'm an Instructor, so if you have any work you'd like critiqued, just PM me or any of the other purps. And see how your previous welcomer, tnme22, has a blue name? That's because she's a Greeter. ^_^ PM any blues for questons about the site, or just a friendly conversation!

Those with red names are the admins, including YWS's creator, Nate. They watch over everything, with the assistance of dark and light green Moderators. If you see someone with an orange name, they're retired Mods who are still worthy of recognition because of their contributions to the site.

And, yes! Tell us about yourself. What genres do you write? Ever tried your hand at poetry? We have some really good prose authors and poets here, so just look around for something you like and give them some suggestions!

Enjoy yourself. :wink:
"Let's eat, Grandma!" as opposed to "Let's eat Grandma!": punctuation saves lives.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:06 pm
Roo 2 says...

Hello, Ica!

I'm Roo, I'm still a lowly black - aka no prestigious job to brag about - but I'm still good for a friend if you need one. :D I can't wait to see what type of writing you do, whether fiction or poetry, and what your style is! You are planning to post some, aren't you? I'm a fiction writer myself---urban fantasy, romance, regular fantasy mostly---so if any of those catch your idea and you want to talk, PM me, I'd love to critique your writing! In fact, PM me even if you just want to chat, I <3 friends!! :)
If all the world is but a dream---fantastic posing greed---then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

---
Roo loves yoo. <3

317 Reviews

Reviews: 317
Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:51 pm
mizz-iceberg says...

Hello Ica! Welcome to YWS! I envy you. I still haven't run out of excuses. I like to procrastinate. ;)

So us more abut yourself Ica! And also, how should I pronounce your username?
If you have questions, need any help, reviews or have any concerns, feel free to PM me.

See you around!
-Zehra
I'm a godmother, that's a great thing to be, a godmother. She calls me god for short, that's cute, I taught her that.
--Ellen DeGeneres

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:11 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS Ica ^^

I'm Shina, one of the instructor-greeters on YWS. It is my job and my pleasure to greet the newbs of YWS.

Yes! No excuses to not write! That's great xD
And now, a YWS song to tell you about, well, YWS:

Look at this site? Isn't it neat?
YWS is a place that can never be beat!
Wouldn't you think we're a site,
A site that has, everything?

Look at the forums, full of great stuff.
How many wonders can one website hold?
Looking around here you'd think:
Yes, they're amazing!

We've got instructors and greeters a-plenty!
We've got mods and a Nate galore.
You want a review? June's done many!
But who cares? No big deal. We'll do more!

We wanna help everyone that comes around,
we wanna see, wanna see them writing!
Writing on papers with those
Whaddya call em'? Oh, pens.

Typing away you don't get too far,
Mentors are required for self-improvement.
Painting those pictures on,
What's that word again? Canvases.

Up where they write, up where they post,
Up where they talk all day in the chat-room.
Wandering free, wish you could be
Part of this site!

------------

And that about sums it up.

Oh, and since no one's covered the rules, I get onto that too:

2:1 Ratio. Review 2 pieces of work before you post anything on here. Or else!

No chatspeak. Spell things correctly. We like using proper grammar and spelling.

Be nice, be professional. <--- A given

No caps... Or else!

Have fun!

Hope you have a good time, Ica ^^
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow