z

Young Writers Society

Trikkycat

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:39 am
Trikky says...

I was surprised to see so many homeschooled kids on here!

((so that's why some of you have so many points. jk xD ))

Anyway, I've been in public school all my life, and I'm sort of proud of it. I survived the system!
Yeah, for any of you guys that don't live in the US/are private/homeschooled, the system is not doing so well, with uh... budget cuts, and class sizes going up to 43 or so students...

but otherwise it's alright.

Anyhow, I'm done with all that! Yay! Graduated this June, going on to University of California Santa Cruz (YAY BANANA SLUGS!!!) , to the hippie commune dorms (aka the Zoo, aka Kresge). I'm really looking forward to it. I always feel uncomfortable bringing girls home to my folks, because they don't really approve of it, especially of me doing anything with said girls, so... I'm waiting for college for my first time. >///<

But I am very excited. ^w^
(and horny) xD

I love to play guitar, anything from Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata" to Zelda songs to Pink Floyd and Simon & Garfunkel. I don't take lessons, I just look up tabs on the internet and they're pretty self-explanitory.

I listen to Sisters of Mercy, Voltaire, Touhou, Daft Punk, and a lot of obscure metal. Also, Scream Silence is the best!!!!

I read Dickens, Wells, Lovecraft, Poe, Tolkein, Plath, Chekhov, Tolstoy, Kapek, John Shirley (if you haven't read Demons, please do, especially if you're into new-age stuff at all), Homer, and a lot of other random classics/scifi/fantasy/psychology/philosophy stuff. I could never stand the children's section when I was a child or the teenage section when I was a teenager. ^^; I've never liked fluffy stuff much.

Well, except for anime. It's my guilty pleasure. :3 Can't stand Naruto, but I used to love Inuyasha, and I currently watch Code Geass (I got my hair cut like Lelouch's. It's actually looks pretty cute, lol) and Lucky Star. The only regular tv shows I watch are The Big Bang Theory and Ace of Cakes.

I like to act, when I get the chance. Usually my parents are like "no, you have to babysit, you can't be in a play because Hannah's in a play and if you're in a play too then no one will be around to watch Joseph ( my little brother)". That goes for sports, too, most of the time. Yeah, it kind of sucks. But my parents are pretty much communist dictators. :roll:

My Dad is pretty fond of ultimatums. He likes to give bogus choices, like (hypothetical example): "You can either have mint chocolate chip ice cream or no ice cream". Even if there's rocky road sitting right there. *headdesk* Whenever he does something like that, I always whisper to my sister, "In communist Russia..."

I really want to do something with publishing or books after high school. It's my passion <333333

I used to be really quiet, but I've been working on it a lot, and I think I've become more outgoing... some people still say I'm quiet though. But usually it has to be something I'm interested in for me to want to talk, or otherwise I'll just space out or wonder if the person I'm listening to is the type of person who, if told to "wrap up the pizza", would cover the whole box in aluminum foil. I don't know, some people just seem dumb as rocks sometimes. I think material culture has a lot to with that, because it teaches people to "get get get", but it doesn't tell them how to do anything with what they have, so people just end up being greedy without ever stopping to think about what they're doing, they're just in this huge rat race...

...but I'll not get into that right now. ^^
Have a nice day. :)

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence