z

Young Writers Society

Well it's about time I did this.

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:54 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Hey there everyone. I've been a member of YWS for quite a while now...and I'm just getting around to introducing myself here. It's cool, I'm lazy and always late for everything :D

Anyways, I am Lauren. No, don't start the parade and fanfare yet. Or ever. I'm not that awesome and I'm not nearly that important :P

I live in a tiny pumpkin-obsessed (seriously, we take a week out of our lives to celebrate pumpkins the the greatest free show on earth, The Pumpkin Show!) town in southern Ohio. It's pretty much boring here 98% of the time. I am currently 16 (almost 17!) and will be a senior in high school next year. Yay! I am like 5'4"ish? Not very tall, and I have brown hair that goes to my shoulders that I have absolutely no idea what to do with! Hah.

I only have one sibling, a younger brother, although I wish I had more siblings (but I'd rather not have any more brothers). He's odd and anti-social. But he plays a mean guitar.

Athletics are not my thing. I have just about zero coordination and can't handle any sport that requires the use of a ball. I only run. I am a member of my schools cross country team and I absolutely love it.

Hmmm...

I'm accident prone. I run into things a lot. And fall out of things a lot. And trip over things a lot. Hah, see what I mean? I also have some sort of issue where I almost constantly have the hiccups. It's weird and prompts taunting from my friends.

I love to read, and pretty much always have. It wasn't until two or three years ago that I really got into writing though. And then it didn't last very long. I had an attempt at writing a story and failed, so I put it away for a year or two. And now I'm back writing, and thanks to YWS I'm sticking to it. Three cheers for YWS!

My friends call me crazy. Maybe I am, who knows? They're crazy too anyways.

I talk a lot, and often talk loudly. I'm sure it gets annoying. And only one person I know has been able to match my speed and frequency of talking, and he is one of my best friends. Being talkative has made me quite outgoing, or maybe it's the other way around? I love to make friends and meet people and be overall fun and loud.

Also, I love food. I eat entirely too much but am still too skinny for my own good. I also love to cook, and I have to say I'm quite good at it.

Well...I think that's about it. I hope it wasn't a mistake that I finally decided to post here. Hah, well now I'm going to go read about all the other wonderful people on YWS.

Lauren :D
Got YWS?

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Tue Jun 16, 2009 4:58 am
MeadowLark says...

Lauren!

You sound like me! Haha, especially with the klutzy part. Sometimes I turn around and can walk right into walls! I've even fell backwards off a moving quad. Do not ask how :D

I know what you mean with the sports that uses balls. They're quite boring because how fun is it to chase around a round thing? I perfer riding horses and rodeos. More chances of getting hurt xD

Pumpkins! I love pumpkins! Perhaps I shall move to your town.

Haha, you're taller than me and I daresay, you have the same problem with your hair as I do mine >_<
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:03 am
View Likes
Dark Sploosh says...

Oh my. A Circlevillian on YWS? I never would have guessed it. Well, a fellow Pickaway County writer says hi!
“The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire.”
– Marshal Ferdinand Foch

The most important thing is to preserve the world we live in. Unless people understand and learn about our world, habitats, and animals, they won't understand that if we don't protect those habitats, we'll eventually destroy ourselves.
— Jack Hanna