z

Young Writers Society

Hey, I'm Roo.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:43 pm
Roo 2 says...

Hi, my name is Roo.

I actually joined a while ago, but this is the first time I'm actually doing anything about it... :D

Um. Well, I'm 15, and currently working on an urban fantasy novel. I started mid-June, and I have about... 8000 words only, so I should be working on that instead of doing this right now, but you know... :D I've never really co-written anything, but it sounds fun, so if you're interested in that, friend me and we'll talk about it. Look for me in the forums, I'd love to hear from you!
If all the world is but a dream---fantastic posing greed---then we should feed our jewelry to the sea. For diamonds do appear to be just like broken glass to me.

---
Roo loves yoo. <3

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:57 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Welcome aboard the YWS ship, Roo! I'm Kat, nice to meet you *shakes hand*

Oh, an urban fantasy novel? Sound interesting! Don't forget, if you want reviews post it on the Fantasy Fiction forum ;)
Co-writing? Sounds like fun! I've never done it, but I would like to give it a shot.
8000 words since mid-June? *jaw drops* That's like the double of what I would be able to write --'

Anyhoodles, you might have noticed that my name is colored, while yours is black. that's why I have a job. many users here on YWS have their names colored. We are the YWS staff. Blue,a s mine, is a sign for Greeters. Our job is to greet newbies (as yourself!). There's also purple, green and so on. if you want to know more about it, click here, and check under 'Miscellaneous' and select Staff Positions.
The green ones are Mods. They control the forums and make sure the rules are followed. So, I ask you to check the Rules. If you follow them , you'll have no problems in keeping them away *me is making the Mods sound evilish* Don't worry; everyone here is nice. including the big bosses xD

So, if you need anything, feel free to Pm me. Have a nice day!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:09 am
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome Roo!

Cool name. =P And I salute you on having reached 8000 words. I wish I had that many words to one story. =P Someone recently linked http://lab.drwicked.com/writeordie.html which helps drive you to write more. ^_^ Also, there's JulNoWriMo in July. So if you'd like to try doing it all in one go, you could sign up for that.

Since you've been around a while, I'm going to guess you know the rules. But just in case..
a) Do 2 reviews for every one thing you post. It's seriously a great way to make friends and attract reviews. I highly recommend it.
b) Rate your work, it will end up on the front page that way and more people will see it.

PM me if you need anything! Enjoy.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:32 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Roo! ^____^ Welcome to YWS~ Or back? Or something. Hehe~ Anyways, I'm Hannah!

If you're interested in co-writing stories, there is actually a user group dedicated to doing that very thing and it has set it up so that you can put your name into a drawing-system and get a random partner. xD You don't even have to go around looking for a specific person to write with. If you want to, however, you can still do that as well. =]

Anyways, the link is here. You just have to join the group and get started. ^_^

Also, I like the concept of urban fantasy. By that, do you mean sort of a softer fantasy based in an urban world or do you mean a harder fantasy where the city is completely fantastic and built on different elements of fantasy (kind of like science fiction?... I don't know)?

Feel free to PM me whenever you'd like any of your pieces reviewed. As Kat mentioned, different colors mean different things, and purple (like my name) denotes an Instructor. =] We're here to help you improve your writing through in-depth critiques and advice! So drop me a line anytime~

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Nouns can verb very well actually, they verb better than some verbs do.
— winterwolf0100