z

Young Writers Society

Hi

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sat Jun 27, 2009 7:57 pm
hannahbelle214 says...

Hi I'm new here and I like to write old western romance and historicaal fiction, and sometimes mysteries. I have a few questions. How do I review somebody's work, and how do I submit work? I have written a book and now I'm starting a new one. Can I put these on here for others to crtique? Thanks!

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:55 pm
Shauni says...

Hi Hannah! Welcome the the Ol' Mighty YWS! I hope you get just fine in here!
I'm Shauni and it's a pleasure to have you here! :D

For your questions. It's very easy!

How do I review somebody's work, and how do I submit work?

Well, reviewing works is very easy. You go to the "Writing" icon on our banner up in the page. There you can choose your favourite type of writing ( lyrics, scripts, poetry, various fictions, etc..), then pick an article of yours interest. You read it and then there will be a box at the en of the page, where you'd be able to write your critic. That's it.
There you write what you think about the work, what can be improved and all the various of advices and compliments you may like to say! Sometimes, a piece you not-so-good like. We need to be harsh sometimes, to help the person to improve, and sometimes we need to say that the work isn't that good at all, but always try to say it gently. We have to be nice! :P For every review you make you can win up to 50 points. You'll need points to post your work.

Now, submitting your work is simple as this:

Click on the "Writing" icon again but then choose the option " Submit something".

Then, a box will appear and you just need to write your work there. Finally, click "submit" and it's done! Don't forget to rate. Rating works is one of our basics rules! Submitting a work will cost you 150 points but you will earn 50 for posting it. This way you only lose 100.

I have written a book and now I'm starting a new one. Can I put these on here for others to crtique? Thanks!

Of course you can! That's why YWS was created. For us to share our works with everyone and learn with each other's mistakes. Don't be afraid and have fun!

There must-know/basics rules of YWS:

1. Please, keep a 2:1 ratio. This means that for every post you make, you should at leat make two reviews.

2. No chat speak and/or capitalized words/sentences.

3. Rate your works accordly. Works that contain f-word and/ or sexual content, must be rated R. Works rated PG-13 below will appear on the YWS front page.

That's it my friend! And, what about you?

~ Who's your favourite author?
~What's your favourite music genre?
~Will you miss Michael Jackson? <--- I am *sniff*
~Cookies or brownies?

Have the greates time here and I hope to see you around!
PM me if you need anything!

Best wishes

Shauni^^

1334 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1334
Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:25 am
Hannah says...

Hey, Hannahbelle! ^_^ Our names are pretty similar and VERY cool, don't you think? Teehee~

Anyways, welcome to YWS! =D

Let me add a little bit to one of your questions.

I have written a book and now I'm starting a new one. Can I put these on here for others to crtique? Thanks!

I don't know whether you were asking to post full books on here or not, but I would like to point out that there actually is a special section of the website where you are able to attach your FULL manuscript and ask for members to go through and review your entire book. That section is for Advanced Critiques and is located here. You can post your finished book here to get it edited and hopefully read to publish!

As for the new book you're writing, you actually have a couple options. You can either post the story in parts (and I recommend keeping every submission that you post in YWS to about 2 or 3 word processed pages, because otherwise they appear too long and many members will shy away from reviewing them) OR wait until you've completed it and post it in the Advanced Critiques forum to get it all critiqued at once. You might even want to do a mix of both. Post some parts of it that you need specific help with, and hold back others, then post them all together at the end.

I actually don't have much experience with this, though, as I've never finished a book. So, along with this advice, I have to say congratulations and good luck!

Also, let me know if you ever want any of your work reviewed, okay? My purple name means I'm an Instructor, which means I'm here for that purpose -- to help make your work better by providing in-depth critiques! =D

PM me if you have any more questions, too~

Again, welcome to YWS!

-Hannah-
you can message me with anything: questions, review requests, rants
are you a green room knight yet?
have you read this week's Squills?

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain