Young Writers Society

"Demeter? Who's that?"

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Sun Jan 11, 2009 3:58 pm
Lord Anzius says...

Hei! Mun piti siivota!

Mut anywayz.

I love disney films, expesially pirates of the carribean... How can you not like Keira???? She is in The pirates of the carribean! It's reason enough to like her.

Ahem....

Anyways I also like lion king, it is both funny and beautiful. I have all of the movies. And the third on my list is Bambi.... *sob* I loved Bambi, the movie was so touching. Bambi 2 also.

*shakes head and changes subject*

We both like past, High five, middle five, low five, fhigh five times two.

ABBA................. *bleurgh*

Sorry 'bout that I just tend to listen to reggae (Bob marley rulez) Rap (Ice cube and snoop dogg) And rock (...... and another......)

ABBA is it pop or rock? or is it both. Whatever I'll just go and listen to Bob Marley

Read ya
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Jan 12, 2009 7:21 am
Meep(: says...

*stares stupidly at the screen*
Okay, I give up. I can't figure out Finnish.

But that's really cool!
Finnish and part Zimbabwean! :D
Unfortunately, right now, I've heard that Zimbabwe is on the brink of collapsing,
With the Cholera outbreak and Mugabe refusing to step down or accept help and everything :(

How's Finland? It always give me the impression of winter...and fish.
I don't know why.
Is it true that Cinderella is also known as Tuna in Finland?
Because I remember reading that somewhere. Unless I'm confabulating again.

ABBA!
My family listens to it all the time, so I've been brought up to appreciate it.
Are you able to pick a favourite song?
Disney movies are awesome. I like Lion King...3.
One was a real tear-jerker. Especially at the part when Mufasa died.
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:38 pm
Demeter says...

Haha, Meep, I'm not really part Zimbabwean! :lol: I was only joking :D Sorry to confuse you.

And it doesn't matter that you don't know any Finnish, they didn't say anything important... :roll: :D

Finland is great! And it's winter now. Finland is often considered very cold and snowy, maybe because we're so up north. But in summer, it can get way up to 30 degrees Celsius.

And fish? :D Well, I guess you're kind of right. There are lots of lakes here for fishing, and of course the Baltic Sea.

Cinderella = tuna? Do you mean that the fairytale Cinderella is Tuna in Finnish? Or that Cinderella is the Finnish word for tuna? Or something else? Either way, Cinderella and tuna don't connect with each other in any way. :D I wonder where you have read that? :D

My favourite ABBA song... There are so much. Hmm. Maybe 'Soldiers', 'Tropical Loveland', 'Eagle'. Ah, I can't pick just one!

I cry in the Lion King all the time. :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:29 am
Meep(: says...

*scratches head and walks away mumbling something about Zimbabwe and Cinderella*

My favourite ABBA song would be...'Thank you for the music'.
Don't ask me why. *shrugs*
But I'm more into Jazz, Rock, Pop and Classical music.
I saw pictures of you in The Lounge forum,
You're really gorgeous :D
Gets kind of boring when you live in Asia.
Black hair, brown hair, black eyes, brown eyes.
But we really stand out in the West.
I went to America during December, and they were all staring at me like a zoo specimen.

I still haven't really figured out yet...
What genre(s) do you like to read and write about? :D
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

878 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:48 pm
Demeter says...

Thank you so much! :)

I like 'Thank You For the Music', too, it's very pretty.

Were they? :shock: You know, I was kind of thinking they would be more tolerant in America, since it's so multicultural nowadays. But maybe not everyone are... :(

I like realistic fiction best. Most of my work would belong to 'Other fiction', but I have nothing against romance. If only I could do it better! I also write some poetry, even though I know nothing about it. :D

I think that Cinderella thingy was kind of interesting! Don't walk away with it! :P

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:03 pm
Rosendorn says...

Nice custom title. Cracks me up.

I'm currently using a verse from For Always, from the A.I. soundtrack, if you need any ideas. Just don't steal my line!
Last edited by Rosendorn on Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:58 pm
peanutgallery007 says...

Hello! You are all pretty cool... and you are not a freak with a Lion King avatar, Demeter! Well, you have a Lion King avatar, but I loved that movie! :D
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:54 pm
Demeter says...

Haha, thanks! :D

Got YWS?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:19 pm
BigBadBear says...

Demeter! You're a Broadway freak like me? Aaaahhhh! We must talk, homeslice!

You like Webber's musicals? I recommend The Woman in White. No one likes it, but I think the music is beautiful and daring at the same time. It's an amazing story. I can't believe he is written a Phantom of the Opera 2. It will be horrendous. :(

Anyway.

Cats? Ugh. I don't like Cats that much. It's never really intrigued me. I like the first song. Overature. Haha. >.> And the next song, Jelicle Songs for Jelicle Cats or something like that. It has an interesting beat. Other than that... they are all just describing the cats, and the overall story is not there?

Les Misérables is the ultimate music/novel. It's so... so... so...

Yeah. It's just so.

So! Let's talk Broadway!

-Jared

EDIT: Oh! And Grease = <3
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

878 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 14, 2009 4:26 am
Demeter says...

Yes, let's!

I know that about Phantom 2, I can't believe he sank so low... The music's probably going to be great, but the whole idea just makes me want to cringe. Hrrr.

I agree, there's not that much of a story in Cats lyrics, but that's just because they're all just single poems. I really love the music, though.

Have you seen/listened to Jesus Christ Superstar? It came on TV yesterday, but I didn't like it as much as the others...

Got YWS?

261 Reviews

Reviews: 261
Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:01 pm
Mr.Knightley says...

You don't like Keira Knightley?! Ohhhhh dear.... this could get nasty. :) To avoid (very) bloody conflict, let's agree to disagree on this one. Albeit heatedly. :)
"You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because you're all the same."

Lady Gaga

878 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:12 pm
Demeter says...

:P

Got YWS?

If a nation loses its storytellers, it loses its childhood.
— Peter Handke