z

Young Writers Society

Hey Y'all!!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:37 pm
Evelyn Silver says...

Hey Y'all!! I'm new! i know right? you've probably heard this tens and thousands of times. well I'm sorry you have to hear this one. or is it read? whatever.
I'm Hailey Kinsey! I'd rather go by Evelyn Silver though. I dunno why, but I really like that name. So anyway...I WRITE!! WHOE! WHO KNEW?! LOL. Yes I write. Sadly most of my work does have romance, but I've been trying to shake that up a bit. Make it more of a action pack or whatever. Fantasy is pretty awesome. right? RIGHT? lol that's for you to decide.
Well If you have any ideas to share please do!! That's if you read any of my work. I guarantee you will get credit. Just tell me in what way!!
Thank you!
Evelyn Silver

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:59 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there! Reading your post made me feel energetic! Woo!

You have a very pretty name. :) But I'll call you Evelyn Silver, if that's what you like. And you write? Big suprise! xD

Anyways, here's the rules...

:arrow: 2:1 -- For every story you post, try to review two other pieces of work.

:arrow: Plagiarism: big no no. But that's pretty obvious, right? :P

:arrow: No caps/chat speak. Unfortunately, as fun/conventiant it may be, you have to steer clear of it.

And fantasy is amazing! I'd love to read some of your work!

If you ever need anything, click the PM ME! button at the bottom of this post, and I'd love to help you out!

- Frag

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome to YWS!

I believe I shall expand on the rules fragile set out there (listen to them. They are important. ^^)

A "Review" is at least three lines long. Just list what you liked in a story (or what you didn't like) and you should have enough information to count as a review.

When it comes to chatspeak, you're allowed to use "lol" and "brb" (along with PoV, MC and other term abbreviations). Just no replacing "gr8" for "great" and "u" for "you." Got it?

Also, we have this little thing here called rating works! If you rate your works, and it's not rated R, it will show up on the home page of YWS. You might get more comments. ;) Rated R works have the f-word and/or "adult content."

So you write pure romance? Hm, not exactly my thing. I'm one for romance subplots (Give me a sword-fight and have the MC injured so his/her love interest has to take care of them any day. And I don't care how cliche that may be. :P)

Fantasy is, indeed, the best. Hope to see you reviewing/posting there!

If you need anything, PM me.

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:40 pm
View Likes
Chloe(: says...

Hey Evelyn Silver! I'm Chloe, but you can call me by my user name if you'd like to.

Yeah, fantasy is pretty awesome! :D I write science fiction and fantasy, and sometimes add a little bit of other genres in my work. And now I'm working on a novel that's a tragedy/fantasy that hopfully will have a little action in it. I'll have to work some in to the plan ;)

So, you've probably seen people with colored user names. Well the people with colored usernames have jobs.
The Blue Greeters: We hang out around here, introducing ourselves to new members and helping them through the wonderful first couple of days in YWS. We love to help, so if you need any help, ask us!

The Purple Instructors: These people are the big reviewing people. They spend a lot of time reviewing and their reviews are long and very helpful. They are very nice, so if you need a question, ask them.

The Light Green and Green Mods: They watch over the forums and make sure that all is well. The junior mods look over only a couple of forums, and the Mods look over a bunch.

The Red:
These crazy people are admins. They are the heads of YWS, we wouldn’t be the same great website without them. Yay Admins!

Orange:
These are the distinguished members, or otherwise, the retired mods. They are pretty active and love to help.

So, feel free to PM me if you need any help, or would like me to critique something you've written!
---Chloe :D
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

I’ll marry the finest banana in the galaxy for you.
— Tuckster