z

Young Writers Society

Hello

Reviews: 1
Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:57 am
Dranobi says...

Hello to all. Im a long time fantasy nut and have loved writing since childhood. I've never published anything but i have always known theres a book or two in me. I would like to say thanks to the Mods and best wishes to everyone who cherish's the beauty creating.

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:22 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Welcome to YWS!

^_^ I'm sure you've read the rules, but I'll bug you with the big ones just because they like us to do that.

We have a 2:1 rule about posting. Please review two works for every one that you submit. That way everyone gets their reviews. It also helps (seriously, it's proven) you get more people to review your work. There's also a no chat speak rule, but I'm sure you won't have a problem with that.

Fantasy, eh? Great stuff. For a while it was the only genre I would read. Whose your favorite author? What's your favorite book? Whose your favorite character? I'm personally in love with Elizabth Haydon's Rhapsody as well as The Legend of Nightfall.

We look forward to seeing your work! Feel free to cash in on the coupon in my sig anytime.

Oh, another tip. If you're writing something long, think about breaking it down into smaller peices. A lot of reviews balk from long posts because they take a long time to review (if you're the nitpicky type like me). Just a hint if you want to get more feedback.

^_^ Keek!
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:24 pm
Carlito says...

Hey Dranobi, welcome to YWS! :D

Just a couple of other things to keep in mind...
-No chat speak -> We want to keep this site as sophisticated as possible so try not to talk lIkE tHiS :) Try to use proper spelling and grammar and what not. (If you're not sure if you've spelled everything right and want to check, above the reply window is a button that says 'check spelling').
-Rate your work -> If your story/poem/lyric/picture/etc. is really graphic, uses a lot of swear words, or is sexually explicit, rate your work accordingly. There are a lot of younger people here that might not want to read that.
-Swearing -> Swearing is okay in the stories or whatever you submit, but try to limit it to only that. Try not to swear in the other forums.

Now that those boring rules and what not are out of the way, get ready for some super tough questions...
Who is your favorite author? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite movie? What's your favorite color? If you could have any superpower, what would you choose and why? If you could make any one character from any book come alive, who would you choose and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Sun Jun 21, 2009 2:47 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there! Welcome to YWS!

You'll find this site very useful, as there's a knowledge base[/ur;], [url=http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/forum188.html]review-on-demand forum, and much more! There are tons of users who would love to lend out a hand and an abbundance of stories just waiting for reviews.

Hope you have fun, and sorry if this was brief! PM me if you need anything!

- Frag

Put me in the fqluote generator. I say wise things.
— RigoTheHacker