z

Young Writers Society

New here. And I could be you mother for all you know . . .

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:36 pm
outofthebox says...

Hello to all who were ingeniously dawn to my . . . whatever this is. I don't really know. Well, you were drawn to this because I'm just that cool (don't pop my bubble). Just to reassure you, I am not your mom. That should make you feel marvelous. You would go insane if i were your mother. Now that that's all cleared up, I don't know what to do with myself.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:45 pm
Shauni says...

Hi Box! This thing we both did it's called a post. <--- Just a thingy there.
Now! Welcome aboard to our super-writing-and-other-super-cool-stuff ship! The YWS, of course. *waves at box and gives a cookie*
We love cookies here!
My mother has 43 years old. --'
There is no way that you could be my mother, unless you are one of those internet kidnappers and abusers. I will just hope not...!

You're a bit lost? No good but I will help you. ^^
The YWS ( Young Writers Society) is a community for young writers and aspirants to become writers that post their work here. All the users of YWS are free to review those works and give their opinion. This way, everyone improves their writing skills, with everybody's help.
Cleared up? I hope so... :P

Now, for you to be here just fine, you need to follow three super simple rules that keep this site on it's feet.

1. No chat speak and/or capitalized sentences/words. We are all, supposedly, writers here...

2. Keep a 2:1 ratio. This means that for every post you make of your own work, you should at least make two reviews. But, to post your work, you need to have points. These points come from reviews others people work. You can earn until 50 points per review, depending on their length. A review is only counted as a review when it has, approximately, 250 characters ( 3 sentences).

3. Rate your works accordly. Works with f-word and/or sexual content, must be rated R. Works rated PG-13 below will appear on the front page.

And you?

Cookies or ice-cream?
What's you favourite music genre?
Are you normal, 'cause I'm not... :roll:

That's it my friend. I hope you have a blast in our wacko-crazy-insanely-magical-and-beautiful family!
I expect to see some of your works.
PM me if you need anything!

Best wishes
Shauni

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:13 am
Carlito says...

Hey outofthebox, welcome to YWS! :D

Wow, I do feel marvelous that you're not my mom. That would mean my mom was younger than me :eek: :D

If you haven't already, I would check out the Groups. There are a ton of them on almost anything imaginable. If you find some you like, join. :) That's a really fast and easy way to make friends here because you'll be chatting with folks that have the same interests as you :)

Now to the really hard questions...
What's your favorite genre to read/write? What kind of music do you listen to? What's your favorite TV show? What's your favorite kind of ice cream? What's your dream cake? What's your favorite baked good? If you were piece of furniture, what kind would you be and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:09 pm
outofthebox says...

Okay. I don't know if you will get the chance to read this or if i was supposed to pm you but I'm posting this! Thanks for taking the time for giving me some tips. I really appreciate it! To answer your questions,
1.) I'd take cookies over ice cream any day! Ice cream just melts quickly, and makes a mess.
2.) My favorite genre of music is alt rock. I like Jack White and The Silversun Pickups.
3.) I am definitely not normal, and I never want to be!

Now you know some things about me, but I don't know hardly anything about you!
1.) Which do you prefer?
chocolate/butterscotch
2.) What kind of music do you like?
3.) What is your favorite book?
4.) What is your favorite movie?

Again, thanks for helping me out!

Random avatar

Reviews: 15
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:15 pm
Horserider says...

Hi box! What kind of things do you like to write?

I like butterscotch especially in pie and ice cream topping form. Mmmmm. I like country music best, but I also listen to some rock like Nickelback and a few random pop songs. My favorite book...that's a tough one; there are so many awesome books. If I had to choose one I'd say Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (I've been a Harry Potter maniac for years. I still remember the day I got the first book so many years ago.) My favorite movie right now is Prince Caspian, but I expect that to change when Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince comes out on July 15th. :D If you take Harry Potter out of the equation, then Rick Riordan's The Last Olympian book (the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series) would be my favorite book.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:53 pm
Shauni says...

Hi there again.

1.Chocolate, definitely.
2.Rock rocks! My favourite within them all but I listen a bit of everything.
3. So many to choose but "The Three Kingdoms" is awesome. (only released on POrtugal...)
4. Movies.... I've watched so many that I can't decide. Maybe "Spirit"...

I've glad I could help you!
Hope to see your work around there!

Best wishes
Shauni^^

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:29 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS. Pm me if you need anything.

NM
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

Remember: the plot is nothing more than footprints left in the snow after your characters have run by on their way to incredible destinations.
— Ray Bradbury