z

Young Writers Society

Newish

69 Reviews

Reviews: 69
Sat Jun 06, 2009 3:37 am
youreit says...

Hey, I'm sort of new, and I say sort of because I've been here for about 3 or 4 days and I'm already feeling right at home at YWS. I've posted a few things in romantic fiction and have gotten a lot better at reviews. (I'm a fast learner!) Anyway, I just figured I'd say hi. My favorite genre is romantic fiction, my favorite book is Twilight, and my favorite bands are Green Day, The Script, and Nickelback. So, that's me. Oh, and I'm a hopeless romantic.
I smile, because I'd rather have laugh lines than a perma frown. :)

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:38 am
*writewatiwant* says...

O.O Twilight? Nickelback? The Script? I like them too! :D

Anyway, sort of welcome to YWS! I'm Kat, nice to meet you, and I'm a Greeter as you can see by the color of my name (blue). The name says it all, and so, I am here to greet you!
*waves with stupid smile*

*clears throat*
Anyway, have you read The Rules?

You should check the Groups. They have on names 'Alice Cullen knows your next move'. As you can see from the name, it's a Twilight fan group.
Also, there are many anti-twilight people here, so don't take twilight offences much personally.

Tell us more about yourself!
Have you got any favorite author?
Blue or green?
Beach or forest?

PM me if you need anything!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:55 am
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there! I'm Avery, or fragile_heart(!)

As Kat mentioned, there are a lot of anti-twilighters. If they say something to you, please don't mind them. Don't take anything negative serious on here. Just keep your spirits up and remember why you love it! That's what I always do. *nods head with approving smile*

Anywho, Kat's already sent you the link to the Rules and Groups, but she hasn't mentioned the Will Review for Food thread or the Knowledge Base!

Basically, the Will Review for Food thread is a forum where writers can post links to stories that need reviews, and editors can accept the links and critique! It's actually a lot of fun, and if you'd like one of my reviews, you can hit either the "Reviews for Change" or "YWLJ Reviews!" links in my signature!

The Knowledge Base is the YWS Library. It contains everything and anything you'd like to know about YWS, writing, poetry, etc!

So anyways, onto you! You like Green Day? I have the American Idiot CD, but I haven't heard their new one yet. I like some of Nickleback's old stuff, like Photograph and Saving Me. What's your favorite song?

Good luck, keep writing, and lots of love!
- Avery

1275 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1275
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:00 am
niteowl says...

Hey youreit! Looks like you've already gotten a solid start on YWS so I'll just give you a gift and run away. Enjoy the site! :D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :elephant: :thud: :smt006 :smt007 :smt004 :smt026 :smt024 :smt016 :smt021 :smt020 :smt027 :smt031 :smt041 :smt059 :smt068 :smt072 :smt064 :smt077 :smt114 :smt084 :smt109 :smt101 :smt083 :smt116 :smt115 :pirate1: :ftw: :smt035
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:40 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Youreit^^ I remember you from the chat! It's good to jump into things around here and just get started, as long as you're willing to learn ;P

Since just about everything technical was explained, I'll just go over the basic tips.

Don't take all reviews to heart. Some of the critics here are seriously evil xD and they'll tear your work to shreds, literally :F But don't worry! They only want you to improve! From your first reviews you'll shape yourself as a writer and get better until one day you become one of those people who shreds newbies xD

When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's only proper ^^

That's all I have for now!

Good Luck and Have Fun!
-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:54 am
Wiggy says...

Sup, youreit? Can I call you tag? Sorry, it's just easier to say. XD

Welcome to YWS! (I'll give you the full one, even if you've been around for awhile.) *conducts an entire orchestra of drums, trumpets, flutes, triangles, and 5 part harmonies* Hope your ears didn't split! :P

You like Nickelback? That's so cool! I don't know which one of their songs is my favorite. "I Love You" is pretty awesome, as is their newest one (and I can't remember for the life of me what it's called...*braindead*).

Oooo, yay! Another hopeless romantic! Dare I hope you adore fairy tales? If so, we are SO friends. I still believe they exist (can exist?). XD Cinderella rocks my socks. :)

Seems like you know your way around the site pretty well, but if you have any questions, feel free to pm me! So glad you're here! :) *hugs* Have a great day!

Wigs ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:04 am
WaterVyper says...

Hey youreit! It seems as though everything has been explained, so I don't have much to do here. You're a Twilight lover? Well, the Twilight usergroup has already been mentioned, so that's that. Oh, and I like Green Day too. It's just that I've been avoiding it for a while, mostly because of one of the bands of my school. I don't mean to be offensive, but the singing should be left to someone else. I got goosebumps, really.

And since you like writing romantic ficiton, do you have any favorite plot devices? In romantic fiction, I supopse I like reading about something negative that the protagonist believes about him/herself that slowly starts to destroy the relationship. What do you enjoy writing about in romance?

Well, if you ever need anything, feel free to PM me! I'm not usualle one for romance, but I might give your stories a read. I hope to see you sometime soon. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:06 pm
Carlito says...

Hey youreit, welcome to YWS! :D

I like Twilight too :) If you haven't already, I would recommend joining the Twilight Usergroup, it's really fun.
Oh, and I'm a hopeless romantic too. *falls over gracefully with hand on forehead and wishes Prince Charming were there to catch her* :)

What's your favorite sport? What's your favorite kind of cookie? What's your favorite movie? If you were a marine biologist, what animal would you study and why?

I hope you have a great time here and if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to PM me! :D

-Carly
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how.
— Fredrich Nietzche (Philosopher)