z

Young Writers Society

Hello there!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:27 pm
Unsquishable says...

Hi! I'm 16 years old and I'm from the Philippines. I've been writing since I was around 8 years old.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:26 pm
Meep(: says...

Firstly: Your username is awesomesauce :D

Secondly: Welcome to YWS, we provide free straightjackets! :)
I hope you'll have as fantastical a time as I have :D

Anyhoodledoodle, I'll need to brief you on some rules:
--> Please keep chatspeak and CAPS lock to an absolute minimal, please.
--> Rate your works whenever possible. Works with adult content and strong language should be rated 'R'.
--> We have this important rule called the 2:1 ratio rule, where for every piece of work you post, you should review two other pieces of work done by others.

Also, if you haven't noticed our coloured usernames yet, here are the jobs:
Grey - The normal members, who don't really wish to hold an extra responsibility, but are just as important as those who do ;)
Blue - Greeters, like me. We greet the new members and make them feel welcome, giving them the basic info and such :D
Purple - Instructors. They help you out with the posting of your work, give you tips on writing, and if you're nice enough, they'll even help you out by giving you a critique! :D
Light Green - Junior Moderators. They assist the Moderators.
Dark Green - Moderators. They help keep the forums neat and orderly, and make sure we behave :D
Red - Administrators. They oversee just about everything in YWS. The Mods help them out. We've got 3 of them: Nate (He created YWS), Firestarter and Meshugenah.
Orange - Distinguished members. Basically retired Mods.

Oooh! Do remember to check out our YWS Chat! It's been newly refurbished! :D
You're from the Philippines? Welcome, fellow Asian ;)
I can understand a little Tagalog.
So tell us more about yourself! Likes and dislikes?
What kind of stuff do you write about? Poetry? Some genre of fiction?

Feel free to PM me if you've got any queries, and I'll see you around!
Have a great day! :D
~Meep(:
~Liverpool F.C Supporter~
"You'll never walk alone"

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:20 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

*_* You're from the Philippines?! Yes!! More Filpinos! Woot!

Welcome to YWS unsquishable. I'm Shina, one of the blue-titled people known as greeters. It's our job as well as our pleasure to greet you guys ^^

Hehe, no matter how long you've been writing or how good you are, YWS will make you TEN times better! Not joking! The instructors, greeters, mods, and so on are all great reviewers, advice givers, critics, and teachers! They'll teach you everything from proper format to how to get your message across in your writing. They'll teach you how to show and not tell and how to start off a good story!

Keep and open mind and learn! Take advantage of this site! Writing teachers and classes cost so much these days, when right here you've got your own little workshop just for you.

It's like Dr. Suess but for older people! (though, I must say, Dr. Suess is timeless!)

Since Meep has covered the tech stuffs, I'll go over what I think is important.

When someone signs your guestbook, sign theirs back. It's polite :D

Don't take all reviews to heart. When you post you're giving everyone permission to review and say what they feel. Take the suggestions you feel are write and your writing will improve by far!

THat's all for now!

-Shina
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:17 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Meep and Angel seem to have done a well enough job with critiquing and such things so I'll just say hi :D. I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker, TDW, or just DW. You can call me whatever you want :D

And wow you've been writing for a long time :D. I started about 5 years ago when it comes to novels and such but thats amazing that you've taken such a flare to writing at such a young age!

It's a pleasure to meet you and if you need anything feel free to PM me, whether that be a friend or someone to review your work :).

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:29 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hey Unsquishable! Where did you get the idea for that totally awesome username? It made me laugh, I'm sure it'll do the same for many others here at YWS (Young Writers Society)
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forgot to mention, I'm Vivacious, but you can call me Vivi, Viv, Vivz, Vi, Viva or any of the sort. Or my real name Chloe, so Clo, Cloclo...

You're from the Philippines? One of my friends has family there. :smt023

What else do you like to do besides writing? Head on up to the little “Groups” Icon at the top of the page. Click it and search for a group with the interest that you have. If you find one, join it! If not, at the top of the page there’s a link to a forum where you can create a group. Have fun!

Feel free to PM me if you need any help or would like me to review a piece you have written.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:27 pm
Night Mistress says...

Hey,

Welcome to YWS.

If you ever need anything, feel free to pm me.

Hope you enjoy it here.
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

uwu
— soundofmind