Young Writers Society

The Truth to Mira

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Sat May 09, 2009 1:18 am
View Likes
Mira says...

Removed
Last edited by Mira on Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

135 Reviews

Reviews: 135
Sat May 09, 2009 2:58 am
View Likes
ballerina13 says...

Hello!It is nice to know more about you. What type of things do you write? Who are your favorite authors? What type of music do you listen to?

51 Reviews

Sat May 09, 2009 4:18 am
Mira says...

I only write fiction - usually in the fantasy or adventure genres. The same with my reading, though a good romance is always good to read.

My favorite authors... Hmm... That's a hard question, but I'd have to say Stephenie Meyer, Rick Riordan, Cassandra Clare, and Alyson Noel. Their books, respectively, are the Twilight Saga, Percius Jackson and the Olympians, the Mortal Instruments, and Evermore. I recommend them all! :)

I love music, but what I listen to most is pop and country. I also like a bit of rock, though its taken me time to grow used to. I suppose Rock Band helps... Lately I've becomed obsessed with the violin, as I said before, so I've been listening and relistening to my Mozart CD (which I found out is majorly scratched! T.T). I'm pretty flexible with music, because it's just amazing. My favorite artists would be Kelly Clarkson, Paramore, David Archuleta, Lincoln Park, MyChemicalRomance, FallOutBoys, Taylor Swift, and so on. :)

At the moment I am working on a book, but I have an idea for a new one. I'm hoping to finish the first soon and work towards publishing, but I know I have a lot of work to do on my writing style. I'm going to work the first part of my summer towards tweaking this and then revising my book. Hopefully everything works out!

And thanks for the comment! :)

115 Reviews

Reviews: 115
Sat May 09, 2009 5:22 pm
View Likes
mhmmcolleenx0 says...

Hey, Saphire. Nice to know more about you. I'm going to a Fall Out Boy concert on the 16th. Good luck on you book! That's kind of funny about the fear of dogs, now that you have three. :)

So, yeah. Again, it was nice to know a bit more about you.
"Can't stop, won't stop. I must be dreaming."

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat May 09, 2009 7:55 pm
MagnusBane says...

You have a Korean Jindo? Lucky! I love those dogs, especially their fluffy tails! They're an absolutely gorgeous breed.

Cassandra Clare is my favorite author. Have you read City of Glass yet? I forced my mom to take me to a bookstore the day it came out. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

51 Reviews

Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 am
Mira says...

Colleen: That concert sounds awesome! You'll have to tell me how it turns out. :) And yeah, it's really ironic that I have three dogs now. Kind of crazy, but that's just how the world works sometimes. :) Now, I'm totally in love with any kind of dog.

Magnusbanefan: Oh, I know! Beau, the Jindo, is just absolutely adorable, though he is a bit crazy. He's really shy and sometimes a little devil, but you can't help but love him. I just got City of Glass today. I'm super excited! A Border's was going out of business and it was 40% off. In fact, I'm about to ditch my computer for the book...

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Tue May 12, 2009 12:58 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya Saph!

So sweet to know more about you ;)

So how's the violin saving going? Haha, you'll get one don't worry. It may take awhile but you'll eventually get one.

Cassandra Clare's books are excellent. Me, being a person who doesn't like vampires, loved them. I just finished reading City of Glass on Friday. I was a little disappointed but I don't want to ruin it for you :(

Mozart has got to be my favourite composer. I love that music! While we're on the topic of music, have you heard Taylor Swift's song "Love Story"? I love the video. :D The dress she's wearing is beautiful...It's gotta be the old style of it. We got to talk about music more ;)

Good luck on your books :lol:

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Tue May 12, 2009 9:07 pm
tori1234 says...

Hey Saph! I feel the need to comment on this!

You said you wanted to get a violen, I'm not sure if you know how to play one or not, but either way, a double bass is SO much better! They are the foundation of all music. And if not a double bass, a viola is the second best, they are deeper than a violen but not as deep as a cello. (And they don't squeak like violens do!)
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

51 Reviews

Wed May 13, 2009 10:58 pm
Mira says...

Meadow: Aw, thanks. :) Violin saving... Yeah. Instead of the thirty dollars I did have, I am now broke. Saving isn't going well, Meadow. *cries* I got City of Glass on Saturday and finished it Monday! I was happy, though I thought it could have been better. Mozart is an amazing composer! Unfortunately, he's about the only one I know at the moment... I really need to get into my classic music vibe. :) And I love that song! "Love Story" is just gorgeous and her dress is... I wish I could try it on and spin around, maybe feel like a princess. :)

Tori: Double bass? I'll have to see one perform. :) But I don't know... I'm pretty hooked on getting a violin.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Thu May 14, 2009 12:34 am
MeadowLark says...

It could have been better! Sebastian was like one of my favourite characters and then..grr! Whose your favourite character(s)?

So sorry to hear about your savings. I have troubles saving my money too :D

Well, if you like Mozart check out Chopin, Vivaldi, Bach, Handel, Strauss, Beethoven and Tchaikovsky--he has the Nutcracker Suite. I love that music! Ahem, yes I love classical music.

I actually never listened to the song all the way through until I watched the video on day---I was bored. But I loved it. If I ever find a dress like hers, I'm going to buy it :D
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

51 Reviews

Thu May 14, 2009 10:21 pm
View Likes
Mira says...

I did like Sebastian, but he started acting like such a jerk towards the end... Hmm... I like all of them! It's so hard to pick a favorite.

Yeah... Money is so hard to keep a hold of.

I'll make sure to check them out! I've heard of Chopin, but haven't really heard his music. :) Thanks.

It's a wonderful song! And if you buy it, you'll have to tell me where you found it. :)

529 Reviews

Reviews: 529
Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:06 pm
xDudettex says...

Hey Saphire =]

It's nice to read more about you =]

I'd love to learn to play an instrument, too. I'm actually thinking about learning to play the guitar =]

Wow - I love Paramore and Falloutboy, too. Paramore's my favourite band, if you haven't already guessed by looking at my avatar lol

Speaking of which, I have no life outside of school. - Yes you do! You have the wonderful world of YWS! :)

See you around the forums!

xDudettex :D
'Stop wishing for the sunshine. Start living in the rain.' - Kids In Glass Houses.

'Would you destroy something perfect in order to make it beautiful?' - MCR artwork.

51 Reviews

Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:42 pm
Mira says...

The guitar is awesome! I have one, but never learned to play it because I couldn't tune it...

It's nice to know that you like Paramore, too. They are truly amazing! :)

Aw. ^-^ You're so sweet. I suppose this would be my life outside of school. :) Yay!

Smiles!
@;~ Saph

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:11 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Woah, you're like me! Except for the school part..... and the boyfriend part..... I don't go to school and I haven't had a crush/boyfriend in my life, so.... yeah..... I also don't do music, but I take tae kwon do. and I have no idea why I'm telling you all of this.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

51 Reviews

Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:20 pm
View Likes
Mira says...

That's super cool! :) I love meeting people with the same interests as me, though meeting people is just cool enough. :)

I haven't had a crush/boyfriend in my life, so.... yeah.....

Don't worry, I've never had a real crush or boyfriend. I don't really count 3rd grade, considering it was elementary and I still considered romance nasty. :)

Tai kwon do? Super cool! I wish I could do that, but I'd probably hurt myself... XD It's really cool, though. :) I give you a thumbs up for that! :smt023

Smiles!
@;~ Saph

they say money can't buy happiness, but what they don't realize is that money *can* buy novelty socks.
— blueca