z

Young Writers Society

heyy

321 Reviews

Reviews: 321
Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:43 pm
Flower~Child says...

Hey flower here I am new....
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

78 Reviews

Reviews: 78
Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:39 pm
Theodorable says...

Well hello there. Since you are new to the web site there are a few things you need to know.

You need to keep a 2:1 ratio of works critiqued/reviewed to works of your own.

You also need to rate your works. All will show up on the front page except for those that are rated R. Please rate works that have language, or some sexual connotation. Though no sex scenes are allowed.

Try to keep the texting lingo to texting. We try to use correct grammar. Although an occasional lol is used.

Well enough of that. I'll leave it for others to say.

Why don't you tell us some of your interests, like you favorite: book, author, band, genre of music, just to begin.

Well have fun! And if you have any questions feel free to PM me.

See ya around YWS.
Driver picks the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole. -Dean, Supernatural

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:57 pm
Fortuna says...

Hej Flower! Hope you have a lot of fun on this site, some people should be around to explain rules and such.

Can't wait to see your work!

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 pm
Dreamwalker says...

Hey there flower :D I'm The.Dreamwalker but most people just call me dreamwalker, DW or TDW but you can call me whatever you want :D. I prefer dreamwalker the best tho ;).

Okay, so some things you might be curious on are the colour coding of some of the names on YWS like me and others. Here's a basic breakdown.

Blue: Greeter
Purple: Instructors
Light green/Green: Junior Mod's/Moderators
Red: Administrators
Orange: Distinguished members.

The blues, like me, are greeters. Our job is to make sure newcomers understand all the rules of the website and to help them on their way in YWS. It's a pretty crazy place but we love it to bits :D.

The purps are the instructors. They are the ones who review, review, review like crazy. Basically, if you need a good critique, the purps are the ones to go to and they are very good at what they do :D.

Then theres the light green and greens. The light greens are junior mods and they usually take care of a specific forum or so and make sure it's running smooth as silk. The Mod's usually make sure everything is. Be nice to them though for they do have the power to ban :P.

The red's are our admin's. Nate is basically our YWS God. He created this wonderful website in which we all partake and we worship him ;). There are also other Admins like Firestarter and all them. They also have the power to ban XD.

Then there are our distinguished members or the oranges. They tend to not be on the website much anymore but when they are they are really good at reviews and such. basically they are retired mod's and such who just dont feel the need of the responsibility anymore. Basically people who decide to leave YWS.

So yeah, thats about it :)

If you have any questions, or need a review, or even just need a review, PM me and I'll be there in an instant :D.

From Dreams to Reality
~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

321 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 pm
Flower~Child says...

Thanks haha and I will try my best to keep the text talk to a minimum. I really hope that my poems and writing will be great, and if it isn't then I hope I will improve. My favorite books are: Twilight, Series of Unfortunate Events, Inkheart, and many more. Music well its just whatever really. Favorite authors are: Stephanie Meyer, and Carolina Funke. I don't think you will have any problems with me haha. Most of my stuff won't be rated any higher than pg-13. I hope I inpress. :)
My reality comes to a close as I once again realize that you don't love me, and even if I love you with my everything you will never care.

321 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:46 pm
Flower~Child says...

One thing I was wondering is if I have a poem that I can't finish can I post it and get help on the end?

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:36 am
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

You could do that. Another option would be to ask somebody (preferably an Instructor) who critiques poetry and ask them to help you behind the scenes. Then you could post the whole poem and get further help. But I know of no rules that prevent you from posting an unfinished poem!

Another place you could go is he Knowledge Base, found by hovering your mouse over "resources" in the header and right-clicking the Knowledge Base option. You'll find a section for articles on poetry, which might be able to help you out. ^_^

A place to find people who critique poetry is Will Review for Food, a subforum of the Lounge. There, you'll find a bunch of threads made by people who'll critique on request. Look at a few threads, post on a few that look good, and wait for a critique.

If you need anything, feel free to PM me! I'm a purple-named member under the blue coat, (meaning I'm an Instructor), and am willing to help!

~Rosey
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

321 Reviews

Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:14 pm
Flower~Child says...

Cool thanks

489 Reviews

Reviews: 489
Thu Jun 04, 2009 12:08 am
View Likes
Dreamwalker says...

Ah, a Cornelia Funke fan :D. I read the theif lord and it was beautiful. The inkheart series was alright although inkspell was the best in the series :D. Although I will disagree with you on Stephanie Meyer, if you like vampire novels I highly recommend the vampire chronicles :D.

~The.Dreamwalker
Suppose for a moment that the heart has two heads, that the heart has been chained and dunked in a glass booth filled with river water. The heart is monologuing about hesitation and fulfillment while behind the red brocade the heart is drowning. - R.S

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:54 am
Snoink says...

Flower~Child wrote:One thing I was wondering is if I have a poem that I can't finish can I post it and get help on the end?

Haha, totally. You might want to add a little note saying, "Help! I can't figure out how to end this!" That way, you won't get critiques that keep saying, "This sounds unfinished..." and they can actually help you better. :) Or, you can go to YWS chat and ask for help there--I'm sure the members in there would love to help you.

So! Why the name flower~child?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

321 Reviews

Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:01 am
Flower~Child says...

haha sorry i left my bad, and that is my name everywhere now. I used to be Sereen or Sereen_Girl (a character from a story I wrote that is unfinished). And yes I am a Inkheart fan even if I havn't read the last one yet haha, and Stephanie Meyer of course she is a great vamp writer slash romance hehe I like the Host to though haha.

fun fact i hear my evil twin once wrote a story about a hacker who used the name fyshi33k bc there are 33k-ish species of fish and she liked phishing so fyshi-33k made sense but then she got super embarrassed when someone forced her to explain
— VyperShadow