z

Young Writers Society

*Insert catchy fanfare sound here*

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sun May 10, 2009 11:38 pm
WaterVyper says...

Hey Rory and welcome to our wonderful world of YWS! I guess I'll be your Greeter for today. You want to be a screenwriter? That's really cool. If you want to be a screenwriter, then there's this website, Withoutabox where you can find some of the latest screenwriting competitions. And, even though it's (sadly) passed, April is the month of Script Frenzy, which is like NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) for scripts.

Well, I suppose I had better acquaint you with The Rules. They can be found at that link, but I can give you a few of the basic ones over here.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means to review at least two works before you post your own, and we ask for you to keep that ratio at all times. It helps if you go over that, like 3:1 or 5:1 or 198:1 for all we know. It makes sure that everyone gets a review, and the bonus is that the more you review, the better your own writing will get. And a review has to be at least 250 characters to be counted as a review.

2. Write properly, which means to use proper spelling, capitalization, and grammar at all times. This is a writer's website, so it's common courtesy, you know? And it makes whatever you write so much easier to understand, and no mishaps will happen because of it.

3. Rate your works properly. There are ratings like G, PG-13, and R depending on the content of the work you're posting. If you rate your works, they'll show up on the front page, which is basically promoting it to everyone. And if your piece contains the f-word or graphic scenes, then we ask that you rate it R. Don't want anybody stumbling into something they'd rather not read, do we?

Well, those are the some of the rules. Now, tell us more about yourself. Are you enjoying college life? What do you like to write? What about reading? Or interests in music? Movies? Other hobbies that you have? Other miscellany you wish to share?

So, it's great to meet you. I hope to see you around soon. Feel free to PM me if there's anything you need. See ya!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

37 Reviews

Reviews: 37
Mon May 11, 2009 3:03 am
XYZinnia says...

Hello there! :D

I’m XYZinnia, but you can call me Y.

Well, I see that Vyper has you pretty well covered. There is one other thing I’d like too add, though. See how WaterVyper name is blue? That’s because she’s a greeter. A greeter is someone who welcomes the newbies, like yourself, to the site. They basically show them around and explain the wonderful world of YWS. There are other positions and other colors too. For example:

Instructors are purple. They like to critique, or review, your work. Improving it so it can be even better!

Moderators are dark green. They keep everything under control, and help keep YWS wonderful! If you find a glitch or have a problem, you can report it them.

Junior Moderators are green. Their like Moderators helpers. A Junior moderator focuses on one area of the site. You can also report it to these guys.

Admins are red. They are like the foundation of YWS. Nate is the creator of YWS. They take care of this site and make sure it’s running smoothly.

Distinguished members are orange. They are people who have, respectively, quit being a Moderator.

Also, dwelling a bit more on rule #2:

YWSers don’t like it when you use CAPS, so try to avoid them. (After all, it’s not polite to yell.)

No chat speck. (ex: ttyl, ttfn, idk.)

So your in college, cool! Is it really stressful? What are you planning on majoring in? Is Preston a nice place to live?

Anyway, that’s about it. If you have any questions, I’m all ears!

Cheers!:)
-Y

I feel like it will be absolute hotdog water, but oh well. It's just a draft.
— Charm