z

Young Writers Society

Hi I'm new

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:35 am
blackpencil says...

Hey everybody. I;m new and I'm here to write and become better at writing. Plz review my work with compliments and/or constructive critisism!! Thnx!!! :D

122 Reviews

Reviews: 122
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:02 am
WaterVyper says...

Hello blackpencil! Welcome to YWS! Before you start posting your stuff up, there are two rules you have to follow at all times. They're easy to follow, so don't worry.

1. Keep the 2:1 review ratio. That means that you must review at least two works before you can put one of your own up here. It makes sure that everyone gets a review, and it makes people more inclined to review your stuff. Win-win situation.

2. No chatspeak, which means to use proper grammar, spelling, and capitalization at all times. Yes, even in the chat if it's open. Anyway, we're all grammar Nazis here, so please follow this one. It makes your posts easier to read if you do that.

Well, that's it for the rules. I gotta go soon, but I think I have enough time to ask the questions. What are your favorite books/genres/music/movies/hobbies/authors/etcetera? Tell us more about yourself. Well, feel free to PM me for anything you need, like reviews, questions, or friendship. See ya around sometime!
There once was a cat.
He wasn’t particularly fat.
Fuzzy was his favorite mat.
And really, that was that.

Oh, but did you really think so?
Keep reading, it’s just the start of the show!
And as for how far this tale will go…
Well, even the cat doesn’t know.

239 Reviews

Reviews: 239
Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:14 am
MeadowLark says...

Heya! Welcome to YWS! Nice to have you aboard. Yyper already went over the two main rules. Just don't forget to review!

You're from Canada too eh? Totally awesome! What do you write and read?

Well, nice to meet ya!

Meadow
Purple light in the canyon
that is where I long to be
With my three good companions
just my rifle, pony and me

--- "My Rifle My Pony and Me"

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:26 am
*writewatiwant* says...

Hey there blackpencil! Welcome to YWS! As the rules have been put out, I'll just give you the color explanation.

So, if you have looked around you might have seen that some users have their names in colors. Well, that's because they have jobs.

Blue - Greeters. Their job is to welcome the newbies and answer questions. Like WaterVyper above.
Purple- Instructors. They give the most detailed and constrictive reviews, and answer questions. If you want a review you can request it from them.
Light green/Dark Green- Junior Moderators and Moderators. the juniors are moderators of only one section.
Red- Administrators. Like Nate, they keep the site running smoothly.
Orange- They're mostly retired Moderators or Administrators.

So, that's it!
if you have any question just PM me!
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Sat Feb 28, 2009 2:35 pm
Flux says...

Hey, I'm La Reina.

Everyone has already gone over the important stuff, so I'm just going to clear something up.

R-rated works- It is rate "R" because it uses the "F-word" or has sexual content in it. It will not be previewed on the front page. Got it?

I'm Canadian too, man.

So, you didn't tell us much about yourself. Who's your favourite author, or maybe what's your favourite book? Do you have a favourite TV show? What genre(s) do you like to write? Anything like that.

If you need anyone feel free to message me, or anyone really. We're all willing to help a fellow writer!

~La Reina!
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:34 pm
Rosendorn says...

Hiya and welcome!

Yes, the rules in Viper's post are what we like people to follow. ;)

If you have any questions, PM me.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Sat Feb 28, 2009 9:39 pm
Chloe(: says...

Hello, I Vivacious, but call me Vivi.
I love your User name!
Any questions, you can ask me, and hopefully I'll have answers.
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:11 pm
Mars says...

Hey, welcome to the site! You didn't tell us very much about yourself - what do you like to write, poetry, fiction? What kind? Who are your favorite authors? Books? :)

I'm sure you'll find a plethora of members here who would be delighted to give you constructive feedback on work, and you can always request a review on the Will Review For Food forum under The Lounge.

There are Writing Tips and Writing Activities forums, as well as Discussion Forums, and we're always willing to help, so if you need advice you can post questions there or look at some other members' posts.

Anyways, see you around, and don't hesitate to PM me if you have questions!
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:29 pm
tori1234 says...

hey! what's up? would you mind if I called you Pencil?

So, everyone above me has already explained the rules, so I won't bug you with my extra nagging. I hope you like it here! Because I love it! Your find yourself right at home, and if you have any problems, just ask me or any other member, we'd be glad to help!

Have a great day!

Keep writing!

God Bless!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:50 pm
Demeter says...

Hey, blackpencil!

Cool name and avatar! :)

So, who are you? What do you like to do? How's it going in Canada? What's your favourite book? Who's your favourite author? How did you find your way here?

You know, some people say I ask too many questions, but I don't know why. I really don't know.

:P

I know the rule has already been pointed out, but it's so important I'll re-point it out: forget the chatspeak. Thank you! :)

So, tell us more about yourself. I hope you enjoy the site!

And PM me if you're need of reviews, answers, help, or a shoulder.

See you around!

Demeter
xxx
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

"I'd be a quote vigilante. A literary Batman. Someone had better be quoting me now!"
— Feltrix