z

Young Writers Society

What to know about the messenger

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:44 pm
Hermes says...

So many of you already know by now that I'm Hermes (Corey). So what can I say about me? Well, I'm a girl, and was born as such. Fascinating, no? I've often been described by my friends as insane, middle-aged, amazingly loud, sarcastic, and occasionally funny. My best friend Andy informs me that I'm a great writer, although I have OCT (OCD tendancies) and I'm a perfectionist. I've attempted to write 5 novels by now and so it's on my list of summer things to write my first and finish it! My summer list:

Stop messing with my website and have fun!

I have been a 'webmaster' for about a year now and I've done everything from game design to website review. Currently it's about me and my "portfolio" of projects, and I'm hoping it will stay that way. It's got a neat design.

Organize my life.

After this year (see the blog) I really, REALLY need to get it together. I procrastinate and an frequently irresponsible so I bought a stack of post-its, a day planner, and a laundry basket. Time to get to work on organizing my room, myself, and my work. My first assignment is making a database of my writings and novels. So far, so good.

Write a Novel

It's been a dream of mine for a while to write a novel. I have tons of ideas and I think the databases will really help with that. First I really need to get this machine cleaned up!

Learn Piano and Write a music score

Music is my passion and I plan on being a music technician for epic movies, so I have to learn piano for college, and I want to get one of my many score ideas down on staff paper.

Buy a macbook

I need a new laptop. Sadly this means I have to cut back on buying books and get a job.

Finish my personal summer reading list

City of Bones
Wicked
The Hot Zone
Kill Me
More....

Make a short film

This is postponed until I can get the macbook, but I really want to make a short little film for fun.

I play the trumpet and I've always wanted to play the trumpet ever since I knew one existed...let's see. that's about it. My goal right now is to really buckle down, get organized, and have an awesome summer learning new things and writing some more...

410 Reviews

Reviews: 410
Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:46 pm
Alainna says...

Hey Corey!

I know what you mean by trying to organize your life; I sometimes loose track of EVERYTHING.

I'd love to play the trumpet, sounds like fun! :D

I'm just about to get a laptop and am saving up at the moment; which means no books, CD's and other bits...but it will be worth it!!!

What's your favourite colour? Film? Book?

Alainna
xxxx
Sanity is for the unimaginative.

Got YWS?

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:50 pm
Hermes says...

I love green, and I loved The Monsters of Morley Manor. Favorite film? I really loved 300 and V for Vendetta, but there are so many.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jun 16, 2007 8:42 am
Rydia says...

Hey there Corey, good luck with the organising, it sounds tough!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

I don't do time.
— Liberty